Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old May 14th 2008, 7:12 pm
where is my gold ticket!!

michell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to all
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by nickywes
Hi there - what side and time is it on please? Also when is surf patrol on too.
its on living Tv and on at 9.00pm
surf patrol i have no idea sorry, i do also watch bondi rescue at the weekends as well

michell
Old May 14th 2008, 7:15 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

I have Nothing To Declare on series link........but it's the series I've already seen
Still good though.......
Anyone watch America's Psychic Challenge? I love that!!!
Beth x x
Old May 14th 2008, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Sorry its took me so long to update but had to get little man to bed then took ages to go through these post.

Well my 7 o'clock viewers were the ones that came last Weds but through a different agent. She said they needed to look at the garden again but her OH seemed confused (me too) I think they may have made a mistake and looked at so many and booked to see our and not remembered they had been b4

So no news really. Oh well got 2 more tomorrow. Lets hope there not stinkers
Old May 14th 2008, 7:22 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steveandtina
Sorry its took me so long to update but had to get little man to bed then took ages to go through these post.

Well my 7 o'clock viewers were the ones that came last Weds but through a different agent. She said they needed to look at the garden again but her OH seemed confused (me too) I think they may have made a mistake and looked at so many and booked to see our and not remembered they had been b4

Now now Tina.......share the viewers please....LOL
Beth x x
Old May 14th 2008, 7:35 pm
where is my gold ticket!!

michell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to all

Originally Posted by steveandtina

thats just unfortunate, but on the other hand at least you know the EA's are doing there job and pushing your property, and also that they only have a few in your area on their books which helps you out as its better to have 10 for sale in your area than 100 for sale and then buyers have to much choice,

well that is the way i see it
michell
Old May 14th 2008, 8:01 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by michell
its on living Tv and on at 9.00pm
surf patrol i have no idea sorry, i do also watch bondi rescue at the weekends as well

michell
Got it thanks.

You never know Tina, she may be telling the truth and wanted another look, lets hope so
Old May 14th 2008, 8:04 pm
Professional Dreamer!

Big Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really nice

Evening all
Haven't been on here for ages, nothing to update really just more doom and gloom! Like many others the house still hasn't sold and really can't blame the EA.

We were hoping to move back in August and I have a job lined up but looks like I will have to give back word!

My daughter is due to start A' Levels in Sep and If we haven't moved before then we will have to put the move on hold for two years until she finishes!

It's so frstrating not being able to make any plans. Normally we would have hols booked and be looking forward to them but can't even do that at the moment just in case we do sell.

My car was written off a month ago and I just can't bring myself to buy another at the moment as it will be a waste of money if by some miracle we do sell soon. The plus side of this that it is making me walk and I'm becoming fitter than I have been for a long time.

The housing situation in Yorkshire doesn't look like improving this year and it could be another year before it picks up. My OH works in the housing industry and was almost made redundant before Chrsitmas and it looks like it could still happen. Lots of people were laid off in his company last year and it is likely to start again soon!

It's difficult to give up on your plans but the sensible thing for us from a financial perspective woud be to put our plans on hold for a couple of years and hopefuly the housing situation would have improved plus the exchange rate. Not quite made that decision yet but can only give it a few more months.

Sorry for the doom and gloom!

Good luck to you all.

BS
Old May 14th 2008, 8:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Got it thanks.

You never know Tina, she may be telling the truth and wanted another look, lets hope so
Fingers crossed for tomorrow and for an offer from someone - even if they are the smelly ones.
Old May 14th 2008, 8:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Sky
Evening all
Haven't been on here for ages, nothing to update really just more doom and gloom! Like many others the house still hasn't sold and really can't blame the EA.

We were hoping to move back in August and I have a job lined up but looks like I will have to give back word!

My daughter is due to start A' Levels in Sep and If we haven't moved before then we will have to put the move on hold for two years until she finishes!

It's so frstrating not being able to make any plans. Normally we would have hols booked and be looking forward to them but can't even do that at the moment just in case we do sell.

My car was written off a month ago and I just can't bring myself to buy another at the moment as it will be a waste of money if by some miracle we do sell soon. The plus side of this that it is making me walk and I'm becoming fitter than I have been for a long time.

The housing situation in Yorkshire doesn't look like improving this year and it could be another year before it picks up. My OH works in the housing industry and was almost made redundant before Chrsitmas and it looks like it could still happen. Lots of people were laid off in his company last year and it is likely to start again soon!

It's difficult to give up on your plans but the sensible thing for us from a financial perspective woud be to put our plans on hold for a couple of years and hopefuly the housing situation would have improved plus the exchange rate. Not quite made that decision yet but can only give it a few more months.

Good luck to you all.

BS

Good luck BS. I feel like you. We might delay as much as we can too. Feeling really down about it all. At least we know it's not just us in this predicament.
Old May 14th 2008, 10:06 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know what my OH would think of me taking a photo of the EA
Might seem funny to him too Might be able to get a sneaky one of his bum as he walks off
Just tell him that it's all in the name of BE.

Originally Posted by Icarus
ewwwwwwwww
Sorry.

How's you?

Originally Posted by michell
Did anyone just hear on the news about gordon brown saying he is going to do something to help 1st time buyers, i only caught the end of the segment ahhhhhhhhh

michell
What, he's resigning?
Old May 15th 2008, 5:13 am
Just Joined

capo is a jewel in the roughcapo is a jewel in the roughcapo is a jewel in the roughcapo is a jewel in the rough

Why don't you just really lower your house prices, so that they stand out as a real bargain?

I'm not saying that to lose you money, but won't whatever you sell for go further in Australia now for a purchase there, compared to this time last year - even if you slash your own UK asking prices?

I'm reading that lots of Australia are experiencing a severe property crash.

I'm not an Australia regional expert so perhaps some areas are more stable, but judging from the feedback replies to that article, a lot of people are getting hit with falls.

Say you reduce your property in the UK by £35,000 or £50,000 to make it a real standout bargain, does it make much difference if the prices in Australia have dropped 10 or 20% more than that?

http://www.news.com.au/business/mone...013951,00.html

HOUSE prices in some parts of Sydney have almost halved as battling borrowers struggle to keep up with increasing interest rates.
One property in Bankstown, in the city's southwest, bought for $500,000 in August 2005 sold in February for $215,000. Several other properties in Sydney's west have recently been sold for losses of more than 30 per cent.
One property in Oyster Bay, bought for $1.09 million in December 2001, sold in March for $680,000, while a Caringbah apartment bought for $339,000 in June 2004 was sold for a loss of $104,000 last October.
The data - complied exclusively for The Daily Telegraph - showed that even the more affluent suburbs are now beginning to suffer. Several homes in Waverley, Coogee and Paddington were sold for losses of more than 25 per cent. The worst hit was the Waverley house bought in July 2003 for $725,000 and sold for $465,000 in March.

And experts predict that the losses will get worse as the year goes on.
Old May 15th 2008, 5:19 am
Just Joined

capo is a jewel in the roughcapo is a jewel in the roughcapo is a jewel in the roughcapo is a jewel in the rough

Mods - have I broken rules of some sort?

I just noticed I'm under some sort of "post will be show when approved by moderator" when I last tried to post encouraging information on this thread a moment ago, and such a delay sort of sucks.

Thanks.
Old May 15th 2008, 5:22 am
Just Joined

WTH.. that time it posted immediately.

Anyway I was just sort of saying, if you do cut your asking prices in the UK to really stand out in the market, could it be in many instances you'd still get a better deal when buying in Australia as things are, especially compared to last year. Seems to me some people could do that and still be quids in.

News over there is showing some steep prices falls.

http://www.news.com.au/business/mone...013951,00.html
Old May 15th 2008, 6:54 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Big Sky
Evening all

Good luck to you all.

BS
Hi BS - Could you just rent it out for a year or so and get over there for your DD to start her A levels. We have a similar problem with DS as he has just completed his first year carpentry apprenticeship and we thought he could do the 2nd year in Oz. I have not found out the details on it yet as not sold but am hoping that he could sort of take up where he left off and we will almost certainly rent Aug/Sept if not sold.
Old May 15th 2008, 11:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Anyone here? Feeling very despondant. Nothing is going right and no one will return my calls. Sitting here waiting for some good news which never comes. Have been crying most of the day as it is all too much.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.