Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Old Oct 21st 2004, 8:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Originally Posted by bundy
Sorry to hear abour your SIL...that's sad. I hope they can get on top of it asap.

This visa business is hard isn't it? All the waiting around. My visa is permanently on hold now. Not quite sure how I feel about it, but I know that I won't regret spending this time with my mum.
Bundy
All the time with parents is precious. We don't always appreciate it at time. My Dad died in 1989 and Mum in 1997. Still miss them both and both my wife's parents are no longer with us.

Problem is I keep thinking .....hang on it's us next inline!

Sorry pretty morbid..just my age.

Has G been on a world tour? Not seen posts for ages.
Old Oct 21st 2004, 8:49 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stewie
Bundy
All the time with parents is precious. We don't always appreciate it at time. My Dad died in 1989 and Mum in 1997. Still miss them both and both my wife's parents are no longer with us.

Problem is I keep thinking .....hang on it's us next inline!

Sorry pretty morbid..just my age.

Has G been on a world tour? Not seen posts for ages.
Yeah. I'm very lucky to have this chance to spend time with the old dears

G has been over to the States, the New England region I believe. He only got back on Wednesday so he's still catching up. I was supposed to be tagging along in his suitcase, but had to go to Jersey instead
Old Oct 21st 2004, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the rough

Yeah. I'm very lucky to have this chance to spend time with the old dears

G has been over to the States, the New England region I believe. He only got back on Wednesday so he's still catching up. I was supposed to be tagging along in his suitcase, but had to go to Jersey instead
Are we sure he's not Alan Wicker

Perhaps we shouldn't talk about him whilst he's not here.
His ears may be burning though and he may join in any minute
Old Oct 21st 2004, 8:58 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Are we sure he's not Alan Wicker

Perhaps we shouldn't talk about him whilst he's not here.
His ears may be burning though and he may join in any minute

Get away, he loves the attention

He could be Alan Wicker. We'll ask him when he next appears.

BTW, how's your daughter, the one having the crisis?
Old Oct 21st 2004, 9:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Get away, he loves the attention

He could be Alan Wicker. We'll ask him when he next appears.

BTW, how's your daughter, the one having the crisis?
Thanks for asking Bundy. The situation is the same unfortunately. We're desparately trying to find accommodation for her. When we go to Aus she'll be homeless. On her salary she's gonna find it really difficult.

Her fiance (sorry ex) has alot to answer for

Still I try to be positive...don't think it's working though

Kids....who'd av em?
Old Oct 21st 2004, 9:10 pm
She's a bird, you know

Thanks for asking Bundy. The situation is the same unfortunately. We're desparately trying to find accommodation for her. When we go to Aus she'll be homeless. On her salary she's gonna find it really difficult.

Her fiance (sorry ex) has alot to answer for

Still I try to be positive...don't think it's working though

Kids....who'd av em?
She can come and live with us! We're not going anywhere....Shame we don't live up your way really.

She'll find somewhere. Must be able to find a shared house. Maybe that's just Cambridge (student central). Tried asking all your friends? My parents have traditionally farmed us lot out to friends of theirs whose offspring have sprung leaving an empty room to lodge in.

Must be hard to think about leaving when things are bad for her.
Old Oct 21st 2004, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

She can come and live with us! We're not going anywhere....Shame we don't live up your way really.

She'll find somewhere. Must be able to find a shared house. Maybe that's just Cambridge (student central). Tried asking all your friends? My parents have traditionally farmed us lot out to friends of theirs whose offspring have sprung leaving an empty room to lodge in.

Must be hard to think about leaving when things are bad for her.
If we ever meet Bundy, I'll tell you the whole story which is complex and you'd realise her predicament.

However life wasn't meant to be easy as you know yourself.

When we first decided to go to Aus and join our eldest daughter every thing was fine. Then all hell breaks loose and now we're feeling guilty for leaving.

Fortunately we do have family we can rely on here to keep an eye on things.

Anyway is there anything cheerful we can talk about? Any smut, affairs going on we can discuss behind peoples backs?
Old Oct 21st 2004, 9:22 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Stewie, sorry to hear about your sister-in-law and your daughter still
Good luck with it all!

And the visa too!

Yes, as Bundy said, busy working, but as some have maybe noticed.... more and more posts are appearing in work hours...
My excuse is: I don't have my 15 min morning and arvo teabreaks, so all those 5mins of checking forum are those breaks....
Old Oct 21st 2004, 9:22 pm
She's a bird, you know

If we ever meet Bundy, I'll tell you the whole story which is complex and you'd realise her predicament.

However life wasn't meant to be easy as you know yourself.

When we first decided to go to Aus and join our eldest daughter every thing was fine. Then all hell breaks loose and now we're feeling guilty for leaving.

Fortunately we do have family we can rely on here to keep an eye on things.

Anyway is there anything cheerful we can talk about? Any smut, affairs going on we can discuss behind peoples backs?
OK, final word before we ban serious....hope your daughter is ok and that she gets something sorted soon. Sometimes I think these crises are sent to make us change direction or learn something about ourselves that's important for the future. Cold comfort when you're in the situation, I know.

....and change of subject as requested.

Nothing much to report really. It's all been a bit dull. I was away for a week in Jersey, and the crap thread very nearly died :scared: . Happy to report it's been ticking along since though. I've found a new smut-buddy in Walla, kept me going while G was away. We sort of strayed from smut to Life Discussions in a rather alarming way a week or two back, but I've got my fingers firmly crossed for some more smut action when G is back on it.
Old Oct 21st 2004, 9:24 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simone
Hi Stewie, sorry to hear about your sister-in-law and your daughter still
Good luck with it all!

And the visa too!

Yes, as Bundy said, busy working, but as some have maybe noticed.... more and more posts are appearing in work hours...
My excuse is: I don't have my 15 min morning and arvo teabreaks, so all those 5mins of checking forum are those breaks....
I'm now home though btw.
Old Oct 21st 2004, 9:26 pm
She's a bird, you know

I'm now home though btw.

And good to see you it is too.
Old Oct 21st 2004, 9:27 pm
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

Wotcha Stewie....are you ok? What's been going on?

Been a bit quiet here lately...G's been on his hols, Bix is busy packing because he leaves for Cairns on 29th, Joe's busy getting ready for his move to Dubai, Simone's busy working, Loose is busy in Darwin, Sue is always busy and I'm....not.

My mum has had a set-back and Australia is now well and truly off the cards for the foreseeable future. Trying to work out what to do with life now.
but I still have those dreams about u..... heh heh.... :scared:
Old Oct 21st 2004, 9:31 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by joseph.creative
but I still have those dreams about u..... heh heh....

Why :scared: then? They must be pleasant dreams, surely?

Hello Joe. I was going to say 'look what the cat dragged in', but Bix isn't here...
Old Oct 21st 2004, 9:32 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

And good to see you it is too.
you too
Tried to karma you but won't let me Ok, not surprising as I did it yesterday!

lol @ joseph, and :scared:
Although, I'm curious now!
Old Oct 21st 2004, 9:33 pm
She's a bird, you know

you too
Tried to karma you but won't let me Ok, not surprising as I did it yesterday!

lol @ joseph, and :scared:
Although, I'm curious now!

...watch it, curiosity killed the cat (thought I'd continue the cat theme there)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.