Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Old Nov 9th 2004, 8:13 am
Invisi... K

ksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Originally Posted by Bob
It could be done, but I dont' think it'll be appropriate for the lounge, maybe it could be made sticky in the Oz lifestyle forum, but I wouldn't have the power to do that, you could ask JAJ or one of the other Oz mods though.
so do we need to move it to the oz forum then?
Old Nov 9th 2004, 8:36 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ksct97
so do we need to move it to the oz forum then?
Well if you want it made sticky so that it stays at the top, I think it might be more appropriate if it were in the Oz forum rather than in the lounge as that is where most people would know her from etc.
PM JAJ about it, and with the link to the thread and I'm sure he'll be able to help
Old Nov 9th 2004, 8:52 am
Invisi... K

ksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Well if you want it made sticky so that it stays at the top, I think it might be more appropriate if it were in the Oz forum rather than in the lounge as that is where most people would know her from etc.
PM JAJ about it, and with the link to the thread and I'm sure he'll be able to help

thanks for the info bob... though don't think i am the one to decide where this thread goes... more up to simone as she started it. Plus the oz forum have the bundymom-update thread, and they are posting their support on it there... so having one in the lounge allows us non-oz forum posters to put up our messages of support
Old Nov 9th 2004, 8:59 am

DIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice thought K about putting the thread at the top......... Poor Bundy life just sucks sometimes. I know you too Bob are going through a similar thing with your MIL. So remember we havent forgotten you too.
Old Nov 9th 2004, 9:01 am
Invisi... K

Originally Posted by DIMO8
Nice thought K about putting the thread at the top......... Poor Bundy life just sucks sometimes. I know you too Bob are going through a similar thing with your MIL. So remember we havent forgotten you too.
quite right... you're in our thoughts too Bob with your family!
Old Nov 9th 2004, 9:11 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the concern guys
But, it's different with us, not MIL, tho it is the grandmother....and as no news is good news, well hoping anyway, but she got her nurse and the mondo hospital bed set up, and at least she's at home.
Old Nov 9th 2004, 9:14 am

DIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Thanks for the concern guys
But, it's different with us, not MIL, tho it is the grandmother....and as no news is good news, well hoping anyway, but she got her nurse and the mondo hospital bed set up, and at least she's at home.
Sorry Bob I thought it was MIL...anyhow you know we care too.
Old Nov 9th 2004, 10:04 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Sorry Bob I thought it was MIL...anyhow you know we care too.
Aye, and it means a lot
Old Nov 9th 2004, 10:22 am
Deb

Deb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Aye, and it means a lot

Same here Bob..

Best wishes sent to you and your family.

Deb..
Old Nov 9th 2004, 4:04 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Sad news, just got a call, the missus gran just passed away, so we're gonna be heading up to be with the family for the next few days I guess.
Old Nov 9th 2004, 4:06 pm
Brit'n'TX

Originally Posted by Bob
Sad news, just got a call, the missus gran just passed away, so we're gonna be heading up to be with the family for the next few days I guess.
deepest condolences to your wife, yourself and the whole family, Bob ...

safe journey ...

Old Nov 9th 2004, 4:11 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
My condolences!
Very sorry.

Good luck with everything
Old Nov 9th 2004, 4:23 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Grayling
I've seen it far too many times I'm afraid. Personally and professionally.
There is not much any of us can give but support.

Best wishes

G
Yes, that's right, G; IME dealing with a loved one's terminal illness is the toughest thing of all, and no-one can deal with all those horrendous feelings & emotions for you. But having good supportive friends really does make all the difference in helping you face, and eventually come to terms with, what's going on.

Hopefully the fact that Bundy knows we're all here thinking about her & talking about it, even when she's not around, will at least help her feel that she's not alone.

Anya.
Old Nov 9th 2004, 4:25 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anya4oz
Yes, that's right, G; IME dealing with a loved one's terminal illness is the toughest thing of all, and no-one can deal with all those horrendous feelings & emotions for you. But having good supportive friends really does make all the difference in helping you face, and eventually come to terms with, what's going on.

Hopefully the fact that Bundy knows we're all here thinking about her & talking about it, even when she's not around, will at least help her feel that she's not alone.

Anya.
Yep, she's said many times that it really helps, even though she has 'real' friends too.
Old Nov 10th 2004, 1:09 am
Invisi... K

Originally Posted by Bob
condolences to you Bob and family... stay strong and you know we're here supporting you...

all the best through this difficult time

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.