Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Wikiposts

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Old Oct 25th 2004, 2:57 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Originally Posted by Grayling
I need to mess about with it. Still won't load. I'll try later .
Got to go out now.

G
Keep trying G. Can't tease us like this!
Old Oct 25th 2004, 3:00 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bundy
I really have to go out.

I promise I will have some loaded by tomorrow.

G
Old Oct 25th 2004, 3:00 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, that's mean! I have to go to bed!
I'll be eh.. worrying about it all night!

Old Oct 25th 2004, 3:03 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

FAQs. Always fun to write. I have to do them from work - have to think like an american college student. It's a strain
they think? *l*
Old Oct 25th 2004, 3:05 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
they think? *l*

Exactly.
Old Oct 25th 2004, 8:25 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Well I've managed to post a picture but I don't much like it.

I may get Mrs G to take a better one of me.

G
Old Oct 25th 2004, 8:50 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Well I've managed to post a picture but I don't much like it.
Very fetching, put a comment up, you do look like your ready to smoke a pipe in that pick
Old Oct 25th 2004, 9:24 am
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by Bob
Very fetching, put a comment up, you do look like your ready to smoke a pipe in that pick
Yeah I know.
I tried a pipe once.It made me sick

Not easy to take a good picture of yourself.

That's my excuse anyway.

G
Old Oct 25th 2004, 9:43 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Yeah I know.
I tried a pipe once.It made me sick

Not easy to take a good picture of yourself.

That's my excuse anyway.

G
Hehe...pipes are lovely, I wouldn't mind 'em, or nice cigars...too expensive though...
and picks, aye, never nice posing, always better when there candid and a surprise *l*
Old Oct 25th 2004, 7:08 pm
She's a bird, you know

Morning. Depending on where you are, of course.

G - have posted a reply to you pic, very good, very god. About blinkin time too! Now we all know who we are talking to, which can only be a good thing. Bob's right about the pipe though. You do look a little worried.

I am about to engage in battle with my boss. I may, in fact, walk out. So if I disappear, that's why.
Old Oct 25th 2004, 7:48 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

G - have posted a reply to you pic, very good, very god. About blinkin time too! Now we all know who we are talking to, which can only be a good thing. Bob's right about the pipe though. You do look a little worried.

I am about to engage in battle with my boss. I may, in fact, walk out. So if I disappear, that's why.
Oooohhhh, good luck.
I want more details later!
Old Oct 25th 2004, 8:59 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by Simone
Oooohhhh, good luck.
I want more details later!

We've locked horns, so to speak, and I'm back. Let's just say that she was a little, erm, patronising. Basically, as a huge favour to her, I did a load of transcribing. Nothing to do with my job, or the department's work, her own personal stuff. She gave it to me on a Monday morning and allowed me 3 hours to transcribe a 120 minute art history lecture. Bear in mind that I'm part of *senior* management, and not her secretary! I got it done in the time but didn't have time to check it thoroughly and passed it back to her with a comment to that effect, mentioning that there would be typos because I'd done it in a hurry without having time to read it through and that there is no spell checker when using track changes. So, after all my hard work, I thought I might get a little thanks. But no. This is what I get instead, by email - and again, bear in mind that I have a Masters in English from Cambridge University....(and note her appalling grammar!)

"What do they do to you in a cambs Eng degree!!

It's / its…. It's always expands to be 'it is'…. 'It's a nice day',
Cf: Its = Always possessive…. 'For its date, it's amazing' is right… Test by: Cd not be expanded as 'For it is date…'

D'ya know, it's (!) a funny thing, but your predecessor (also a Cambs grad) cdn't get that one either, till I did the 'it's = it is' thing….

One day, when people free the apostrophe, I may become a useful old dinosaur……"

I was a bit angry.
Old Oct 25th 2004, 9:50 pm
Bitter and twisted

I was bloody worried trying to picture myself. Mrs G said I should have smiled as well

Hope you sorted your boss out. Imagine asking you to do work for her when you should be on here

G
Old Oct 25th 2004, 9:59 pm
She's a bird, you know

I was bloody worried trying to picture myself. Mrs G said I should have smiled as well

Hope you sorted your boss out. Imagine asking you to do work for her when you should be on here

G
Well, quite. I have my priorities, you know

You did well, grappling with technology and all. I'd be hopeless at photographing myself....it would be all top-of-head or feet or something. You'll just have to post a big grinning photo too.

Anyway, how's tricks G?
Old Oct 26th 2004, 1:42 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

I was a bit angry.
Yes, I can imagine!
Even I know the difference, well, if I bothered to think long enough about it. I think I usually do it right...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.