Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Wikiposts

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Old Sep 28th 2004, 3:03 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Originally Posted by bundy
Right, I'm off. Dinner with the Dagboys tonight, hurrah!

I won't be back at work for the rest of the week (recovering from Dagboys?) but since I am getting broadband tomorrow, I'll be around plenty.
Hey, please say hello to Dags and MrsD from me
Tell them it's now definately Cairns for me.
Thanks.
Old Sep 28th 2004, 3:27 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sander
Hi,

Just thought I'd drop by to share some good news:

1. Today is my birthday
2. More importantly: I graduated uni on Friday!! Woohoo!

LOL, I know I don't post much here, but I felt like sharing it

Cheers!
He Sander!!!

Gefeliciteerd!!!!!!!!

Brilliant!
Will see you in November than? Or December?

BIx! OMG! Just read the thread, answered there!

Off to bed!

Bundy, hope your mum is better soon, and you feel better! Have fun with the Dagboys.
Old Sep 28th 2004, 5:33 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Bob - these are summer schools discos. Italian students dancing round their backpacks. We hire any disco that costs less than a round at the bar. The ceilidh band are fantastic though. And no, I don't have any work until March
Sounds like a fantastic job
And yae to dorky students prancing around, I like the frogs with rucksacks hanging around their arses, and the germans with tiny round glasses and weird coloured spiked hair....very bad stereotypes, but when you live in Oxford, you see bloomin' millions of 'em *l*
Old Sep 28th 2004, 5:39 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

I'm fine. Never made it to khai-bo (my khai-bo buddy dropped out and I'm too scared to go on my own). Went running instead. So still need a good rub down
You actually go somewhere to do it? Impressed....would have thought a dvd and kick up at home would have been enough effort
Old Sep 28th 2004, 5:51 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Grayling
Yep
Flying to Boston and then make it up as we go.

G
So where bouts in new england you thinking off and when?
Good luck with boston logon, bunch of arseholes there....i've known people to fly in through montreal and drive into maine, or into NY and drive up because logon is so rude....and also time spent trying to get out of the place, might as well have gone through the other places, about 5 hours drive from other places, so by time get through logon, that 3.5 hr drive would be around 5 hrs...
Old Sep 28th 2004, 5:53 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
ooooo....how lovely!!
isnt new england in the fall supposed to be one of the most beautiful sights in america (or have i been listening to too many songs/reading too many books!)
Too many books, it's all a trick to flock people over here to fleece them out of money while everything shuts down for the season...plus someone has to pay for the over priced petrol before the season ends
Old Sep 28th 2004, 5:56 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

It's the trials of living in Cambridge where the money we pay for a pokey flat would get us a 3 bedroom detached house with a garden elsewhere in the country
Yeah, rent is shocking, got a mate paying £310 a week in London...all so he can that that piece of paper that says masters, only needs it to get work in china as experience doesn't count for shit out there, so the whole course is a piece of miss...I told him he should just do it online and come in every once in a while for the assignments, but he wants to experience life away from Oxford...hmmmm...
Old Sep 28th 2004, 11:47 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Hoola, hoola, hoola.
Old Sep 28th 2004, 12:02 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Bix
Hoola, hoola, hoola.
hoop
Old Sep 28th 2004, 7:39 pm
f1junkie

Sander has a spectacular aura aboutSander has a spectacular aura aboutSander has a spectacular aura about

Well many congrats on both counts!

So, what next?
Thanks!
Next is getting me a spouse/defacto visa and moving to Perth

Old Sep 28th 2004, 7:41 pm
f1junkie

Sander has a spectacular aura aboutSander has a spectacular aura aboutSander has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by mutant
Spend all your time playing tetris do you?
LOL, I did spend some time playing tetris...
Haven't played for a while though...highscore still stands so don't need to
Old Sep 28th 2004, 7:45 pm
f1junkie

LOL! I was going to say something too.......along the lines of bloody students
Yeah, it's a hard life being a student...
Well, especially the last few month were serious hard work though... :scared:

Anyway, I'm not sure but aren't you the one who uses the computer at work to play around here all day?
Old Sep 28th 2004, 7:46 pm
f1junkie

Originally Posted by Bix
Congrats on both counts m8.
Nice to shout about it aint it ?
Thanks, and yes it is good to let people know!
Old Sep 28th 2004, 7:48 pm
f1junkie

Originally Posted by Bix
Yes it's really true !!

It was so hard and frustrating not being able to talk to anyone about it particularly on here.
Congrats!
Good luck in Cairns!
Old Sep 28th 2004, 7:52 pm
f1junkie

Originally Posted by Simone
He Sander!!!

Gefeliciteerd!!!!!!!!

Brilliant!
Will see you in November than? Or December?
Hoi Simone!
Dank je wel!

Yes, if all goes well we should be in Perth by the end of the year or early next year. Exciting stuff!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.