Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Wikiposts

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Old Aug 11th 2004, 7:48 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Originally Posted by Covenant
dooooh wot she say, i'm still sleepy......

Typical man!
Old Aug 11th 2004, 7:50 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
there!.......you see, us women are up with the crows, busying ourselves with the days' activities....while you testosterone fuelled chimps lounge around in bed all day!!

must be nice...........

no Bix, im not in need of a shag, although a nice bit of wilton would go down well.

sue

LOL! Exactly Sue. I've been sat at my desk since 7.00am. This week, my shortest working day has been 12 hours, my longest 17. Roll on next week and the end of the summer schools, that's all I can say!
Old Aug 11th 2004, 7:56 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bundy
LOL! Exactly Sue. I've been sat at my desk since 7.00am. This week, my shortest working day has been 12 hours, my longest 17. Roll on next week and the end of the summer schools, that's all I can say!

i was up at 5.30 just to get some ironing done in peace without the 3 terrorists running amok. Didnt quite work out how i planned though cos i ended up watching ice age (kids left it in dvd player last night) with my feet up and a HUUUUUGE mug of milky coffee and a plate full of toast!!
When I last got back from Oz in 1995, I went to work in London to set up a branch of the nursing agency i was working for.....we put in 18 hour days for about 6 weeks just to get staff on board (around 1200 nurses) - I was knackered (but well paid!) and the releif to get back to a 9 - 5 day was heaven!
Roll on next week Bundy ..... you can give these men folk the thrashing they deserve!! What are you up to today?

sue
Old Aug 11th 2004, 9:44 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Hi you lot!

Just come back from Jill's (go banana's), spent an afternoon discussing pole dansing, webcams, rabbit parties and girls nights out with all the girls!
(that should keep us going for a while )

And of course the adorable Smudge! OMG, how cute! Maggy took some pics and will put them up!!!

Btw, Pascal and I are thinking about getting a dog (yes, before I saw Smudge). I've realised it's good timing with me working only mornings, and Pascal probably not working for at least 2 more weeks...
And, I realised, if we do go away for the day or weekend(usually we'd take it of course), then we have Emily, Tamara and others who I'm quite sure would be willing to dogsit if necessary! (Emily's an animal 'freak' like me).
So.......

Now, just gotta get the go ahead from the owners of the house.... Called the rental company this morning, they haven't called back yet.....
Old Aug 11th 2004, 9:48 pm
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
there!.......you see, us women are up with the crows, busying ourselves with the days' activities....while you testosterone fuelled chimps lounge around in bed all day!!

must be nice...........

no Bix, im not in need of a shag, although a nice bit of wilton would go down well.

sue
Shag? Ohh no, rather have a nice glass of wine and some chocolate. Here tiredwithtwins, i find my typing is getting mighty fast with using this site, so that is my justification in using it!

Expats improves your typing.

Old Aug 12th 2004, 12:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Stewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the rough

"Let's just cut the crap and have a good row"

Women don't make very good drivers!
Old Aug 12th 2004, 12:57 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by Stewie
"Let's just cut the crap and have a good row"

Women don't make very good drivers!
Catch up Stewie, we've done that one pages ago It was a weak argument then, and it's a weak argument now.

Sue - today I have been tidying up our temp offices and carting lots of it back to our main office. So I'm sitting here surrounded by polystyrene cups, packets of Custard Creams, slide projectors and posters. I'm even sitting on a box of orange juice. Bit like moving house in a way. Total bloody chaos.
Old Aug 12th 2004, 2:00 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
G, you are going to have to wear rubber gloves......or at least latex :scared:
Originally Posted by Grayling
Which gloves would you recommend Bix?
G
Originally Posted by Bix
Well I use.....ahem.....I saw some nice fluorescent green ones the other day.
Quite fetching
I find a good handcream helps as well
G
Originally Posted by Bix
Got some tips as well

Talcum powder aids getting them on - like the wetsuit trick.

They often turn inside-out when you tug them off so just blow them up like a balloon to get them correct again.
tut tut tut !!!

When us girlies are not here you just miss us soooooooooo much
Old Aug 12th 2004, 2:02 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by Mairi&Chris
tut tut tut !!!

When us girlies are not here you just miss us soooooooooo much

It's quite endearing really, isn't it? Those poor boys, they just can't cope without us
Old Aug 12th 2004, 2:06 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Catch up Stewie, we've done that one pages ago
It was a weak argument then, and it's a weak argument now.

Sue - today I have been tidying up our temp offices and carting lots of it back to our main office. So I'm sitting here surrounded by polystyrene cups, packets of Custard Creams, slide projectors and posters. I'm even sitting on a box of orange juice. Bit like moving house in a way. Total bloody chaos.
Bundy, congratulations on getting through the summer schools!!!! :-)

I will celebrate with a glass of bundy (also to get me warm!!!! :-D )

Stewie, I'll bite:
Got my drivers license in Holland first time round, after 22 lessons (AVERAGE is 44 or something). Pascal got it the THIRD time, after about 50 lessons.
My theory test here in Oz I got 2 wrong(6 allowed), in 10 minutes(35 allowed), after scanning the book, half of it a week before I did the test.

Last edited by Simone; Aug 12th 2004 at 2:09 am.
Old Aug 12th 2004, 2:08 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

It's quite endearing really, isn't it? Those poor boys, they just can't cope without us
Still, its nice to see them getting in touch with their feminine sides every so often
Old Aug 12th 2004, 2:29 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mairi&Chris
Still, its nice to see them getting in touch with their feminine sides every so often
It's about the only thing feminine I can get in touch with nowadays

G
Old Aug 12th 2004, 2:33 am
She's a bird, you know

It's about the only thing feminine I can get in touch with nowadays

G

LOL! Nevermind G, nevermind. Does Mrs G know you're calling her unfeminine, by the way?!

Simone - with you on the driving. I passed my driving test after 18 lessons (during which I broke my leg and basically had to start again) and didn't get a single mark against me. A perfect score. My brother failed his test no less than 6 times and he still can't drive.

Shall we compare insurance premiums? Bet it's lower for us girls....
Old Aug 12th 2004, 2:34 am
She's a bird, you know

LOL! Nevermind G, nevermind. Does Mrs G know you're calling her unfeminine, by the way?!

Simone - with you on the driving. I passed my driving test after 18 lessons (during which I broke my leg and basically had to start again) and didn't get a single mark against me. A perfect score. My brother failed his test no less than 6 times and he still can't drive.

Shall we compare insurance premiums? Bet it's lower for us girls....

Erm, during the lessons that is. Not the test
Old Aug 12th 2004, 2:37 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Whooops!!

I forgot about Mrs G

G

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.