Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Wikiposts

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Old Aug 9th 2004, 9:44 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Originally Posted by Simone
I got a job, I got a job..........

Ok, a crappy one, and I don't even know how much it's paid(minimum is $14??), but at least I have something!
It's in a bakery in the local shopping centre(15 minute bike ride).
Casual, part time(30-35 hours).
Probably 4 days(weekdays), working noon till 6.30 pm.
It's cleaning up in the back, and helping out at the front counter.
The only question she really asked me(the 'interview' took 7 mins, and was held standing at a desk in the back, the 'office' ), was how my maths was. I said 'it's ok'. I couldn't lie and say it's great, cos it's not. But I did get through 'year 12', and my bachelor degree with good grades, and they have a till, so I don't think I have to use my head...

Anyway, it'll be good to start with, and I can look for something better!
And I can sleep in!!!!

Loose, are you looking for jobs in Darwin??
It's 21 here today(usually 18/19), so I'm quite happy!

Oh, I don't start the job till sometime next week, so I'm still on holiday!

congratulations on the job simone!!
like you said its good to start with.....and the lie in bit makes it a top job!! (when i go back after the 6weeks hols im back on 7am-7.30pm shifts!)
I was so looking forward to being able to do something like that.....I hate being a nurse (did i mention that before ).....but at the moment im stuck here. My dilemma of a couple of weeks ago was that i was going to resign and not go back, but because i work part time term time, my salary is averaged out over the 12 months, and as we have already had 10 weeks hols, i would end up owing the nhs money!!! so im stuck working at the moment.
is it raining where you are bundy?? sheffield is at a standstill cos of the heavy rain - loose, you best off in the heat mate! - i left a bucket out last night and cos it was raining non stop all night, this morning the bucket was full!!!!! that must be about 10 inches in as many hours (I can hear Looses mind click into action and thinking up some smutty retort!!)
kids currently playing in the bucket btw, i havent murdered them....yet!!!

sue
Old Aug 9th 2004, 11:25 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
congratulations on the job simone!!
like you said its good to start with.....and the lie in bit makes it a top job!! (when i go back after the 6weeks hols im back on 7am-7.30pm shifts!)
I was so looking forward to being able to do something like that.....I hate being a nurse (did i mention that before ).....but at the moment im stuck here. My dilemma of a couple of weeks ago was that i was going to resign and not go back, but because i work part time term time, my salary is averaged out over the 12 months, and as we have already had 10 weeks hols, i would end up owing the nhs money!!! so im stuck working at the moment.
is it raining where you are bundy?? sheffield is at a standstill cos of the heavy rain - loose, you best off in the heat mate! - i left a bucket out last night and cos it was raining non stop all night, this morning the bucket was full!!!!! that must be about 10 inches in as many hours (I can hear Looses mind click into action and thinking up some smutty retort!!)
kids currently playing in the bucket btw, i havent murdered them....yet!!!

sue
Morning Sue,

Peeing it down here too. I was work at the very crack of dawn, aka 7.00am this morning (the things I do for people )
Old Aug 10th 2004, 2:03 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

So where is everyone? Is this a pseudo-cunning ploy by the menfolk to lull us into some false sense of security? Or have we finally slain the beast(s)?
Old Aug 10th 2004, 2:33 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Loose,

Hey, the crap thread is really international now.

You have El Simone to contend with plus Mairi when she sobers up occassionally. Not really going to stretch you though is it ? I wonder if we should invite Ceri to join just so you keep in shape.

Yep, we've seen off Larissa and next time she surfaces will probably be on your side but only a shell of her former self.

We still have one or two fly by nights to keep us going but G and I are experienced at this game so can cope with anything they throw at us.
Bundy seems to have a large supply of evereadies but we will mould her before she gets to Nundle.

As for poor ol Sue, well, we got her kids in our pocket so she is too nackered to cause too much grief. We see fleeting glimpses but then she needs several days to recuperate.

Course we also got Cov and Stewie in reserve and we will need to use then some times otherwise they will go to seed.

The shite legs thread is here. A damned good read....

http://www.britishexpats.com/forum/s...d.php?t=246462

as is Sam's diary...........

http://www.britishexpats.com/forum/s...d.php?t=246602

Keep well bro
Old Aug 10th 2004, 2:37 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bundy
So where is everyone? Is this a pseudo-cunning ploy by the menfolk to lull us into some false sense of security? Or have we finally slain the beast(s)?
Just biding our time

G
Old Aug 10th 2004, 2:38 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Simone,

Really pleased you got the job.
Rome wasn't built in a day so this is a damned good start and very quick too.

Course if it was my shop I'd have you washing all the dishes
Old Aug 10th 2004, 2:39 am
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by Bix
Hi Loose,

Hey, the crap thread is really international now.

You have El Simone to contend with plus Mairi when she sobers up occassionally. Not really going to stretch you though is it ? I wonder if we should invite Ceri to join just so you keep in shape.

Yep, we've seen off Larissa and next time she surfaces will probably be on your side but only a shell of her former self.

We still have one or two fly by nights to keep us going but G and I are experienced at this game so can cope with anything they throw at us.
Bundy seems to have a large supply of evereadies but we will mould her before she gets to Nundle.

As for poor ol Sue, well, we got her kids in our pocket so she is too nackered to cause too much grief. We see fleeting glimpses but then she needs several days to recuperate.

Course we also got Cov and Stewie in reserve and we will need to use then some times otherwise they will go to seed.

The shite legs thread is here. A damned good read....

http://www.britishexpats.com/forum/s...d.php?t=246462

as is Sam's diary...........

http://www.britishexpats.com/forum/s...d.php?t=246602

Keep well bro
Hello Im here. dont forget me.

Old Aug 10th 2004, 2:39 am
Bix
da Bonehead

The most dangerous animal is the one that plays dead
Old Aug 10th 2004, 2:40 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Hello Im here. dont forget me.
Oh, that's a shame........I thought you missed the bus
Old Aug 10th 2004, 2:42 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by Bix
The most dangerous animal is the one that plays dead

And you boys play dead sooooo convincingly....

Thought I was going to have to flash you men or something, just to inspire some conversation
Old Aug 10th 2004, 2:43 am
Bix
da Bonehead

And you boys play dead sooooo convincingly....

Thought I was going to have to flash you men or something, just to inspire some conversation
Quick G - play dead
Old Aug 10th 2004, 2:46 am
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by Bix
Quick G - play dead
muff off muff mouth

Nope, I will be boarding my bus in just over an hour. And no doubt, sleeping through my journey.

Old Aug 10th 2004, 2:49 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
muff off muff mouth

Nope, I will be boarding my bus in just over an hour. And no doubt, sleeping through my journey.
Sam, I am really enjoying your exploits

I like reading about the bus too
Old Aug 10th 2004, 2:49 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Simone,

Really pleased you got the job.
Rome wasn't built in a day so this is a damned good start and very quick too.

Course if it was my shop I'd have you washing all the dishes
Er, yes, that's what I'll be mostly doing!
Just like to mention: this is a family business, and the WIFE is the manager!

Hmm, no, Rome wasn't built in a day, cos MEN were of course building it!
Old Aug 10th 2004, 2:54 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by Simone
Er, yes, that's what I'll be mostly doing!
Just like to mention: this is a family business, and the WIFE is the manager!

Hmm, no, Rome wasn't built in a day, cos MEN were of course building it!

Hee hee, well done Simone!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.