Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Sep 15th 2023, 1:44 pm
Just Joined

NYC1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Does anyone happen to have the email address to contact to check for status updates?
Old Sep 15th 2023, 1:49 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Florida88
Hi everyone!

so glad that I have found this webpage it’s been really insightful and helpful for me over the last few days.

I had my interview yesterday 13/09/23 at London for a B2 travel visa. I had the interview as I don’t qualify for ESTA due to previous convictions. Sadly I didn’t get the visa I was refused I was given a peice of paper which said I had been rejected due to moral turpitude. However the paper said I had been recommended for a waiver. The official told me I would recieve the waiver as the crime was over 15 years ago, I have a good job, married, no other convictions since etc.
I dont understand though at all because in 2013 I applied for a b2 visa and was successful! I got a 10 year travel visa. I don’t understand why I didn’t get this again? Even longer after the crime

and also, what are my chances of getting the visa? Can it still be rejected after the official has recommended me for the waiver? Is it likely?

any help appreciated , thanks
I generally wouldn't worry about if you will get the visa, if you've been approved before and not broken any rules, it should be approved again.

As to why the changes from being granted a B2 on the spot to then being recommended a waiver 10 years later, is anybody's guess!
Just prepare yourself for a bit of a wait to be asked to submit your passport. I'm now waiting 24 Weeks some have been waiting for over 15 months. It's a drain on the brain.
Old Sep 15th 2023, 6:43 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NYC1
Does anyone happen to have the email address to contact to check for status updates?
What makes you think there is one?
Old Sep 15th 2023, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

usvisa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tht
What makes you think there is one?
Your status won't be changed until you receive the magic email telling that your application has been approved and you are free to submit your passport.
You can email them and ask... and ask... and ask... but you'll get nothing. They are not sharing updates or disclose any information. Period.
Sit tight and wait.
Old Sep 16th 2023, 6:18 pm
Just Joined

Florida88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for the reply! Appreciate it.

yeah hopefully i will get the visa, I just want to take my family on holiday to Florida. It was a horrible experience at the embassy so I hope it’s going to be worth it.

24 weeks! That’s ridiculous! You can plan anything with those sort of delays Fingers crossed you recieve it soon
Old Sep 19th 2023, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

Georgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

I have previously had a VISA waiver approved back in 2018 howver that ran out so am in the process of renewing. Had my interview on the 3rd Aug 2023 and was refused but given a letter stating that they were applying for a waiver of inelligibilty like most on here and the same as I was granted before. When I login to the site https://ais.usvisa-info.com where I booked the appointment my curernt status still says 'Current Status: Appointment' depsite it being nearly 7 weeks ago. Is this correct as I was expecting that to change to something else now I've had my interview??

Any comments or thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old Sep 19th 2023, 8:28 pm
Just Joined

Florida88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for the reply! Appreciate it.

yeah hopefully i will get the visa, I just want to take my family on holiday to Florida. It was a horrible experience at the embassy so I hope it’s going to be worth it.

24 weeks! That’s ridiculous! You can plan anything with those sort of delays Fingers crossed you recieve it soon
Originally Posted by Georgey38
Hi,

I have previously had a VISA waiver approved back in 2018 howver that ran out so am in the process of renewing. Had my interview on the 3rd Aug 2023 and was refused but given a letter stating that they were applying for a waiver of inelligibilty like most on here and the same as I was granted before. When I login to the site where I booked the appointment my curernt status still says 'Current Status: Appointment' depsite it being nearly 7 weeks ago. Is this correct as I was expecting that to change to something else now I've had my interview??

Thanks
I had my appointment last week and mine says exactly the same. I don’t think it changes till you need to send your passport in according to previous posts on here
Old Sep 23rd 2023, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

Hi everyone!

so glad that I have found this webpage it’s been really insightful and helpful for me over the last few days.

I had my interview yesterday 13/09/23 at London for a B2 travel visa. I had the interview as I don’t qualify for ESTA due to previous convictions. Sadly I didn’t get the visa I was refused I was given a peice of paper which said I had been rejected due to moral turpitude. However the paper said I had been recommended for a waiver. The official told me I would recieve the waiver as the crime was over 15 years ago, I have a good job, married, no other convictions since etc.
I dont understand though at all because in 2013 I applied for a b2 visa and was successful! I got a 10 year travel visa. I don’t understand why I didn’t get this again? Even longer after the crime

and also, what are my chances of getting the visa? Can it still be rejected after the official has recommended me for the waiver? Is it likely?

any help appreciated , thanks
Hi Florida,

1. Back in 2013 probably you didn't disclose the crime info.
2. Refusal now. Depends very much on the officer approving application. Even on their mood at that day. They are not robots but people like everyone of us. I've seen the whole spectrum of reactions that will leave you speechless.

Wish you quick successful result.
Old Sep 23rd 2023, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

Ukexpat23 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had my appointment last week and mine says exactly the same. I don’t think it changes till you need to send your passport in according to previous posts on here
Mine went to refused the next day whilst the waiver is being processed.
Old Sep 23rd 2023, 4:03 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ukexpat23
Mine went to refused the next day whilst the waiver is being processed.
Waiver cannot be sought in advance of a refusal. Such is the system.
Old Sep 23rd 2023, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

Ukexpat23 is an unknown quantity at this point

just wondering why the last couple of posters still have their status as ‘appointment’. It should be refused surely to start the waiver process? Unless something has changed

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Waiver cannot be sought in advance of a refusal. Such is the system.
Old Sep 23rd 2023, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

movida is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ukexpat23
just wondering why the last couple of posters still have their status as ‘appointment’. It should be refused surely to start the waiver process? Unless something has changed
doesn’t it depend on which website you go to? If I go to the original portal where I applied and made my appointment, the status is still appointment. If going to to the tracker website then that’s where it says status is refused.
Old Sep 23rd 2023, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Georgey38
Hi,

I have previously had a VISA waiver approved back in 2018 howver that ran out so am in the process of renewing. Had my interview on the 3rd Aug 2023 and was refused but given a letter stating that they were applying for a waiver of inelligibilty like most on here and the same as I was granted before. When I login to the site https://ais.usvisa-info.com where I booked the appointment my curernt status still says 'Current Status: Appointment' depsite it being nearly 7 weeks ago. Is this correct as I was expecting that to change to something else now I've had my interview??

Thanks
Hi Georgey,

You are simply NOT reading the correct page.
Appointment mean - the info about your appointment especially when you click on the green "Continue" on the RHS.
Of course once you click over the Correct "Status" right above your DS-160 Status... you'll be redirected to the next page to fill up. Then you will see "Refused" until waiver is authorised.

That's it.
Old Sep 24th 2023, 10:28 pm
Just Joined

It has gone a bit quiet on Approvals? Has anyone had anything recently?
Old Sep 26th 2023, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

BigRedAnt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NYC1
It has gone a bit quiet on Approvals? Has anyone had anything recently?
Nothing yet - my interview was April 13th. was wondering if anyone with an April (or even March) interview have had the email yet?

Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.