Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Jul 25th 2023, 1:37 am
Just Joined

Sewfran is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I don't think it's the issuance, sounds to me like Sewfran is in Admin Processing. Sewfran, what does your online status say?
apologies if I have it wrong …… I received the email just over 7 weeks ago to submit passport for visa issuance. Online it says … administrative processing. It’s been saying that since June 13th. Passport arrived there week before that …
Old Jul 25th 2023, 1:39 am
Forum Regular

Ukexpat23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NYC1
Hi, have you had anything? My Appointment was day after your's.
nope. But only coming up to 4 months right. The website now says 6 months minimum so mentally I’ve prepared myself for at least that.

I actually need to apply for a B visa too (don’t want to always be tied down to the L visa as I may choose to leave the company). On the current timescales not looking likely until mid 2024!
Old Jul 25th 2023, 1:46 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sewfran
apologies if I have it wrong …… I received the email just over 7 weeks ago to submit passport for visa issuance. Online it says … administrative processing. It’s been saying that since June 13th. Passport arrived there week before that …
Ah, ok. That makes more sense, sorry to hear that but hope you get some positive news soon. If you're in AP I think you can ask for your passport back, a forum search should bring some info up.

Good luck.
Old Jul 25th 2023, 2:06 am
Just Joined

NYC1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ukexpat23
nope. But only coming up to 4 months right. The website now says 6 months minimum so mentally I’ve prepared myself for at least that.

I actually need to apply for a B visa too (don’t want to always be tied down to the L visa as I may choose to leave the company). On the current timescales not looking likely until mid 2024!
Yes just under 4 months. When we had our interviews, the CO stated 4 months to me at the embassy and also it stated that on the website. but yes it has changed. I was due to attend a wedding as a guest, but I had to pull out, luckily I didn't book anything, as I wasn't expecting this to take so long.
Old Jul 25th 2023, 2:22 am
Forum Regular

Ukexpat23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes just under 4 months. When we had our interviews, the CO stated 4 months to me at the embassy and also it stated that on the website. but yes it has changed. I was due to attend a wedding as a guest, but I had to pull out, luckily I didn't book anything, as I wasn't expecting this to take so long.
I was told 2 weeks, up to 2 months. Obviously they have no idea on this process! I too had some plans, but things have worked out otherwise. Only bummer for me is we’ve had to postpone our big Disney world holiday. I’m not even confident to book for next summer until i have the B visa in my hand.
Old Jul 25th 2023, 3:20 am
Just Joined

Sewfran is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah, ok. That makes more sense, sorry to hear that but hope you get some positive news soon. If you're in AP I think you can ask for your passport back, a forum search should bring some info up.

Good luck.
Thank you so much
I didn’t understand until now, so thank you for clarifying … I just ASSumed the visa was being issued as that’s what the email said

so I still possibly have a long wait ahead of me
Old Jul 25th 2023, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

usvisa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ukexpat23
I was told 2 weeks, up to 2 months. Obviously they have no idea on this process! I too had some plans, but things have worked out otherwise. Only bummer for me is we’ve had to postpone our big Disney world holiday. I’m not even confident to book for next summer until i have the B visa in my hand.
Don't worry guys. Most people get approve within 3-5 months.
I am probably the unluckiest one. At the interview the young officer said that everything looks fine and should take a month to receive the answer back from DHS.
More than 14 months later... still got nothing. I think they just have lost my case... somewhere.
That's not normal. I asked them three times about update and every time they are telling me that "application is subject to additional administrative processing".
I am so frustrated. I don't think I should ever receive an answer from DHS and seems I should reapply.
Old Jul 25th 2023, 10:28 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by usvisa
I am probably the unluckiest one. At the interview the young officer said that everything looks fine and should take a month to receive the answer back from DHS.
More than 14 months later... still got nothing. I think they just have lost my case... somewhere.
That's not normal. I asked them three times about update and every time they are telling me that "application is subject to additional administrative processing".
I am so frustrated. I don't think I should ever receive an answer from DHS and seems I should reapply.
Unfortunately, AP can be incredibly lengthy, there's no point in reapplying as then you'd just be back to square one with the same wait ahead of you. IIRC, you require a waiver for a different reason than most on this thread, so you can't really compare to most members as it'll be a different process for you.

Good luck, hope it's not too much longer.
Old Jul 25th 2023, 11:01 pm
Just Joined

NYC1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I truly feel for you, here's me stressing over having to wait 4 months, I can't imagine how you're feeling.....
Who would have thought that waiting for an email would be such a mental drain.
Old Jul 26th 2023, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

Unfortunately, AP can be incredibly lengthy, there's no point in reapplying as then you'd just be back to square one with the same wait ahead of you. IIRC, you require a waiver for a different reason than most on this thread, so you can't really compare to most members as it'll be a different process for you.

Good luck, hope it's not too much longer.
Thanks Christmas,
We've chat before. I never wouldn't have imagined I would wait for such long time. I can't figured out what they can possible check out about me or do with this AP... It's pure bureaucracy to me. At any port of entry authority can ran quick check on anyone for few minutes. For up to an hour they would know everything they need.
Reason for waiver is the simple B2 visa. Nothing complicated.
What is the longest wait time you have ever known someone have had experienced..? For non-immigrant waiver. I've heard 15 months... should I wait for years..??
Thank you once again.
Old Jul 26th 2023, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

I truly feel for you, here's me stressing over having to wait 4 months, I can't imagine how you're feeling.....
Who would have thought that waiting for an email would be such a mental drain.
Correct NYC1. I'm devastated, desperate and yeh... All plans were ruined few times already. Without any possibility to get any information or update. The helplessness is the most terrible situation they put you in. Don't know if you can get any result... or maybe you will never receive anything. What if they lost your application..?
It should be a tracking system, at least to give you some sense of security.
Old Jul 27th 2023, 8:12 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Thanks Christmas,
We've chat before. I never wouldn't have imagined I would wait for such long time. I can't figured out what they can possible check out about me or do with this AP... It's pure bureaucracy to me. At any port of entry authority can ran quick check on anyone for few minutes. For up to an hour they would know everything they need.
Reason for waiver is the simple B2 visa. Nothing complicated.
What is the longest wait time you have ever known someone have had experienced..? For non-immigrant waiver. I've heard 15 months... should I wait for years..??
Thank you once again.
I think I've seen a couple of years on this forum before, but it is unusual so hopefully you'll hear soon.

I know you are applying for B2 but it was the reason for the waiver I meant - most people on this thread will be applying because of a past criminal conviction (generally in the dim and distant past), but I thought yours was because of previous visa violations so the vetting process will be very different. But I may well have you mixed up with somebody else so apologies if so.
Old Jul 28th 2023, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

I think I've seen a couple of years on this forum before, but it is unusual so hopefully you'll hear soon.

I know you are applying for B2 but it was the reason for the waiver I meant - most people on this thread will be applying because of a past criminal conviction (generally in the dim and distant past), but I thought yours was because of previous visa violations so the vetting process will be very different. But I may well have you mixed up with somebody else so apologies if so.
Couple of years..?? Would you be more specific please... is it two or three...or hell even more. This is human cruelty. Back in the thread remember a US lawyer sharing memory of meeting with DHS (ex INS) showing them boxes filled of these doomed cases. Forgotten, misplaced, mishandled... telling them that they all simply going to the shredder. No one would bother to waste time even contacting the poor applicants. That's my nightmare. I've had experienced first hand the authorities various of mistakes in the past...
About applying again. Do you suggest that every new application cancels the previous one? Sorry, desperate logical thoughts of desperate person.
Appreciate your time.
Old Jul 28th 2023, 10:19 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Couple of years..?? Would you be more specific please... is it two or three...or hell even more. This is human cruelty. Back in the thread remember a US lawyer sharing memory of meeting with DHS (ex INS) showing them boxes filled of these doomed cases. Forgotten, misplaced, mishandled... telling them that they all simply going to the shredder. No one would bother to waste time even contacting the poor applicants. That's my nightmare. I've had experienced first hand the authorities various of mistakes in the past...
About applying again. Do you suggest that every new application cancels the previous one? Sorry, desperate logical thoughts of desperate person.
Appreciate your time.
I was that lawyer. The incident I referred to dealt with extension applications from people already in the US. Applications were filed in the local district offices and records were not computerized. Also, the various penalties for overstay had yet to be enacted. The applications were stale. This was over 35 years back.
Old Jul 28th 2023, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
I was that lawyer. The incident I referred to dealt with extension applications from people already in the US. Applications were filed in the local district offices and records were not computerized. Also, the various penalties for overstay had yet to be enacted. The applications were stale. This was over 35 years back.
Thanks Folinsky. Yes, that was you. Same principles. With people come mistakes, sometimes even negligence etc. I was issued two I-94 forms with of course two different numbers. I contacted INS immediately to let them know and ask them to cancel on of the cards. Being illegal to hold two such documents... Then later on I realised that even the info about my perfectly legal entries/departures were not correctly filed. Despite computerising system high tech. And on and on and on...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.