Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Aug 7th 2023, 5:23 am
Just Joined

BigRedAnt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Hi, has anyone who had an Interview in April had their email yet? Mine was 13th April, for a second waiver. I asked at the interview if having a previous waiver would speed things up, and the response was no...

Thanks
Old Aug 7th 2023, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

Ukexpat23 is an unknown quantity at this point

still waiting for mine. My interview was week before yours

Originally Posted by BigRedAnt
Hi, has anyone who had an Interview in April had their email yet? Mine was 13th April, for a second waiver. I asked at the interview if having a previous waiver would speed things up, and the response was no...

Thanks
Old Aug 7th 2023, 9:43 pm
Just Joined

Sewfran is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ukexpat23
mine was jan 24
I was asked to submit passport June 12 and it was sat in administrative processing for 7 weeks. Approved last Thursday and now been pass to the final stage and that could take god knows how long
Old Aug 7th 2023, 11:54 pm
Just Joined

NYC1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sewfran
mine was jan 24
I was asked to submit passport June 12 and it was sat in administrative processing for 7 weeks. Approved last Thursday and now been pass to the final stage and that could take god knows how long
Thats good news that it's been approved, hopefully it doesn't take too much longer to get back to you.
Old Aug 7th 2023, 11:56 pm
Just Joined

Yup, still waiting this end, keep thinking I've missed the email. I think we are now 18 weeks and counting....
Old Aug 7th 2023, 11:58 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by usvisa
Correct NYC1. I'm devastated, desperate and yeh... All plans were ruined few times already. Without any possibility to get any information or update. The helplessness is the most terrible situation they put you in. Don't know if you can get any result... or maybe you will never receive anything. What if they lost your application..?
It should be a tracking system, at least to give you some sense of security.
Any news your end? Have been keeping an eye to see if you finally had good news?
Old Aug 8th 2023, 12:20 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

mine was jan 24
Glad AP is over for you. If your status says 'issued', then it shouldn't take long at all. Mine turned to 'issued' on a Monday straight after my interview, and I had it delivered back by the courier on the Thursday of the same week. That was for an immigrant visa, but does seems to be fairly standard at the mo, London is pretty quick.
Old Aug 8th 2023, 1:38 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Glad AP is over for you. If your status says 'issued', then it shouldn't take long at all. Mine turned to 'issued' on a Monday straight after my interview, and I had it delivered back by the courier on the Thursday of the same week. That was for an immigrant visa, but does seems to be fairly standard at the mo, London is pretty quick.
thank you. It doesn’t say issued as yet. Still saying approved since last Thursday so I guess another waiting game. This week makes 8 weeks since they’ve had my passport

I try not to think about it or check every hour but it’s hard
Old Aug 8th 2023, 4:47 am
Just Joined

mine was jan 24
Thanks - so almost 5 months until you got the email
Old Aug 8th 2023, 4:49 am
Just Joined

thank you. It doesn’t say issued as yet. Still saying approved since last Thursday so I guess another waiting game. This week makes 8 weeks since they’ve had my passport

I try not to think about it or check every hour but it’s hard
that's a delay I wouldn't expect, I thought it was usually a pretty quick turnaround
Old Aug 8th 2023, 4:51 am
Just Joined

fingers crossed it is 5 months rather than the potential 9 it says on the website. I will update on here when the email comes
Old Aug 8th 2023, 6:33 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BigRedAnt
that's a delay I wouldn't expect, I thought it was usually a pretty quick turnaround
yea it’s a really long time to have someone’s passport

patience is a virtue I guess with a total of 8 months so far ….
Old Aug 8th 2023, 7:51 am
Just Joined

One quick question if someone could advise - i know you can check your visa status online, but it asks for a visa case number, and I don't have one - only a DS160 confirmation number.
Were you given a case number after the interview? All I received was a letter saying I was permanently ineligible, but that I was being recommended for a waiver. There was a reference number field at the top of the letter, but they hadn't filled that in.

thanks

Last edited by BigRedAnt; Aug 8th 2023 at 9:07 am.
Old Aug 9th 2023, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

usvisa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Wow, that is super impressive... almost surreal. Interview, approval, sending & receiving passport within a week. Are you relative to the consul? Sorry, just joking. Congratulations then!
I am sure you can easily win the lottery jackpot.
Old Aug 11th 2023, 6:02 am
Just Joined

So Update…. I received an email today to say my passport has been sent via DX… that’s 7 business days from when it was approved…

interview Jan 24th
submit passport June 12
just over 7 weeks in administrative processing…..
7 business days from approved to issued

now waiting for green light to collect

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.