Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Mar 11th 2023, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

usvisa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by Jo3ler
My passport was delivered to the US embassy on 22nd Feb, how long roughly does it take to get it back? I assumed within a couple of weeks which would be tomorrow.

Thanks!
Hi, how long took you from sending to receiving you passport back? Thanks
Old Mar 15th 2023, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

Rvee15 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by usvisa
Hi, how long took you from sending to receiving you passport back? Thanks
Any news for you?
Old Mar 15th 2023, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

usvisa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rvee15
Any news for you?
Please check out your private message box...
Old Mar 17th 2023, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

Jr1993 is an unknown quantity at this point

Any 2nd waiver approvals recently ? And if so when was your appointment ? Cheers !
Old Mar 23rd 2023, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

movida is an unknown quantity at this point

I've received my ACRO certificate back but it states 'no live trace'. I spoke to ACRO and they confirmed this is because the conviction was stepped down as it was a minor offence from 2006, so this step down took place 15 years after. The advisor sent me an email to give consent to share my specific conviction if the US embassy contacted them. I'm worried that if I book an appointment and go through all the fuss of it, they may turn me away and tell me to rebook to order a subject access request form as that will give the specific conviction. ACRO tell me that the embassy would normally email them and they'd get back within 24 hours, and I should take a 'sworn statement' clarifying what my conviction is (which the embassy would then verify).

Technically I have a 5 year old ACRO certificate that does have the conviction detail on, so can take that (and it also demonstrates why it's not appearing anymore as it was less than 15 years old when I requested it and now it's 17 years old). I'd hope this does the job but I don't know how strict they are and if a proper subject access form must be requested first (which will take a month). ACRO say no, this is common for US visa applications, take a sworn statement and the embassy will contact them to confirm the conviction stated is accurate. I just don't want to waste more time and money.

Any advice?
Old Mar 29th 2023, 12:32 pm
Just Joined

visa33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jr1993
Any 2nd waiver approvals recently ? And if so when was your appointment ? Cheers !
Hi Jr1993 did you receive any reply? When was your interview
Old Mar 29th 2023, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by visa33
Hi Jr1993 did you receive any reply? When was your interview
still waiting, appointment on 13th jan and was told 2 months wait when I was there
Old Mar 29th 2023, 1:40 pm
Just Joined

still waiting, appointment on 13th jan and was told 2 months wait when I was there
Thank you so much for the update. I am also waiting. I had my interview on 20th Jan.
Also, when I took update from consulate in feb and march. They mentioned its still pending. They will inform me as soon as they have more information. I think they are waiting for ARO's update
Old Apr 2nd 2023, 11:03 am
Just Joined

Hi Jr1993, Once you get an email may you please share here so that a timeline can be estimated
Old Apr 2nd 2023, 11:42 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jr1993, Once you get an email may you please share here so that a timeline can be estimated
Two points define a line. Once Jr1993 has a decision, the timeline is definite and need not be estimated.
Old Apr 2nd 2023, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

yep will update here when I get the email and then will provide details on how long for passport to be sent back as well 🫡
Old Apr 2nd 2023, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

movida is an unknown quantity at this point

I've filled all forms in today but the next London embassy appointment is late August, almost 5 months away which is ridiculous. Do more appointments come up, when is best to check? Also has anyone applied for a waiver of ineligibility recently and can confirm a timeline from the point of interview? This thread seems a bit dead only with people asking for timelines and no confirmation.
Old Apr 4th 2023, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

Rvee15 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just received an email to send passport off for visa issuance. Interview was June 6th 2022!
Anyone know roughly how long it takes to get passport back after sending for visa issuance?
Old Apr 4th 2023, 8:57 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rvee15
Just received an email to send passport off for visa issuance. Interview was June 6th 2022!
Anyone know roughly how long it takes to get passport back after sending for visa issuance?
congratulations.
Old Apr 4th 2023, 10:45 am
Just Joined

brit999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations. was this for 1st waiver?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.