Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Sep 27th 2023, 9:35 am
Just Joined

NYC1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Just had the magic email to submit passport!
April 5th interview at embassy
25 weeks for email to submit!

will update further when passport is returned.
Old Sep 27th 2023, 9:45 am
Just Joined

BigRedAnt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NYC1

Brilliant! I was the week after you, so hopefully mine is on its way too 👍
Old Sep 27th 2023, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

Ukexpat23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats! My appointment was day before yours, I'm still waiting. Mine was for an L1A and first waiver (though travelled on ESTA before multiple times)

Was yours first waiver? And what visa type was it? Just trying to gather all data points!

Old Sep 27th 2023, 12:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ukexpat23
Congrats! My appointment was day before yours, I'm still waiting. Mine was for an L1A and first waiver (though travelled on ESTA before multiple times)

Was yours first waiver? And what visa type was it? Just trying to gather all data points!
Thanks. Long painful wait, but buzzing I finally got it!
B1/B2 Visa 1st Waiver.

Just following the instructions now to send off passport - it'll be on the way tomorrow.
Old Sep 27th 2023, 12:25 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BigRedAnt
Brilliant! I was the week after you, so hopefully mine is on its way too 👍
Thanks pal. Hopefully you receive your's within the week!
Old Sep 27th 2023, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

out of interest, what does you status now say on the US Site:
https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker ? Does it still say refused or something else at this stage?

and what does the us visa info status say. Does it still say appointment?

Thanks. Long painful wait, but buzzing I finally got it!
B1/B2 Visa 1st Waiver.

Just following the instructions now to send off passport - it'll be on the way tomorrow.

Last edited by Ukexpat23; Sep 27th 2023 at 3:35 pm.
Old Sep 27th 2023, 3:39 pm
Just Joined

No idea, still can’t get into it! Was never resolved even after 2 emails.
Old Sep 27th 2023, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

No idea, still can’t get into it! Was never resolved even after 2 emails.
ah ok. Well my fear is always I miss the email as I get so many in junk and in normal emails so I periodically check the status as well. So would be interesting to know if the status changes once they send the email so that if one misses the email, can catch it on the status change.

oh well, wait continue for me! Mine was an L1A so not sure if that makes a diff.

this site is great though, keeps one sane knowing that people are getting replies from DHS!
Old Sep 29th 2023, 10:48 am
Just Joined

ah ok. Well my fear is always I miss the email as I get so many in junk and in normal emails so I periodically check the status as well. So would be interesting to know if the status changes once they send the email so that if one misses the email, can catch it on the status change.

oh well, wait continue for me! Mine was an L1A so not sure if that makes a diff.

this site is great though, keeps one sane knowing that people are getting replies from DHS!
I was the same, thought I missed the email.... Interestingly enough, when I got the magic email on Wednesday I actually received 2 at the same time stating the same request.

You have the option if needed, to create a new email account and update the email address on ais.visa so the only emails that would come through to it would be from [email protected] - Which is where every email comes from, even the DX tracking update information - which I got this morning.
Old Sep 29th 2023, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

I was the same, thought I missed the email.... Interestingly enough, when I got the magic email on Wednesday I actually received 2 at the same time stating the same request.

You have the option if needed, to create a new email account and update the email address on ais.visa so the only emails that would come through to it would be from [email protected] - Which is where every email comes from, even the DX tracking update information - which I got this morning.
Thanks for the tip! Well if the email comes from usvisa-info.com, I searched all my emails and definitely don't have anything from them (in case it went to junk). So I don't think I've received it yet. Will carry on waiting!
Old Sep 29th 2023, 11:22 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the tip! Well if the email comes from usvisa-info.com, I searched all my emails and definitely don't have anything from them (in case it went to junk). So I don't think I've received it yet. Will carry on waiting!
I also noticed that as soon as I received my email to submit passport my ais.visa page instantly changed to send documents with a button to continue.
Old Sep 29th 2023, 5:31 pm
Just Joined

McMullen is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know for certain, if the US government goes into a state of shut down as they are talking about, will this impact the processing of I-212 waivers?
I found online it'll impact the accepting of I-192's, but wonder if it'll impact the Non Immigrant Waiver processing times.
Old Sep 29th 2023, 8:22 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by McMullen
Does anyone know for certain, if the US government goes into a state of shut down as they are talking about, will this impact the processing of I-212 waivers?
I found online it'll impact the accepting of I-192's, but wonder if it'll impact the Non Immigrant Waiver processing times.
they close national parks for citizens so I assume waivers for aliens are a lower priority that that…

that said visas are meant to be funded by the fee revenue not tax , so maybe they are treated differently..

Last edited by tht; Sep 29th 2023 at 9:16 pm.
Old Oct 2nd 2023, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

Georgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by usvisa
Hi Georgey,

You are simply NOT reading the correct page.
Appointment mean - the info about your appointment especially when you click on the green "Continue" on the RHS.
Of course once you click over the Correct "Status" right above your DS-160 Status... you'll be redirected to the next page to fill up. Then you will see "Refused" until waiver is authorised.

That's it.
Thank you for this. Now at least I'm checking in the right place, on the downside though it still says refused however I am only 2 months on from interview. Have a US trip booked for the 21st March next year so really hoping I get lucky!
Old Oct 3rd 2023, 11:36 am
Just Joined

Visawaiver23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi just an update on my process
embassy appointment 24th march 2023
request for passport 15th september
dropped to courier 19th September
embassy received 21st September
passport delivered today 3rd October
5 years B1/B2 issued
good luck to all I did pay for the premium delivery and would recommend

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.