Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Oct 3rd 2023, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

Ukexpat23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by Visawaiver23
Hi just an update on my process
embassy appointment 24th march 2023
request for passport 15th september
dropped to courier 19th September
embassy received 21st September
passport delivered today 3rd October
5 years B1/B2 issued
good luck to all I did pay for the premium delivery and would recommend
congrats! Not bad in terms of timelines. Was this your first waiver?
Old Oct 3rd 2023, 11:56 am
Just Joined

Visawaiver23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes first ever
Old Oct 3rd 2023, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

cool. First waiver here too but I'm going for an L1A, and it seems to be taking a bit longer for me compared to some B1/2's that seem to be coming through.
Old Oct 3rd 2023, 12:00 pm
Just Joined

Visawaiver23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck I hope you don’t have to wait too long
Old Oct 13th 2023, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

Received the email today! Interview on 4th April, so 192 days after the interview I got the email. 3 emails received and said I have to send documents within 30 days. I'm travelling abroad next week so I can't send right away.

I'm a bit confused though. The email says:
"A U.S. Department of State Consulate officer located in London has indicated that additional documents are required for <name>Please log into your user account at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/niv/account and follow the system instructions to generate instructions on how to send Visa application documents to the U.S. consulate.

Processor comments
Please submit passport for visa issuance
Please note that you have 30 days from today in which to resubmit your passport. If your passport is not received within this time your application will experience even further delays
You are NOT required to submit any other additional supporting documents"

So do I only need to send the passport?

When I read up on the printed instructions, it says:
"Applicants who have received a 221g letter, please refer to the list of documents requested by the consulate."

Where is this list of documents?

Old Oct 13th 2023, 9:18 am
Just Joined

NYC1 is an unknown quantity at this point

GREAT NEWS! Congrats you only have to send your passport, you’ll have to log into ais.visa and get the instructions as you’ll have to pop one of the sheet into the envelope with you passport.
Old Oct 13th 2023, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NYC1
GREAT NEWS! Congrats you only have to send your passport, you’ll have to log into ais.visa and get the instructions as you’ll have to pop one of the sheet into the envelope with you passport.
Thanks! Just want to make sure I don't mess up lol.

Do DX provide the envelope or do you take it to DX all enveloped up?

Have you got your passport back btw? If so, would be interested to know how long it took and how long a visa you got.

Rubbish thing for me is that I actually don't need the L1A anymore (decided against moving to the US) so I'll need to apply for a B1 before I can travel. But it's good to get the waiver sorted so hopefully will get it again for the B1. If I could somehow get to the US for next summer holidays I'd be over the moon.
Old Oct 13th 2023, 9:53 am
Just Joined

BigRedAnt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ukexpat23
Received the email today! Interview on 4th April, so 192 days after the interview I got the email. 3 emails received and said I have to send documents within 30 days. I'm travelling abroad next week so I can't send right away.
Brilliant news, great to see the April interviews starting to come through!
Old Oct 13th 2023, 11:27 am
Just Joined

Yes, they provide a bag, but I popped mine into a envelope and then into the bag
Old Oct 13th 2023, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BigRedAnt
Brilliant news, great to see the April interviews starting to come through!
Hopefully you'll get yours soon as you were just after me!

For the life of me don't understand how it works though. NYC1 was a day or two after me, and had his response two weeks before me! Maybe visa type, maybe other details...

For those interested and for my own records in the future. On the day you get the email:
- Visa status on the official US visa status website remains refused
- Visa status on the us visa-info changes from "Appointment" to "Send Documents"
Old Oct 13th 2023, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

BigRedAnt is an unknown quantity at this point

Hopefully you'll get yours soon as you were just after me!

For the life of me don't understand how it works though. NYC1 was a day or two after me, and had his response two weeks before me! Maybe visa type, maybe other details...

For those interested and for my own records in the future. On the day you get the email:
- Visa status on the official US visa status website remains refused
- Visa status on the us visa-info changes from "Appointment" to "Send Documents"
Finger's crossed - and thanks! This is my second waiver, so I hoped it might be a bit quicker than someone's first, but obviously not 😀
Old Oct 13th 2023, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

Oh quick question. Do you not need to send a picture with the passport? If not, why not because they ask you to bring one to the interview at the consulate?
Old Oct 13th 2023, 5:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks! Just want to make sure I don't mess up lol.

Do DX provide the envelope or do you take it to DX all enveloped up?

Have you got your passport back btw? If so, would be interested to know how long it took and how long a visa you got.

Rubbish thing for me is that I actually don't need the L1A anymore (decided against moving to the US) so I'll need to apply for a B1 before I can travel. But it's good to get the waiver sorted so hopefully will get it again for the B1. If I could somehow get to the US for next summer holidays I'd be over the moon.
If you don't need the L1 visa then why are you sending your passport in? I wouldn't bother personally, I'd just withdraw the app in case it complicates matters for other applications further down the line.

Would recommend you apply for your B visa asap if you want that, it's still a 3-4 month wait for an appointment and it'll usually take the same length of time for a new waiver so best get cracking.
Old Oct 13th 2023, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
If you don't need the L1 visa then why are you sending your passport in? I wouldn't bother personally, I'd just withdraw the app in case it complicates matters for other applications further down the line.

Would recommend you apply for your B visa asap if you want that, it's still a 3-4 month wait for an appointment and it'll usually take the same length of time for a new waiver so best get cracking.
yep going to start on the B visa right away.

one of the reasons I waited for the waiver to come through for the L1 before starting the B visa is someone on here said if they give you one year on your first waiver, chances are you get more on your second waiver.

is there really a chance of complication if I keep both visas? I have read you can have more than one visa in place. I could technically still move on the L1, the delay has just put me off and I have other opportunities work wise now in the UK.
Old Oct 16th 2023, 2:34 pm
Just Joined

Passport is back!

Here is a rundown of my journey:

Interview at embassy: 5 April 23
Email to submit passport: 27 September 23
Embassy received passport :29 September 23
passport delivered: 16 October 23

5 year visa issued for a 1st waiver.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.