Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Oct 16th 2023, 4:08 pm
Just Joined

BigRedAnt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by NYC1
Passport is back!

Here is a rundown of my journey:

Interview at embassy: 5 April 23
Email to submit passport: 27 September 23
Embassy received passport :29 September 23
passport delivered: 16 October 23

5 year visa issued for a 1st waiver.
Great news! Thanks for keeping us updated with the timelines!
Old Oct 16th 2023, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

Ukexpat23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NYC1
Passport is back!

Here is a rundown of my journey:

Interview at embassy: 5 April 23
Email to submit passport: 27 September 23
Embassy received passport :29 September 23
passport delivered: 16 October 23

5 year visa issued for a 1st waiver.
congrats! Enjoy your trip to the US!

I've just started the whole process again for the B1/B2. DS160 completed, interview scheduled. Couldn't get one until mid-Feb (!) in London, but managed to snag one of mid-Nov in Belfast.
Old Oct 17th 2023, 5:13 pm
Just Joined

McMullen is an unknown quantity at this point

Wanted to share I received my email last week, October 12th, interview was on April 24th, total wait time 171 days.
Old Oct 17th 2023, 7:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by McMullen
Wanted to share I received my email last week, October 12th, interview was on April 24th, total wait time 171 days.
Thanks for letting us know, and congratulations! I'm still waiting, interview April 13th, so not necessarily done by date unfortunately.
Old Oct 17th 2023, 7:50 pm
Just Joined

McMullen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ukexpat23
congrats! Enjoy your trip to the US!

I've just started the whole process again for the B1/B2. DS160 completed, interview scheduled. Couldn't get one until mid-Feb (!) in London, but managed to snag one of mid-Nov in Belfast.
Have you explored the potential of adjusting status of your approved L1 to a B1/B2 visa? I'm on an E3 visa and my employment comes to its end December 31st, my attorney will then adjust my status to a B-status visa which they've advised will take ~45 days, to prevent having to go through the entire waiver circus once more. Not sure how this works with the L-status visas but wanted to share this thought if it'd be possible for you as well.
Old Oct 17th 2023, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

Have you explored the potential of adjusting status of your approved L1 to a B1/B2 visa? I'm on an E3 visa and my employment comes to its end December 31st, my attorney will then adjust my status to a B-status visa which they've advised will take ~45 days, to prevent having to go through the entire waiver circus once more. Not sure how this works with the L-status visas but wanted to share this thought if it'd be possible for you as well.
that is an excellent suggestion if it works. How do I do that? What form is it?
Old Oct 17th 2023, 8:57 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ukexpat23
that is an excellent suggestion if it works. How do I do that? What form is it?
You'd need to be in the US already on your L1 status I believe, so it only works if you do move and take the job up - https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/...uides/C2en.pdf

Old Oct 17th 2023, 10:00 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

I assume you mean apply to adjust… as with a visa application or presenting to CBP to request entry nothing is ever certain until you USC or a resident Green card holder…
Old Oct 20th 2023, 8:53 pm
Just Joined

Natfar is an unknown quantity at this point

Interview 27th sept hoping to travel 15th April! Reading through the thread it’s looking unlikely
Old Oct 20th 2023, 9:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Natfar
Interview 27th sept hoping to travel 15th April! Reading through the thread it’s looking unlikely
Unlikely with current wait times, but not impossible. Just don't set your heart on it, and if it comes it's a bonus.
My interview was 13th April, still waiting for the magic email.
Old Oct 21st 2023, 7:38 am
Just Joined

Natfar is an unknown quantity at this point

So frustrating when I started the process in January the website said 4-6 months wait by the time I attended my interview it had changed to 8 months all the money paid out on the process with travel to london etc I wouldn’t have bothered if I had known.

really sad as it’s not just affecting me the waiting my daughter is compeating at the world championships in Orlando and I’m probably not going to make it now.

feeling a bit gutted to be honest
Old Oct 21st 2023, 8:02 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Natfar
So frustrating when I started the process in January the website said 4-6 months wait by the time I attended my interview it had changed to 8 months all the money paid out on the process with travel to london etc I wouldn’t have bothered if I had known.

really sad as it’s not just affecting me the waiting my daughter is compeating at the world championships in Orlando and I’m probably not going to make it now.

feeling a bit gutted to be honest
Yeah that's frustrating, but you may get one for 5 years so there may be other opportunitues.
This is my second waiver, first one took around 5 months. We were planning New York for my wife's birthday early November, but that isn't going to happen now.
lesson learned for me - make sure appointment is a year before previous waiver expires
Old Oct 30th 2023, 10:38 am
Just Joined

Hi All, Is anyone else still waiting for the email following an interview in April? I'm well over 6 months now. Thanks
Old Oct 31st 2023, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

Journey so far. Still awaiting visa to be issued and passport passport but here is the history of the status changes in case it's useful for anyone:

Interview at embassy: 3 April 23 (recommended for waiver (first one))
CEAC status changed to Refused (AIS status remains as "Appointment"): 4 Apr 23
Email to submit passport (and AIS status changed to "Send Documents"): 13 October 23 (193 days)
Dropped off passport at DX: Weds 25 October 23
Embassy received passport: Fri 27 October 23
CEAC status changed to Approved: Mon 30 October 23

Good luck for those still waiting. Mine took over 6 months to get the email and I think it only got busier after April so hang in there!

Old Nov 1st 2023, 7:38 am
Just Joined

Thanks, I'm hanging on! 209 days so far, second waiver. Keep worrying I've missed the email, but the Visa Status page hasn't updated, so I think not.
Hopefully it wont be long!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.