Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Mar 18th 2024, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

Georgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by Ukexpat23
I think if you were going to get notice by today it would’ve come by now I’m afraid. Maybe tomorrow or Wednesday but sounds like that’ll be too late ☹️.
Ah ok, do notifications of shipping usually come in the morning then?
Old Mar 18th 2024, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

Ukexpat23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Georgey38
Ah ok, do notifications of shipping usually come in the morning then?
ah sorry got confused with the email which comes in the morning invariably. The DX could come later I guess. Hope it does. So close now!
Old Mar 18th 2024, 5:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

No it changed to 'Approved' on the 6th March, 12 days (8 working days) ago and has been stuck on that since. If I don't get the shipping notice today then travl on Wednesday is gone I'm afriad. So frustrating!!
If it still says it's 'approved', then the visa hasn't even been printed yet, so not sure it's looking likely unfortunately. Is this for a family holiday, can you get a later flight to join them maybe?

FWIW, I've just checked and I received the notification from DX late in the day that our passports were on the way back with visas in (I assume when they collected them from the consulate) - then they arrived the following day.
Old Mar 18th 2024, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

Georgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond repute

Unbelievably, my status changed to 'Issued' at 4.50pm tonight and I received my tracking number at 5.07pm which stated my passport will be delivered tomorrow! Literally, a day before I fly, so, so happy.

Thank you to all on this group who have taken the time to reply and post on their own situations which was a big help to me. I'll leave the Google sheet open so people can continue to use and populate with more data so forum users will have some idea of how long things are taking.

Cheers everyone!
Old Mar 18th 2024, 6:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Unbelievably, my status changed to 'Issued' at 4.50pm tonight and I received my tracking number at 5.07pm which stated my passport will be delivered tomorrow! Literally, a day before I fly, so, so happy.

Thank you to all on this group who have taken the time to reply and post on their own situations which was a big help to me. I'll leave the Google sheet open so people can continue to use and populate with more data so forum users will have some idea of how long things are taking.

Cheers everyone!
Hurrah!! Don't leave your front door tomorrow, pounce on that courier!

Have a great trip.
Old Mar 18th 2024, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

Absolutely zero
chance of me leaving the house tomorrow!
Old Mar 19th 2024, 9:23 am
Just Joined

Tuatara is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers everyone!
Congrats! That's cutting it fine for sure, but very good news all the same. Out of interest, did you get taken in for secondary processing on arrival in the US for your first visa? From the looks of it this always happens but want to be sure.
Old Mar 19th 2024, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tuatara
Congrats! That's cutting it fine for sure, but very good news all the same. Out of interest, did you get taken in for secondary processing on arrival in the US for your first visa? From the looks of it this always happens but want to be sure.
Yes, the guy that checked my passport took me off to a different room where I waited to be called up to a desk and they literally just gave me my passport back and said I could go. A bit nervy as I didnt know that would happen but there was no issue and I went on my way after about 20 minutes.
Old Mar 19th 2024, 9:54 am
Just Joined

Natfar is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers everyone!

Ahhh brilliant news! Have a great trip!
Old Mar 19th 2024, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

Cheers everyone!
LOL! That is absolutely unbelievable. Wow, so happy for you man.
Old Mar 19th 2024, 1:45 pm
Just Joined

jbsos is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
You do have the right to get it back, and can request that.

Does your status say issued now? Fingers tightly crossed for you.
How do you request your passport back please?
Old Mar 19th 2024, 2:39 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

That's a good idea, link is attached here for anyone who wants to take a look and also add in dates from other sites they may have gotten information from regarding peoples turnaround dates, would be good to get some other June / July / August data down here so people can start to see a how close they may be.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Mild suggestion - the chart covers only approvals. Perhaps information on denials should be added. This data might also include administrative appeals.
Old Mar 26th 2024, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

Finally just had my email, interview 18th of August 2023, so 221 days.

My fourth waiver, and by quite some distance my longest ever wait.

Congrats to Georgy btw, what a stroke of luck.
Old Mar 26th 2024, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shiversaint

congrats! Based on the current timelines my trip to Florida at the end of July is going to be very tight! Keep us posted on passport delivery times too if you could please
Old Mar 27th 2024, 7:56 am
Just Joined

Natfar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shiversaint

ahhh brilliant news. I’ve decided not to travel now on the 12th April my interview was 27th sept so I’ve given up and told my daughter I’m not going to make her world championship competition. But good news is it should definitely be here for next years 🤣

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.