Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Feb 13th 2024, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

Georgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by Tambling
Hi, applied for my second B1 waiver in February 2023, got interview 5th July 2023, given white letter ticking 221 review. Got email to send passport on the 26th of January 2024. Dropped off at DX same day and received email to collect on the 2nd of February 2024. Collected on the 6th. Another 5 years granted. 2 weeks less of a year from start of application to finish. 7 months exactly after interview. Good luck everyone.
So that makes 29 weeks from date of interview to email to send passport. My interview for my second B1 VISA was 3rd August so hoping to get similar timeline to you which should make my travel on 20th March just about ok!
Old Feb 16th 2024, 4:20 pm
Just Joined

Disneyfan1952 is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone who had an interview in August heard yet?
Old Feb 16th 2024, 5:07 pm
Just Joined

Tuatara is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine was 8th of Aug.
Georgey38 above was the 3rd of Aug.
I'll certainly post here as soon as I get an update on my application.

Last edited by Tuatara; Feb 16th 2024 at 5:12 pm.
Old Feb 16th 2024, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Tuatara
Mine was 8th of Aug.
Our family member was August 16th. At least we can keep each other updated.
Old Feb 17th 2024, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

usvisa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by waitinggame24
Further evidence requested at interview was an up to date UK police cert - which is clear, no convictions and forwarded on. Im wondering if everyone has a wait of around the 6 month mark will it begin from date of the interview or when they received the docs. Have had 2 previous B1's which literally took days/weeks from Belfast, hadn't a clue this would take so long and eager to know either way.
It's all starts with an interview. I don't know what documents are you talking about... before the interview..? Have you been on Visa Waiver (so called drop box)..? Not clear to me.
But it doesn't matter after all. You count since interview.
My best wishes for quick success.
Old Feb 17th 2024, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

usvisa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
It was a long time ago but usvisa's case is an unusually complex one. Top tip, if you click on a username you can see all their previous posts on the drop down menu, so that'll give you the background info.

HTH.
Thanks Christmas
Old Feb 19th 2024, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

Georgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tuatara
Mine was 8th of Aug.
As Tuatara mentions, as soon as I hear anything then I'll update. Travelling in just over 4 weeks so chances of that happening now are getting slimmer!
Old Feb 19th 2024, 9:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Georgey38
As Tuatara mentions, as soon as I hear anything then I'll update. Travelling in just over 4 weeks so chances of that happening now are getting slimmer!
Same here for my family member. Have you paid for the quick return? I think that takes around a week or 10 days? Not 100% sure. We’ve decided we will wait for 7 days and then cancel him and his park tickets if it doesn’t come back. Ours was a rearranged one from Covid and his visa runs out this month and he never got to use it. His interview was August like you so still hoping as only just hit the 6 month mark.
Old Feb 19th 2024, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

Ukexpat23 is an unknown quantity at this point

I’d expect to start seeing progress on the 7 month mark based on some post I’ve seen recently. But then it can be a couple of weeks to get the passport back. Nearly there hopefully though appreciate its a tight one in terms of timelines for you both! I’m in similar place for my august trip
Old Feb 20th 2024, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Disneyfan1952
Same here for my family member. Have you paid for the quick return? I think that takes around a week or 10 days? Not 100% sure. We’ve decided we will wait for 7 days and then cancel him and his park tickets if it doesn’t come back. Ours was a rearranged one from Covid and his visa runs out this month and he never got to use it. His interview was August like you so still hoping as only just hit the 6 month mark.
Yes I paid for the premium return service so fingers crossed. Is anyone aware if there's a contact numebr or email address or even who the best people to speak to are that I can call regarding the application? I know that it states they won't discuss but I seem to recall in my last application speaking to someone who was actually really helpful and was able to advise on where they were roughly in processing the applications?
Old Feb 21st 2024, 5:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

18th August here, nothing happened yet.
Old Feb 21st 2024, 7:42 pm
Just Joined

Yes I paid for the premium return service so fingers crossed. Is anyone aware if there's a contact numebr or email address or even who the best people to speak to are that I can call regarding the application? I know that it states they won't discuss but I seem to recall in my last application speaking to someone who was actually really helpful and was able to advise on where they were roughly in processing the applications?
Not aware of anything like this. I hope some August people start to hear soon. I expect we might hear some updates the first week of March as looking back at other updates and a lot seem to come through around the first week.
Old Feb 26th 2024, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

Thought this may be helpful for those of us that are still waiting. I've pulled together the average times of people in the last year receving their B1/B2 VISA's:

Old Feb 27th 2024, 2:55 am
LT1
Forum Regular

LT1 has a reputation beyond reputeLT1 has a reputation beyond reputeLT1 has a reputation beyond reputeLT1 has a reputation beyond reputeLT1 has a reputation beyond reputeLT1 has a reputation beyond reputeLT1 has a reputation beyond reputeLT1 has a reputation beyond reputeLT1 has a reputation beyond reputeLT1 has a reputation beyond reputeLT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Good job Georgey38 ! I have no skin/involvement in this thread, but perhaps putting that data as a linked Google Sheet and asking folks to update as they have updates could be really helpful for all involved in this process?
Old Feb 27th 2024, 5:51 am
Just Joined

Thought this may be helpful for those of us that are still waiting. I've pulled together the average times of people in the last year receving their B1/B2 VISA's:

Thanks for this. Does seem from other pages I have read most people hear at the end of the month or near the start. I hope the July/August people hear this week or next.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.