Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Wikiposts

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Jan 30th 2024, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

Georgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by Tuatara
I'll be watching this as my situation is similar to yours (2nd application, 9th August interview).
Expect to hear at the end of Feb or early March given the timeframes posted by others.
Agree. Really hoping to hear by latest early March as have a US Florida trip with the family booked for 20th March so it's going to be relly tight!! My last VISA process took 3 months but this time it's taken an age. Document given to me on the day said the ait time is approx 6 months bt most people receving right now it's taken just over 7 so going to be really close.
Old Jan 30th 2024, 11:56 pm
Just Joined

Tuatara is an unknown quantity at this point

My last first application took ~25 weeks to process; from a November 2015 interview to receiving my email in April 2016.
I had assumed the process was quicker back then but looking back it really wasn't much.
Old Jan 31st 2024, 9:04 am
Just Joined

waitinggame24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Also waiting.... Applied, docs sent in 4 April 2023 and got email to schedule interview in August, interview then on Sept 12th. This is for an E1 visa. Have had two previous B1 visas - no issue. Then had to send further evidence - which was sent middle Oct. My question is when does the clock start ticking...... had thought perhaps might hear March/April??

Also thought previous b1's would make this easier - not the case. Any thoughts welcome!!
Old Feb 3rd 2024, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

usvisa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

After months of no change of the status of my waiver application on ceac.state.gov site status was updated. Under "refused" which will stay until passport is requested and visa issued now they have added. Case Last Updated: 30-Jan-2024
Fine, but I haven't received any email from the embassy consulate. What this might be? Any ideas?
Thank you.
Old Feb 5th 2024, 9:25 am
Just Joined

Disneyfan1952 is an unknown quantity at this point

How long did it take for you to get your passport back after sending it off for your visa? Our family member said they have opted for the fastest delivery.

Had the interview August 16th and still waiting to hear. Does it always seem to be the beginning of the month when people hear? Heard of some people who had their interviews in July getting their responses today.

Hoping to get my dad’s back for March 23rd. Feel for him he’s mid 70s (never went to jail but got into some trouble with he was 18) and didn’t get to use his last one due to Covid and it expired this month. It was rescheduled after Covid so hoping it comes in time.

Would be great to hear other updates.
Old Feb 5th 2024, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

Ukexpat23 is an unknown quantity at this point

So @Disneyfan1952 and @waitinggame24, looks like you're still less than 6 months in. So I'd imagine you'd only start hearing back 6-7 months in. Hopefully we'll start hearing some positive responses soon for people waiting who applied in the summer! It feels long when waiting (I'm waiting for mine from November) and almost kills any excitement for the trip! But alas, this is the process, hang in there! Hopefully should be hearing back within the next month or so.
Old Feb 6th 2024, 6:14 pm
Just Joined

Natfar is an unknown quantity at this point

Still waiting very patiently here. Interview sept 27th really hoping to travel April 16thish. Daughter competing at the all star world cheerleading championships on April 20th I’ll be gutted if I don’t make it but hey hoe! Kicking myself for not applying earlier but the website said the wait was 4 months when I initially applied back at the begging of last year. Fingers crossed for everyone!
Old Feb 7th 2024, 5:50 am
Forum Regular

Georgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by usvisa
Hi everyone,

After months of no change of the status of my waiver application on ceac.state.gov site status was updated. Under "refused" which will stay until passport is requested and visa issued now they have added. Case Last Updated: 30-Jan-2024
Fine, but I haven't received any email from the embassy consulate. What this might be? Any ideas?
Thank you.
I cant help with your questions sorry but I hope you wont mind me asking a question of when your VISA interview was? Thanks
Old Feb 7th 2024, 6:12 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Georgey38
I cant help with your questions sorry but I hope you wont mind me asking a question of when your VISA interview was? Thanks
It was a long time ago but usvisa's case is an unusually complex one. Top tip, if you click on a username you can see all their previous posts on the drop down menu, so that'll give you the background info.

HTH.
Old Feb 7th 2024, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Georgey38
Sure, no problem. May 2022.
Old Feb 7th 2024, 6:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by waitinggame24
Hi all,

Also waiting.... Applied, docs sent in 4 April 2023 and got email to schedule interview in August, interview then on Sept 12th. This is for an E1 visa. Have had two previous B1 visas - no issue. Then had to send further evidence - which was sent middle Oct. My question is when does the clock start ticking...... had thought perhaps might hear March/April??

Also thought previous b1's would make this easier - not the case. Any thoughts welcome!!
Sorry, but it is little bit confusing. What documents are you talking about? Clock starts with your interview. Why they need more evidences? Something is not clear. But you are the only one who knows.
Old Feb 10th 2024, 5:29 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Natfar
Still waiting very patiently here. Interview sept 27th really hoping to travel April 16thish. Daughter competing at the all star world cheerleading championships on April 20th I’ll be gutted if I don’t make it but hey hoe! Kicking myself for not applying earlier but the website said the wait was 4 months when I initially applied back at the begging of last year. Fingers crossed for everyone!
Hope you get it sorted. My dad was August so hoping to hear soon too as we travel in March. Will update once we do.
Old Feb 11th 2024, 7:17 am
Just Joined

waitinggame24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by usvisa
Sorry, but it is little bit confusing. What documents are you talking about? Clock starts with your interview. Why they need more evidences? Something is not clear. But you are the only one who knows.
Further evidence requested at interview was an up to date UK police cert - which is clear, no convictions and forwarded on. Im wondering if everyone has a wait of around the 6 month mark will it begin from date of the interview or when they received the docs. Have had 2 previous B1's which literally took days/weeks from Belfast, hadn't a clue this would take so long and eager to know either way.
Old Feb 11th 2024, 10:25 am
Just Joined

Tambling is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, applied for my second B1 waiver in February 2023, got interview 5th July 2023, given white letter ticking 221 review. Got email to send passport on the 26th of January 2024. Dropped off at DX same day and received email to collect on the 2nd of February 2024. Collected on the 6th. Another 5 years granted. 2 weeks less of a year from start of application to finish. 7 months exactly after interview. Good luck everyone.
Old Feb 11th 2024, 6:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Tambling
Hi, applied for my second B1 waiver in February 2023, got interview 5th July 2023, given white letter ticking 221 review. Got email to send passport on the 26th of January 2024. Dropped off at DX same day and received email to collect on the 2nd of February 2024. Collected on the 6th. Another 5 years granted. 2 weeks less of a year from start of application to finish. 7 months exactly after interview. Good luck everyone.
Thanks for the update and enjoy your visit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.