Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Jun 18th 2024, 4:09 am
Just Joined

joolsjools is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by coatinginspection
Thanks, good luck. It was quite a surprise as I wasn't recommended for a WoI during the interview and hadn't received any communication since that indicated this.
Out of interest, what time did you receive your email?
Old Jun 18th 2024, 5:00 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ukexpat23
well we do have 4th July coming up…
And Juneteenth tomorrow, I assume they'll be closed then.
Old Jun 18th 2024, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

coatinginspection is just really nicecoatinginspection is just really nicecoatinginspection is just really nicecoatinginspection is just really nicecoatinginspection is just really nicecoatinginspection is just really nicecoatinginspection is just really nicecoatinginspection is just really nice

Originally Posted by joolsjools
Out of interest, what time did you receive your email?
Approx. 10am.
Old Jun 19th 2024, 3:12 am
Just Joined

Approx. 10am.
Thanks - maybe tomorrow will be my lucky day.
Old Jun 20th 2024, 4:46 am
Just Joined

Thanks - maybe tomorrow will be my lucky day.
Nothing today :-(
Old Jun 20th 2024, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

Ukexpat23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nothing today :-(
there is no logic to this all! I got my first waiver several days after someone who had the interview a day after me. I got my waiver on a Friday late afternoon so fingers crossed for you
Old Jun 23rd 2024, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

coatinginspection is just really nicecoatinginspection is just really nicecoatinginspection is just really nicecoatinginspection is just really nicecoatinginspection is just really nicecoatinginspection is just really nicecoatinginspection is just really nicecoatinginspection is just really nice

I doubt it's as straightforward as they work through cases in sequence per embassy.

Also, I won't be sending my passport in within the 30 day notification, I've spoken with the embassy on that since I already had travel plans.
Old Jun 24th 2024, 1:58 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ukexpat23
there is no logic to this all! I got my first waiver several days after someone who had the interview a day after me. I got my waiver on a Friday late afternoon so fingers crossed for you
Do not assume a precise correlation. Rather, assume a rough correlation. The Admissibility Review Office has multiple adjudicators and they handle applications from all over the world.
Old Jun 24th 2024, 7:00 am
Just Joined

Wales44 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, interview date 17/10/23. Received e-mail today, 18/06/24 that I should send my passport within 30 days.

I noticed a page or so back some asking if about Waivers being unsuccessful. Well I had a WoI declined by DHS in 2017 (appointment in May 2017, declined about 6 months later).
Did you get recommended for a waiver from the consular officer? Was your issue close to the date when you first applied? Meaning not much time had elapsed from you applying to get a WoI.

Old Jun 25th 2024, 2:31 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wales44
Did you get recommended for a waiver from the consular officer? Was your issue close to the date when you first applied? Meaning not much time had elapsed from you applying to get a WoI.
The waiver request does not go the CBP ARO absent a recommendation from the Consul. Take a look at section 212(d)(3) of the Immigration & Nationality Act.
Old Jun 25th 2024, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

Hello, it was slightly over 3 years between end of sentence and applying. Waiver was recommended by embassy but denied by DHS.
Old Jun 25th 2024, 8:42 am
BE Commentator

my reflections on the waiver processing. The DHLS should allow the consular officers to issue waivers based on the criteria agreed between the two departments. This would reduce the burden on the team in Washington and most people in this thread have obtained their visas. Without knowing each circumstance it’s difficult to judge but I guess certain criteria could allow the consular to issue a waiver.. probably constitutional reasons prevent this. But I would pay for expedited response.
My case started in Feb 24, I’m hopeful that the 4 to 6 months quoted by the Dublin consulate is going to happen, however based on the average it looks more like 8 months! So November it is maybe
First, what does DHLS stand for? Never heard of them. It should be noted that action 212(d)(3) of the Immigration & Nationality Act provides the consular office primary authority to make the initial determination on the waiver. If the decision is to grant, a recommendation is then made to DHS for approval. (Note the statutory language references the Attorney General. The 2002 creation of Homeland Security transferred that authority). IOW, it would require an Act of Congress to adopt your suggestion.
Old Jun 25th 2024, 8:49 am
Just Joined

Wales44 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
First, what does DHLS stand for? Never heard of them. It should be noted that action 212(d)(3) of the Immigration & Nationality Act provides the consular office primary authority to make the initial determination on the waiver. If the decision is to grant, a recommendation is then made to DHS for approval. (Note the statutory language references the Attorney General. The 2002 creation of Homeland Security transferred that authority). IOW, it would require an Act of Congress to adopt your suggestion.
DHS I mean not DHLS! I doubt anyone would put forward this suggestion to congress… It’s a waiting game I guess. Shame it takes so long! There must be millions of applications with the DHS. Each application needs review too!

I’m 3 months in now.. reading here another 5 to go! I’m still hopeful for the 4 to 6 months quoted by the embassy…
Old Jun 25th 2024, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

Ukexpat23 is an unknown quantity at this point

DHS I mean not DHLS! I doubt anyone would put forward this suggestion to congress… It’s a waiting game I guess. Shame it takes so long! There must be millions of applications with the DHS. Each application needs review too!

I’m 3 months in now.. reading here another 5 to go! I’m still hopeful for the 4 to 6 months quoted by the embassy…
A case for using AI to speed up processes if ever there was one 🤣
Old Jun 25th 2024, 10:08 pm
Just Joined

250 days and counting...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.