Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Mar 13th 2024, 11:22 pm
Just Joined

Tuatara is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Just got my request for submitting my passport today, after initial interview on the 8th of August.
Old Mar 13th 2024, 11:31 pm
Forum Regular

Georgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tuatara
Just got my request for submitting my passport today, after initial interview on the 8th of August.
Congrats!
Old Mar 14th 2024, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

Ukexpat23 is an unknown quantity at this point

congrats! Just over 7 months, timelines creeping up!
Old Mar 14th 2024, 1:41 am
Just Joined

Pointsmeanprizes is an unknown quantity at this point

Me, too! I'm confused about what to do next (it was 8 years ago that I did it last). Do I take my passport in an envelope to my designated courier (Manchester, in my case) with that 'Courier-In Authorization Certificate' document? Or do I just post it directly to the Embassy in London at the local post office, with Manchester being my pick-up point?
Old Mar 14th 2024, 2:19 am
Forum Regular

Georgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pointsmeanprizes
Me, too! I'm confused about what to do next (it was 8 years ago that I did it last). Do I take my passport in an envelope to my designated courier (Manchester, in my case) with that 'Courier-In Authorization Certificate' document? Or do I just post it directly to the Embassy in London at the local post office, with Manchester being my pick-up point?
You have to take it to a designated DX courier. You take both bits of paper plus your passport with you, they scan one and then give you a bag to put your passport and the other bit of paper into and they take it from there. This is the only way you can do it I believe.
Old Mar 14th 2024, 2:29 am
Just Joined

Pointsmeanprizes is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Georgey38
You have to take it to a designated DX courier. You take both bits of paper plus your passport with you, they scan one and then give you a bag to put your passport and the other bit of paper into and they take it from there. This is the only way you can do it I believe.
Thanks, so I don't even put it in an envelope? that is done by the courier?
Old Mar 14th 2024, 2:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pointsmeanprizes
Thanks, so I don't even put it in an envelope? that is done by the courier?
Well I can only speak to my experience but yes, I went there and they placed the passport and piece of paper I was advised to send with my passport directly into the bag and they took it from me. It arrived at the embassy the next day on the 29th Feb. Still waiting for my bloody passpor to be returned to me mind you but that's a different story!
Old Mar 17th 2024, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

Quick question, the DS160 status says approved and my case was last updated on the 6th March. They have had my passport since the 29th Feb, at what point do I have aright to get some sort of update, surely they cant just keep your passport for as long as they want?? I appreciate they don't give status updates during the process but just feel like I must have some rights whist they are in possession of it? It's been almost 3 weeks! Unless I get a shipping notification today I'm not going to make my trip on Wednesday so maybe clutching at straws a bit.
Old Mar 17th 2024, 10:13 pm
Just Joined

Natfar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by claudyb
Hi
My husband is in a similar situation; he has an 18yr old drug conviction,from when he was a young teenager, and had his embassy interview on 25th Feb, where he was recommended for a waiver of ineligibility. We won a holiday to Florida arranged for 27th May, as we haven't heard anything re the waiver yet I have enquired about changing the date which will be in excess of 瞿750!! I'd be interested to see if bgs got hers in time. Also if anybody has any other experiences?

im still waiting from September so so if he only had his interview in February i highly doubt it will be here for May
Old Mar 17th 2024, 11:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Natfar
im still waiting from September so so if he only had his interview in February i highly doubt it will be here for May
That post is from 2011.
Old Mar 17th 2024, 11:33 pm
Just Joined

Natfar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
That post is from 2011.
hahaha oh! Well I wonder if they made it 不不不不 silly me
Old Mar 18th 2024, 1:39 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Natfar
hahaha oh! Well I wonder if they made it 不不不不 silly me
They never came back after posting just twice. It'll have to remain one of life's great mysteries.
Old Mar 18th 2024, 1:43 am
SUPER MODERATOR

I appreciate they don't give status updates during the process but just feel like I must have some rights whist they are in possession of it?
You do have the right to get it back, and can request that.

Does your status say issued now? Fingers tightly crossed for you.
Old Mar 18th 2024, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

No it changed to 'Approved' on the 6th March, 12 days (8 working days) ago and has been stuck on that since. If I don't get the shipping notice today then travl on Wednesday is gone I'm afriad. So frustrating!!
Old Mar 18th 2024, 3:49 am
Forum Regular

Ukexpat23 is an unknown quantity at this point

No it changed to 'Approved' on the 6th March, 12 days (8 working days) ago and has been stuck on that since. If I don't get the shipping notice today then travl on Wednesday is gone I'm afriad. So frustrating!!
I think if you were going to get notice by today it wouldve come by now Im afraid. Maybe tomorrow or Wednesday but sounds like thatll be too late 對.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.