Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Mar 8th 2024, 5:44 pm
Just Joined

Disneyfan1952 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

We hit 30 weeks next week, looks like the August ones are taking longer than the average. Anyone from August apart from the one on the spreadsheet hear anything yet? Losing hope now.
Old Mar 9th 2024, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

usvisa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Georgey38
Quick Q and apologies if this is a stupid question but now I have my B1 VISA does this mean I still need to get an ESTA when I travel or does this VISA remove the need to get an ESTA?
No. You don't need ESTA, because you have VISA already. You can't have both.
ESTA is only for people who do not require visa to enter US. The fact that you have visa proves that you need visa.

Last edited by usvisa; Mar 9th 2024 at 6:27 am.
Old Mar 9th 2024, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

postbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by usvisa
You can't have both.
Small point, but you can totally have both. Lots of people have a Visa for a specific purpose and an ESTA at the same time. However, in this context yes the B1/B2 replaces the need for an ESTA, which due to the ineligibility issues they have wouldn't be approved anyway.
Old Mar 9th 2024, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

usvisa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by postbox134
Small point, but you can totally have both. Lots of people have a Visa for a specific purpose and an ESTA at the same time. However, in this context yes the B1/B2 replaces the need for an ESTA, which due to the ineligibility issues they have wouldn't be approved anyway.
I don't accept "the small point", because here on this forum is absolutely... IRRELEVANT. If he is eligible for visa free travel he won't be here.
Of course you can have both if you are eligible but you need longer then the max of 90 stay or study, work etc. Then ESTA for your fun travel and VISA for your other purpose. But again, you can use only one at the time. Even risking to loose the other one... pray for officer who has had his breakfast...
I used to have two visas at the same time perfectly legally issued. But that's not the case.
Old Mar 11th 2024, 5:00 am
Just Joined

Tuatara is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Disneyfan1952
We hit 30 weeks next week, looks like the August ones are taking longer than the average. Anyone from August apart from the one on the spreadsheet hear anything yet? Losing hope now.
No, nothing yet.
At this rate we'll be the longest of those currently shown, and a week later than I would have expected. But a week or two variation from the mean, after 6-7 months of waiting, isn't all that surprising.
I'm expecting to hear in a few days.
Old Mar 11th 2024, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

Natfar is an unknown quantity at this point

I’m sept so definitely residing myself to the fact I won’t make travel by April 16th I just hope it turns up way after that as I’ll be super peed off it turns up a week after I’m supposed to have gone 🤣
Old Mar 12th 2024, 9:52 am
Just Joined

Tuatara is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Natfar
I’m sept so definitely residing myself to the fact I won’t make travel by April 16th I just hope it turns up way after that as I’ll be super peed off it turns up a week after I’m supposed to have gone 🤣
I'm at the 31-week mark (2nd visa) and heard nothing so probably sensible to plan for a delay.
Old Mar 13th 2024, 12:09 am
Forum Regular

Georgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm getting a bit worried myself to be honest as I travel Weds 20th March. I had the email to send them my passport which I did and the tracking confirmed that it was handed to the embassy on the 29th Feb. On the 6th March my DS-160 status check updated from 'Refused' to 'Approved' but i've heard nothing since! I assumed that once it had been approved then I'd get it shipped back pretty quickly.

Not sure if delay of over a week since it was approved is normal??
Old Mar 13th 2024, 2:00 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I'm getting a bit worried myself to be honest as I travel Weds 20th March. I had the email to send them my passport which I did and the tracking confirmed that it was handed to the embassy on the 29th Feb. On the 6th March my DS-160 status check updated from 'Refused' to 'Approved' but i've heard nothing since! I assumed that once it had been approved then I'd get it shipped back pretty quickly.

It normally changes to 'issued' when it's actually been printed and put in your passport. Are you picking it up or having it couriered back?

Old Mar 13th 2024, 2:06 am
Forum Regular

Ukexpat23 is an unknown quantity at this point

mine took 22 elapsed days to get the passport back. Albeit that included 6 weekend days. Though looking at the spreadsheet mine was one that took a while to get posted back vs the norm.
Old Mar 13th 2024, 4:32 am
Forum Regular

Georgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ukexpat23
mine took 22 elapsed days to get the passport back. Albeit that included 6 weekend days. Though looking at the spreadsheet mine was one that took a while to get posted back vs the norm.
Thanks for the response. Can I just ask a couple of questions?

When you did finally get the update that your passport was being sent back, how long did it take to arrive? I paid extra for the premium deliveyr service.
Also, did you notice the date your DS160 status changed from 'Refused' to 'Approved' and if so how long from that date did it take for your passport to be sent out? Mine chaged to approved on 6th March so wanted to guage how long it may be.

Thanks a lot.
Old Mar 13th 2024, 4:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
It normally changes to 'issued' when it's actually been printed and put in your passport. Are you picking it up or having it couriered back?
Couriered back, paid for the quicker delivery method.
Old Mar 13th 2024, 4:35 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the response. Can I just ask a couple of questions?

When you did finally get the update that your passport was being sent back, how long did it take to arrive? I paid extra for the premium deliveyr service.
Also, did you notice the date your DS160 status changed from 'Refused' to 'Approved' and if so how long from that date did it take for your passport to be sent out? Mine chaged to approved on 6th March so wanted to guage how long it may be.

Thanks a lot.
This previous post may help - Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application
Old Mar 13th 2024, 4:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
This is great - thanks.
Old Mar 13th 2024, 5:00 am
SUPER MODERATOR

This is great - thanks.
No worries. Really hope you get it through in time, best of luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.