Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Aug 11th 2023, 6:05 am
Just Joined

BigRedAnt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by Sewfran
So Update…. I received an email today to say my passport has been sent via DX… that’s 7 business days from when it was approved…

interview Jan 24th
submit passport June 12
just over 7 weeks in administrative processing…..
7 business days from approved to issued

now waiting for green light to collect
Great news, almost there!
Old Aug 11th 2023, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

movida is an unknown quantity at this point

My appointment was late May. I’ve only just checked the status online (didn’t know you can) and it just says refused. I was referred for a waiver of ineligibility and was granted this 5 years ago. Will this status update when the process moves on? Would I receive an email to inform me at that time?

I’m also wondering reading some of the above messages how long they take your passport for. When I last applied and the waiver was approved, I sent my passport and received it back within a week or two (collected it from somewhere near Holborn in London). Is this still the case or could you be without it for many weeks or months? That would be odd but also untenable as if I’m travelling every 2-3 months (not to the USA) I can’t risk them holding onto my passport unnecessarily.
Old Aug 11th 2023, 6:14 am
Just Joined

Sewfran is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BigRedAnt
Great news, almost there!
yes ……. It’s been a long 8 months
Old Aug 11th 2023, 6:19 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by movida
My appointment was late May. I’ve only just checked the status online (didn’t know you can) and it just says refused. I was referred for a waiver of ineligibility and was granted this 5 years ago. Will this status update when the process moves on? Would I receive an email to inform me at that time?

I’m also wondering reading some of the above messages how long they take your passport for. When I last applied and the waiver was approved, I sent my passport and received it back within a week or two (collected it from somewhere near Holborn in London). Is this still the case or could you be without it for many weeks or months? That would be odd but also untenable as if I’m travelling every 2-3 months (not to the USA) I can’t risk them holding onto my passport unnecessarily.
You'll get an email to send in your passport, and I think the status moves at that point.

Can I ask, where did you get your case ID from so you could check it?

Thanks
Old Aug 11th 2023, 6:32 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by usvisa
Wow, that is super impressive... almost surreal. Interview, approval, sending & receiving passport within a week. Are you relative to the consul? Sorry, just joking. Congratulations then!
I am sure you can easily win the lottery jackpot.
It's standard processing time for London now, I'm following various other immigrant visa timeline threads and anybody applying that way (spousal, employment etc) is getting their passport back within a week. So I'm definitely not special unfortunately.
Old Aug 11th 2023, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

usvisa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
It's standard processing time for London now, I'm following various other immigrant visa timeline threads and anybody applying that way (spousal, employment etc) is getting their passport back within a week. So I'm definitely not special unfortunately.
Are you talking about single entry Green Card Visa? Because that is what an immigrant visa essentially is.
Old Aug 11th 2023, 7:56 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Are you talking about single entry Green Card Visa? Because that is what an immigrant visa essentially is.
Yep, immigrant visa i.e. 'green card' once you've entered on it.
Old Aug 11th 2023, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

You'll get an email to send in your passport, and I think the status moves at that point.

Can I ask, where did you get your case ID from so you could check it?

Thanks
there was no case ID, I changed the visa type on the checker page to non immigrant and it just let me use the D number from my application. So it says refused until it changes to send passport, isn’t there an update that says waiver granted or anything? And for most people after it says send passport is it returned within a week or two?

Finally is there a deadline to send passport once asked? If I’m 4-6 weeks away from a booked trip I’d be concerned sending my passport off as above posts mention them keeping it for 8 weeks due to ‘processing’ which seems mad?
Old Aug 11th 2023, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

I think I've seen a couple of years on this forum before, but it is unusual so hopefully you'll hear soon.

I know you are applying for B2 but it was the reason for the waiver I meant - most people on this thread will be applying because of a past criminal conviction (generally in the dim and distant past), but I thought yours was because of previous visa violations so the vetting process will be very different. But I may well have you mixed up with somebody else so apologies if so.
How many years exactly... you're talking about..? Sounds scary.
Old Aug 11th 2023, 11:42 pm
Just Joined

there was no case ID, I changed the visa type on the checker page to non immigrant and it just let me use the D number from my application. So it says refused until it changes to send passport, isn’t there an update that says waiver granted or anything? And for most people after it says send passport is it returned within a week or two?

Finally is there a deadline to send passport once asked? If I’m 4-6 weeks away from a booked trip I’d be concerned sending my passport off as above posts mention them keeping it for 8 weeks due to ‘processing’ which seems mad?
thanks. It says up to 21 days to return your passport. I have three trips planned in November, but I'm not booking any of them until my passport is back in my hand with the visa in it
Old Aug 11th 2023, 11:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

How many years exactly... you're talking about..? Sounds scary.
‘A couple’ means 2.
Old Aug 12th 2023, 4:02 am
Forum Regular

‘A couple’ means 2.
Thanks very much, that's helpful. We all know that 'a couple of' sometimes means even much more...'unspecified time'. Never mind. Two years is still devastatingly long.
Old Aug 12th 2023, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

thanks. It says up to 21 days to return your passport. I have three trips planned in November, but I'm not booking any of them until my passport is back in my hand with the visa in it
Thanks. Just to clarify is this 21 days for them to return your passport after sending it off to them, or 21 days deadline to send your passport to get the visa added once they notify you? I’m concerned about both really if I have another upcoming trip.
Old Aug 12th 2023, 7:27 am
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. Just to clarify is this 21 days for them to return your passport after sending it off to them, or 21 days deadline to send your passport to get the visa added once they notify you? I’m concerned about both really if I have another upcoming trip.
why would you let that dictate your travel? I was somewhere in Asia or NZ when my US visa was being put in a passport. the UK allows second passports for exactly this kind of situation…. Although they say it’s for business travel: https://www.gov.uk/government/public...to%20show%20it
Old Aug 12th 2023, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tht
why would you let that dictate your travel? I was somewhere in Asia or NZ when my US visa was being put in a passport. the UK allows second passports for exactly this kind of situation…. Although they say it’s for business travel: https://www.gov.uk/government/public...to%20show%20it
As you need to submit a covering letter and explain why you need a 2nd passport as it’s not a standard process. I’d rather just know how long you have to send in your passport when your waiver is granted, and how long they take to return it (the answer to the latter sounds like 3 weeks max based on other replies?) Rather than going to the expense and time to apply for a 2nd passport after I’ve already spent a few £100 on this application.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.