Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Mar 11th 2019, 11:51 pm
Just Joined

hhg92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

So wanted to give an update if there are people reading who are still waiting and stressed (like I was!);
My husband was recommended for a waiver on the 10th of December
On March 7th he received an email asking for a statement that he was not using drugs
Today, March 12th he received an email saying his waiver was approved and asking him to bring the passport to the embassy!
So total processing time was around 13 weeks, but we still have to wait for the passport to get back to us of course, which adds a few days.. Btw we were told that the processing time was 6-9 months!
I am so happy that he will be able to join us on vacation!! and good luck to everyone still waiting answers
Old Mar 11th 2019, 11:57 pm
Just Joined

P-don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hhg92
So wanted to give an update if there are people reading who are still waiting and stressed (like I was!);
My husband was recommended for a waiver on the 10th of December
On March 7th he received an email asking for a statement that he was not using drugs
Today, March 12th he received an email saying his waiver was approved and asking him to bring the passport to the embassy!
So total processing time was around 13 weeks, but we still have to wait for the passport to get back to us of course, which adds a few days.. Btw we were told that the processing time was 6-9 months!
I am so happy that he will be able to join us on vacation!! and good luck to everyone still waiting answers
I was recommended for my waiver on December 13th and still not had an email, so hopefully I’ll hear soon.
Old Mar 12th 2019, 2:43 am
KT4
Just Joined

KT4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone
I am new to this thread but hoping there is someone here who may be able to offer a little insight. I have gone back through the posts but as it started years ago I figure only the last 12 months timelines would be accurate. My husband was issued his B1 visa 10 months ago, we had to apply for a waiver for this due to an offence 25 years previous. His job situation has now changed so he applied for an L1 and L2s for myself and our children. All was ok until we went for our interview when we was given a slip of paper saying the visa is under administrative processing. The employee said this is because of the waiver. My question is as my husband already has the waiver approved will the process be quicker? I know you have to have a new waiver for each visa but last time it took so long because there was so much going backwards and forwards for information but now they have all the information will this speed the process up? From what I can see most people are applying for the first time so hoping someone can release and offer advice. Thanks in advance and good luck to all those playing the waiting game!
Old Mar 12th 2019, 2:48 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KT4
Hello everyone
I am new to this thread but hoping there is someone here who may be able to offer a little insight. I have gone back through the posts but as it started years ago I figure only the last 12 months timelines would be accurate. My husband was issued his B1 visa 10 months ago, we had to apply for a waiver for this due to an offence 25 years previous. His job situation has now changed so he applied for an L1 and L2s for myself and our children. All was ok until we went for our interview when we was given a slip of paper saying the visa is under administrative processing. The employee said this is because of the waiver. My question is as my husband already has the waiver approved will the process be quicker? I know you have to have a new waiver for each visa but last time it took so long because there was so much going backwards and forwards for information but now they have all the information will this speed the process up? From what I can see most people are applying for the first time so hoping someone can release and offer advice. Thanks in advance and good luck to all those playing the waiting game!
This question has already been answered in the other thread. It won't be any quicker. Every waiver application has to be sent to the ARO for a decision to be made. The waiting time, in general, reflects how busy the DHS is at any given time. It doesn't matter how complex or lengthy your individual case is; what matters is whereabouts you are in the queue of cases waiting at the ARO.

Your husband's current application will take roughly the same length of time as everyone else that is applying now.

Last edited by materialcontroller; Mar 12th 2019 at 2:50 am.
Old Mar 12th 2019, 3:11 am
KT4
Just Joined

KT4 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=materialcontroller;12652253]This question has already been answered in the other thread. It won't be any quicker. Every waiver application has to be sent to the ARO for a decision to be made. The waiting time, in general, reflects how busy the DHS is at any given time. It doesn't matter how complex or lengthy your individual case is; what matters is whereabouts you are in the queue of cases waiting at the ARO.

Your husband's current application will take roughly the same length of time as everyone else that is applying now

Yes it has but only by you and I was seeing if there was anyone else in the same position as there are a lot of people on this thread and only us and one more on the other. Is that ok?
Old Mar 12th 2019, 3:36 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KT4
Yes it has but only by you and I was seeing if there was anyone else in the same position as there are a lot of people on this thread and only us and one more on the other. Is that ok?
Of course. You can ask the question as many times as you want, but it won't usually change the answers you receive.

Good luck to you and your family. I hope everything works out well for you all.
Old Mar 15th 2019, 3:16 am
Sys
Just Joined

Sys is an unknown quantity at this point

I have just had my email to send passport can someone please explian how to complete this as required by us embassay as do not want to mess this up after getting this far
Old Mar 15th 2019, 5:08 am
Just Joined

I received the email today to send my passport.
Old Mar 15th 2019, 5:15 am
Just Joined

phil625sxc is an unknown quantity at this point

​​​​​received the email today also, original interview 26th November and request for sworn statement 2 weeks ago.
Many thanks to everyone for the help and advice on this thread and best of luck to those still waiting!
Old Mar 15th 2019, 5:22 am
Sys
Just Joined

Sys is an unknown quantity at this point

The DX centre is too far away can I use Royal Mail do delivery to send the passport to us embassay
Old Mar 15th 2019, 6:06 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sys
The DX centre is too far away can I use Royal Mail do delivery to send the passport to us embassay
I think you print out instructions with barcode and send it by Royal Mail special delivery.
Old Mar 15th 2019, 6:09 am
Just Joined

floridadream is an unknown quantity at this point

I've not a clue, hopefully someone else can answer that..
I sent my husbands off via the DX office on Mon. I've just checked online and his visa has been issued. What I've wondered is - will someone notify me when it is back at DX? Anybody experienced this recently? I filled out DX as the delivery point when we started this process at the end of last summer so cant remember what the collection instructions are.
Old Mar 20th 2019, 10:09 pm
Just Joined

Is there any way to contact the US Embassy to confirm if they have received my passport,? I sent my passport via special delivery on Monday 19th and Royal Mail tracking says it hasn’t left the Battersea delivery office. I’ve contacted Royal Mail and waiting for them to call me back.
Old Mar 20th 2019, 10:13 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by P-don
Is there any way to contact the US Embassy to confirm if they have received my passport,? I sent my passport via special delivery on Monday 19th and Royal Mail tracking says it hasn’t left the Battersea delivery office. I’ve contacted Royal Mail and waiting for them to call me back.
No way for you to contact the consulate. You simply need to wait.

Stop worrying and just relax.
Old Mar 26th 2019, 3:08 am
Just Joined

Just had my passport returned with 5 year Visa the whole process from interview to passport in hand took 14 weeks and 2 days.

A big thanks to this forum for all the advice without it I never thought it would have been possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.