Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Wikiposts

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Apr 18th 2024, 11:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Passport returned 20 days after sending, which included the easter weekend, 5 year waiver in hand. Phew. Note to self: don't put your passport through the washing machine again.
Old Apr 18th 2024, 11:49 pm
Forum Regular

Ukexpat23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shiversaint
Passport returned 20 days after sending, which included the easter weekend, 5 year waiver in hand. Phew. Note to self: don't put your passport through the washing machine again.
Congrats! With these timelines I think I should make alternative summer holiday plans. I think I'd get it in time, but the uncertainty for the family would be a bit crazy!
Old Apr 21st 2024, 8:28 am
Just Joined

Florida88 is an unknown quantity at this point

I finally had the email today to submit my passport! So happy
just wanted to thank all the contributors on here to this thread for the advice.
I had my interview on the 13th September 2023 and received my email to send the passport on the 17th April so 217 days / 7 months and 4 days.

so, my next question is. Can I now book my holiday? Which will be this summer, even though I don’t have my visa issued into my passport yet
Old Apr 21st 2024, 8:32 am
Just Joined

Natfar is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh that’s amazing!!

congratulations! I was 27th sept so hopefully in the Que!! Although our travel date had been and gone my daughter returned this morning. But can hopefully be there next year!

id be inclined to say just wait for it to come. I’ve seen some taking an extra long time to come back and I’d hate for you to book and something go a miss a this stage.
Old Apr 23rd 2024, 8:55 am
Just Joined

MancDave is an unknown quantity at this point

I had an appointment at London embassy for a b2 tourist on 27th September 2023, and was told interviewing officer had recommended me for a waiver of ineligibility to DHS.

Still not heard anything back, but reassuring to find this thread and see that people are still awaiting a response after a similar timeline! Fingers crossed I’ll hear something soon.

Very frustrating that there’s no way of checking on progress, when I log into embassy website it still shows status as “appointment”.
Old Apr 23rd 2024, 9:19 am
Just Joined

Florida88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MancDave
I had an appointment at London embassy for a b2 tourist on 27th September 2023, and was told interviewing officer had recommended me for a waiver of ineligibility to DHS.

Still not heard anything back, but reassuring to find this thread and see that people are still awaiting a response after a similar timeline! Fingers crossed I’ll hear something soon.

Very frustrating that there’s no way of checking on progress, when I log into embassy website it still shows status as “appointment”.
I had my interview on the 13th sept so not too far behind you and I received my email last Wednesday.

Keep a look out for an email from [email protected]
Old Apr 23rd 2024, 9:36 am
Just Joined

Natfar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MancDave

I was also 27th. Be interesting to see if they come back at the same time although my status is refused!
Old Apr 24th 2024, 9:30 am
Just Joined

Liuazziex is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya,

new to this thread and was wondering if anyone could help. Went for an interview on 18th August 2023 and was told that a visa waiver would be recommended and to wait. We still haven’t heard anything back and can see others who had interviews after have already heard back. Absolutely gutted as we were meant to be travelling on 10th May which unfortunately isn’t going to happen but my question is does anyone have any idea how we even contact the embassy as it seems we’ve been missed? Thanks in advance
Old Apr 24th 2024, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Liuazziex
Hiya,

new to this thread and was wondering if anyone could help. Went for an interview on 18th August 2023 and was told that a visa waiver would be recommended and to wait. We still haven’t heard anything back and can see others who had interviews after have already heard back. Absolutely gutted as we were meant to be travelling on 10th May which unfortunately isn’t going to happen but my question is does anyone have any idea how we even contact the embassy as it seems we’ve been missed? Thanks in advance
what’s the status of your application on the CEAC website? And when was it last updated?
Old Apr 24th 2024, 9:47 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ukexpat23
what’s the status of your application on the CEAC website? And when was it last updated?

last updated on 23rd August and still showing as appointment 😞

sorry just to update - request was received on 23rd July 2033, interview was 18th August 2023 when both sites were last updated

Last edited by Liuazziex; Apr 24th 2024 at 10:02 am.
Old Apr 24th 2024, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

last updated on 23rd August and still showing as appointment 😞
that’s the AIS visa booking website status. How about the staus on the CEAC website - https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx
Old Apr 24th 2024, 10:01 am
Just Joined

that’s the AIS visa booking website status. How about the staus on the CEAC website -
still down as refused with it last been updated on 18th August (interview day)
Old Apr 24th 2024, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

still down as refused with it last been updated on 18th August (interview day)
will let other chime in but I don’t think anyone knows why certain requests are processed quicker than others really. Hopefully should be anytime now! Is it your first application?
Old Apr 24th 2024, 10:13 am
Just Joined

will let other chime in but I don’t think anyone knows why certain requests are processed quicker than others really. Hopefully should be anytime now! Is it your first application?
thank you- I think unfortunately we’ve just been unlucky. We were told the waiting time was approx 6 months (up to 9 worse case) so thought we’d be safe but our mistake. Yep my partner’s first application due to a one off drug driving (cannabis) offence that took place over 15 years ago-eek! A very costly offence to make as a teenager!
Old Apr 24th 2024, 11:04 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

As a matter of general information, here is a LINK to a blog of my learned friend, Angelo Paparelli regarding the processing of 212(d)(3) waivers. Of interest to me, the waivers are handled by CBP, not CIS. Also, the waiver application is considered part of the visa application. This increases the opacity of the application.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.