Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Jan 11th 2019, 5:39 pm
Sys
Just Joined

Sys is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Any idea if the referrals will be delayed due to the shutdown which affects homeland security in the US
Old Jan 11th 2019, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

DHS are supposedly working without pay, but I wouldn't be surprised if there is an impact.
Old Jan 14th 2019, 9:16 am
Just Joined

laxkay is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sys
Any idea if the referrals will be delayed due to the shutdown which affects homeland security in the US
I think so. I've heard that there are. There's only so long people are going to work without pay!
Old Jan 31st 2019, 1:27 pm
Just Joined

Have you heard anything?
Old Jan 31st 2019, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

Jay1971 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nothing think the holidays gonna be cancelled
Old Jan 31st 2019, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

floridadream is an unknown quantity at this point

I haven't heard anything either. We've changed our booking. I hope you hear soon.
Old Feb 1st 2019, 8:48 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by floridadream
I haven't heard anything either. We've changed our booking. I hope you hear soon.

Yeah, we haven't either. We're gunna wait until the final minute before full payment is due and change the booking. Apparently the shutdown has been lifted for 3 weeks so fingers crossed for us all!
Old Feb 2nd 2019, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

visawaiver is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All I’ve been reading this thread with great interest last week or so and thought I’d post my plight regarding my application on here to see if anyone could give their opinions on whether my visa would be granted or not I apologise in advance if it’s been answered before but I can’t seem to see of anybody with my circumstances on here .....so I had my interview in London and it was denied for crimes of moral turpitude 20 odd years ago
1 common assault ( community service order )
2 theft from person ( 9 months Young offenders institution)
3 obtaining benefits dishonesty (conditional discharge)

But my problem aswell as the criminal record is that I was deported from the u.s 20 years ago for an overstay,having said that I was recommended for a visa of ineligibility,so my question being what do people think of my chances being granted with my case ...I’m a british passport holder and this was all when I was a stupid teenager .Thanks .
Old Feb 2nd 2019, 4:51 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by visawaiver
Hi All I’ve been reading this thread with great interest last week or so and thought I’d post my plight regarding my application on here to see if anyone could give their opinions on whether my visa would be granted or not I apologise in advance if it’s been answered before but I can’t seem to see of anybody with my circumstances on here .....so I had my interview in London and it was denied for crimes of moral turpitude 20 odd years ago
1 common assault ( community service order )
2 theft from person ( 9 months Young offenders institution)
3 obtaining benefits dishonesty (conditional discharge)

But my problem aswell as the criminal record is that I was deported from the u.s 20 years ago for an overstay,having said that I was recommended for a visa of ineligibility,so my question being what do people think of my chances being granted with my case ...I’m a british passport holder and this was all when I was a stupid teenager .Thanks .
​​​​​You stand a good chance of getting the visa. It's very rare for a waiver recommendation to not be followed up. You just need to be patient and forget about it until you get the email informing you of the outcome.
Old Feb 2nd 2019, 5:08 pm
Just Joined

visawaiver is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
​​​​​You stand a good chance of getting the visa. It's very rare for a waiver recommendation to not be followed up. You just need to be patient and forget about it until you get the email informing you of the outcome.
thanks materialcontroller for your swift reply I hope your right I’ll just wait the 6-8 months .thanks again.
Old Feb 3rd 2019, 10:01 am
Just Joined

Jonnyboyo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by claudyb
Hi
My husband is in a similar situation; he has an 18yr old drug conviction,from when he was a young teenager, and had his embassy interview on 25th Feb, where he was recommended for a waiver of ineligibility. We won a holiday to Florida arranged for 27th May, as we haven't heard anything re the waiver yet I have enquired about changing the date which will be in excess of £750!! I'd be interested to see if bgs got hers in time. Also if anybody has any other experiences?

hi
I know it's a long time ago but how did your husband get on with his Visa.. did you go to Florida. ??
My conviction was for theft 14yrs ago and wanted to see if I be wasting my time for a surprise holiday for my wife in Nov 19.. it is now Jan 19
Old Feb 3rd 2019, 10:09 am
Just Joined

Jonnyboyo is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been reading up a lot this morning... I have a minor conviction 14yrs ago for theft. I believe this now eliminates me for an ESTA and the procedure for a waiver takes months..
I live in northern Ireland , anyone in NI who had gone through same position??

I do not wish to spend all this money to be turned down... I want to book a holiday for November to new York , maybe I'll apply for everything first and then look nearer the time when I've been granted it. But the good deals are now

From reading some comments online is saying I must send my passport away but I can't risk that as got holiday to Mexico in Aug.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Last edited by Jonnyboyo; Feb 3rd 2019 at 10:13 am.
Old Feb 4th 2019, 12:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sys
Have you heard anything Sys
Old Feb 4th 2019, 1:10 pm
Sys
Just Joined

Sys is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by laxkay
Have you heard anything Sys
I guess it is too early for me as just had my appointment and referral on 2nd Jan so would be waiting another few months I guess, that’s with no further shutdowns I hope (fingers crossed tough)
Old Feb 4th 2019, 2:46 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jonnyboyo
I've been reading up a lot this morning... I have a minor conviction 14yrs ago for theft. I believe this now eliminates me for an ESTA and the procedure for a waiver takes months..
I live in northern Ireland , anyone in NI who had gone through same position??

I do not wish to spend all this money to be turned down... I want to book a holiday for November to new York , maybe I'll apply for everything first and then look nearer the time when I've been granted it. But the good deals are now

From reading some comments online is saying I must send my passport away but I can't risk that as got holiday to Mexico in Aug.
Lots of people from all over the UK have been through the same process and there's a very good chance you will get the visa, given the length of time since the offence. Do not book any tickets or accommodation until after your visa has been granted and you've received your passport back from the consulate. If you apply now, you should have the visa back in plenty of time for a trip in November.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.