Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Feb 4th 2022, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

PINELLA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by sunshine2013
Hi was wondering if anyone can help.
my husband had his interview yesterday for a b1/b2 visa. He has been issued 3 in the past.
he was told by the consular official that he would receive an email for when to send his passport for visa issuance which had always been the case before. He was handed a letter which unfortunately he didn’t look at until we got home. The letter states that he has been refused his visa we don’t think he has ever Ben given this letter before so will are now confused as he was told he would be recommended for a visa of ineligibility but the letter says otherwise. We have called every number possible and no one can help us. Has this happened to anyone else before. Many thanks in advance.

This is a copy of the letter he was given.
Hey Sunshine, On the basis of what you have stated, it is highly likely that the Consular Office has accidentally picked and issued the wrong NOTICE. I had my interview on the 31st Jan, also requiring a waiver and was handed an identical NOTICE, with exception to the last para...which states, "given the circumstances of your case, and based on the factors described above, we have decided to recommend a waiver of your ineligibility...................................".

You will need to get in touch with the Embassy and get clarification.............
Old Feb 4th 2022, 1:48 pm
Just Joined

sunshine2013 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Pinella

Thank you so much for your reply. We have been so worried.
We have just received this reply from the embassy.We can confirm that your application has been submitted to DHS for a waiver of ineligibility. We will contact you once this process is complete.

Sincerely,

Visa Coordination Unit

Embassy of the United States of America

London

would you mind keeping me updated on when your visa is issued just so we have an idea of how long it is taking.

Many Thanks again

regards

Old Feb 4th 2022, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

sevorg is an unknown quantity at this point

I think Pinella is correct, If the CO said they were recommending a waiver and confirmed that by saying an e mail would be sent,that is what they would have entered into the computer in front of them.

Just seen your reply from the visa section.I am glad it has been clarified as I have an interview next week and my circumstances are almost identical to yours, and your post started to put big doubts in my mind.
PINELLA in your previous post(now deleted) did you say that the CO gave a four month timescale for the waiver???
Old Feb 4th 2022, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Hi Pinella

We have just received this reply from the embassy.We can confirm that your application has been submitted to DHS for a waiver of ineligibility. We will contact you once this process is complete.

Sincerely,

Visa Coordination Unit

London

would you mind keeping me updated on when your visa is issued just so we have an idea of how long it is taking.

Many Thanks again

regards
Will do !
Old Feb 4th 2022, 2:31 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Yay! That's good, what a mistake giving him that letter though.

Originally Posted by sevorg
I think Pinella is correct, If the CO said they were recommending a waiver and confirmed that by saying an e mail would be sent,that is what they would have entered into the computer in front of them.
Although the CO can be ignored and the decision overturned. A couple of examples from this thread -

Originally Posted by LondonAlb
Anyways, I was recommended for a waiver and then it was denied.
Originally Posted by Claraclack
It won't let me post his letter as an attachment or a picture but it literally says 'Having recommended your case to DHS for a waiver of your ineligibility, DHS has disapproved our request and decided not to grant you a waiver. This means you will not be receiving a non-immigrant visa at this time. I regret we could not grant your request.'
Old Feb 4th 2022, 9:23 pm
k.b
Just Joined

k.b is an unknown quantity at this point

So have attended my B1/2 Interview today and been referred for a waiver will update one the magic email arrives -

3rd time / 1st visa issued for 12 months / 2nd issued for 5 years /
Old Feb 18th 2022, 10:19 pm
Just Joined

graham8219 is an unknown quantity at this point

Attended my interview yesterday at the embassy. My first waiver was issued for 5 years, he said hopefully this one is longer or for the same duration.
Interview was very quick and said same as last time, I will recommend for Waiver of ineligibility, and he said they are taking about 4/5 weeks at the moment. I was handed the letter which said I was not being referred for one, so emailed the embassy and they confirmed that my application was under review.
Old Feb 21st 2022, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by k.b
So have attended my B1/2 Interview today and been referred for a waiver will update one the magic email arrives -

Can I ask what appointment type you booked? Was it a B1 or B2 appointment? Obviously it sounds like you are expecting a B1/2 visa. I need a B1/2 ideally but I booked a B2 appointment, just trying to figure out if I can get a B1/2 still without rebooking.
Old Feb 22nd 2022, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

Hi Pinella

Sincerely,

Visa Coordination Unit

London

Many Thanks again

regards
Hey Sunshine2013,

Just an update, I got an email this morning requesting I submit my passport for the issuance of the B1/B2 visa/waiver. Very quick, considering my interview was on the 31st Jan 2022 and as the Consular Officer had stated to me that you will get your waiver approval at lighting speed compared to my K1 visa/I-601 approval which is still pending.
Old Feb 24th 2022, 11:24 am
k.b
Just Joined

k.b is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by k.b

recieved email today 24th feb to submit passport interview was on the 4th so 3 weeks for the waiver

it appears any backlog previously has been cleared 😀
Old Feb 24th 2022, 10:08 pm
Just Joined

FeMcD is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by k.b
recieved email today 24th feb to submit passport interview was on the 4th so 3 weeks for the waiver

it appears any backlog previously has been cleared 😀
that’s fabulous news!
my partners visa ran out last May. He normally goes to Belfast but couldn’t get an appt so booked London for 25th April. This is his 3rd waiver of ineligibility. His first was a year and 2nd 5 years. We had booked a holiday for oct 20 but obviously postponed and rearranged to 11th june this year. I wasn’t hopeful that his waiver would be through on time given the appt is in April but this has given me a wee glimmer of hope 🤞🏻
Old Feb 28th 2022, 12:56 pm
fstanfield

fiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond repute

My partner is a uk citizen and I am dual uk/usa and right now he has an ESTA which he uses but is only good for 3 months then you have to return to the uk. On an ESTA when you return to the uk how long do you have to stay in the uk before you can go back to the usa? Is it worth trying to get a B2 visa so he could stay up to 6 months. But I have been reading a lot of these posts where people have had problems getting one then they have to try and get a non immigrant visa waiver. Cause if that doesn’t go through then he won’t be able to go to the US. Can anyone shed light on any of this?
Thank you in advance.
Old Feb 28th 2022, 1:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fiona stanfield
My partner is a uk citizen and I am dual uk/usa and right now he has an ESTA which he uses but is only good for 3 months then you have to return to the uk. On an ESTA when you return to the uk how long do you have to stay in the uk before you can go back to the usa? Is it worth trying to get a B2 visa so he could stay up to 6 months. But I have been reading a lot of these posts where people have had problems getting one then they have to try and get a non immigrant visa waiver. Cause if that doesn’t go through then he won’t be able to go to the US. Can anyone shed light on any of this?
Thank you in advance.
The general advice is to stay out of the US for longer than he's been there i.e. if he stayed 85 days in the US (it's not 3 months, it's up to 90 days - and best to allow a few days leeway in case of any flight delays), then he should stay out of the US for at least the same amount of time.

This thread is for those that need a waiver of ineligibility i.e. they are ineligible due to a past criminal conviction and need that waived. Is that the case with your partner?
Old Mar 1st 2022, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

sevorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Interview London 11th February CO will send for waiver..
9.00 am Today March 1 to send passport for visa issue. Less than three weeks.
Old Mar 1st 2022, 4:09 pm
Just Joined

sunshine2013 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PINELLA
Hey Sunshine2013,

Just an update, I got an email this morning requesting I submit my passport for the issuance of the B1/B2 visa/waiver. Very quick, considering my interview was on the 31st Jan 2022 and as the Consular Officer had stated to me that you will get your waiver approval at lighting speed compared to my K1 visa/I-601 approval which is still pending.

Hi Pinella

That's fab news

We also got any email to send passport. Dropped it off to courier last tuesday hoping we will hear soon that it is being sent back as its been a week now.

Have you got yours back yet?

Just checked CEAC it has changed from refused to administrative processing

Best Wishes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.