Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Apr 14th 2022, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

EmmaN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default new embassy

just a quick question....is there parking near the new embassy and can you take bags and phones in with you? the last time i went to the old building you literally couldnt take in anything

thanks

x
Old Apr 16th 2022, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new embassy

Originally Posted by EmmaN
just a quick question....is there parking near the new embassy and can you take bags and phones in with you? the last time i went to the old building you literally couldnt take in anything

thanks

x
Parking difficult to find, would recommend public transport.

You can take backpack sized bags in but no big luggage. You cannot take laptops in, phones are ok.
Old Apr 18th 2022, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

LondonAlb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Those that have had appointments this year, how long was it till you received a decision?
Old Apr 18th 2022, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

Jr1993 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LondonAlb
Those that have had appointments this year, how long was it till you received a decision?
still waiting from 7th march
Old Apr 18th 2022, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jr1993
still waiting from 7th march
What sort of time frames were you given? They said 2-3 weeks on 8th April
Old Apr 19th 2022, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

What sort of time frames were you given? They said 2-3 weeks on 8th April
yeah they said a couple weeks for me as well. Not sure what’s taking so long. I would have thought they worked through them in order of appointment but I see above someone received their decision already from late march. Weird
Old Apr 19th 2022, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

yeah they said a couple weeks for me as well. Not sure what’s taking so long. I would have thought they worked through them in order of appointment but I see above someone received their decision already from late march. Weird
That is weird. Maybe send an email? Unless you have a complex conviction record or a serious conviction, I can't image why it would take longer. When mine was refused in 2019, it was still within the timeframes the Belfast consulate provided.
Old Apr 20th 2022, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

That is weird. Maybe send an email? Unless you have a complex conviction record or a serious conviction, I can't image why it would take longer. When mine was refused in 2019, it was still within the timeframes the Belfast consulate provided.
they’ve confirmed it’s still under review. It was a drugs conviction 9 years ago. Intent to supply cannabis so maybe that would be the reason why it’s taking longer
Old Apr 20th 2022, 11:21 am
Just Joined

george22 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you have been found ineligible to receive a visa under U.S. immigration law and you applied for a waiver, we can take at least six months from the date of the visa interview. Sometimes it can get even longer than that depending on how busy our office is, but our goal is to try to make sure that we process your application as soon as possible so that you know where exactly you stand during this important process. Anyone who has made their way through entertainment licensing knows that this process tends to be lengthy and thorough, and we hope that by giving applicants a realistic timeframe in which they can expect their application to be processed (and/or denied), it will both save a lot of time in the office as well as unnecessary stress for those whose applications have been deemed insufficient or incomplete by the powers-that-be in Washington D.C.
Old Apr 20th 2022, 11:25 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by george22
If you have been found ineligible to receive a visa under U.S. immigration law and you applied for a waiver, we can take at least six months from the date of the visa interview. Sometimes it can get even longer than that depending on how busy our office is, but our goal is to try to make sure that we process your application as soon as possible so that you know where exactly you stand during this important process. Anyone who has made their way through entertainment licensing knows that this process tends to be lengthy and thorough, and we hope that by giving applicants a realistic timeframe in which they can expect their application to be processed (and/or denied), it will both save a lot of time in the office as well as unnecessary stress for those whose applications have been deemed insufficient or incomplete by the powers-that-be in Washington D.C.
Hi, welcome to BE. This post doesn't make a lot of sense tbh, who is 'we'? What's entertainment licensing got to do with it? Is this an excerpt from an email from a third party?
Old Apr 23rd 2022, 7:17 am
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

they’ve confirmed it’s still under review. It was a drugs conviction 9 years ago. Intent to supply cannabis so maybe that would be the reason why it’s taking longer
I think unfortunate side effect of these very fast processing times is our expectations are being set higher! Few of us really know what the DHS do on their side of things when reviewing an application, but at the end of the day you've had confirmation it's still ticking along so there isn't really anything you can do now.

For context my first waiver was 2.5 months, second was 4.5 months and then just recently two weeks. The first was unusually short and the second unusually long versus other people here. It happens. Best advice is to just move on with your life while you wait. And as you say, intent to supply is one of the tricky ones so I wouldn't be surprised if they're doing a few different checks.
Old Apr 30th 2022, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

movida is an unknown quantity at this point

I have an active visa after receiving a waiver of ineligibility due to a c. 17 year old conviction in the U.K. for theft from employer. It expires in 2024. The visa is a B1/B2. I’ve travelled 4 times with it and no issues (not that I’d expect any) bar additional processing on arrival.

I had only travelled for tourism purposes but have been invited to a work conference later this year. I was worried I’d need to apply from scratch for another visa type but a quick Google shows the B1 part is valid for a business trip including a conference/event.

So can I travel using this same visa granted after the waiver for my conviction and tell them on arrival I’m there for a conference? Being refused entry or told my visa isn’t valid for this purpose would be hugely embarrassing and disruptive.
Old Apr 30th 2022, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

movida is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by movida
I have an active visa after receiving a waiver of ineligibility due to a c. 17 year old conviction in the U.K. for theft from employer. It expires in 2024. The visa is a B1/B2. I’ve travelled 4 times with it and no issues (not that I’d expect any) bar additional processing on arrival.

I had only travelled for tourism purposes but have been invited to a work conference later this year. I was worried I’d need to apply from scratch for another visa type but a quick Google shows the B1 part is valid for a business trip including a conference/event.

So can I travel using this same visa granted after the waiver for my conviction and tell them on arrival I’m there for a conference? Being refused entry or told my visa isn’t valid for this purpose would be hugely embarrassing and disruptive.
also, do I need to supply additional documentation on arrival if travelling for a conference? The us embassy site says something about furnishing a letter from your employer with certain details. I wasn’t aware that the visa granted even allowed business travel (ie being given a B1/B2 combined visa), is this standard after a waiver of ineligibility is granted?
Old May 1st 2022, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

Have you heard anything regarding your application? I've also passed the 2-3 weeks estimated timeframes they gave at the start of April
Old May 2nd 2022, 8:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by movida

Yes, you will simply be admitted under B1 rather than B2 if the principal reason is for business meetings/conferences etc.

You may require evidence, conference schedule/tickets etc are probably sufficient. This portion is no difference vs if you needed a waiver or not.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.