Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Jun 8th 2022, 11:49 am
Just Joined

FeMcD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Just for info, my partner got his visa (waiver of ineligibility - 5 years, 3rd visa) back on Tuesday. We took it to DX on the 20th May, they rec’d it in London on 24th May, got the email on Monday 6th June and DX delivered it to the house on Tuesday the 7th.
His interview was 25th April in London and got the email to send his passport on 20th May.
Sadly we’ve had to cancel our holiday as my son broke his ankle and had surgery today so not fit to fly for 12 weeks 😔 of all the things I was worrying about, I didn’t expect that!
rebooking for next year with visa firmly in his hand 😊

Last edited by FeMcD; Jun 8th 2022 at 11:53 am.
Old Jun 8th 2022, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

MM2022 is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband got his passport back in time for our wedding trip! Updating our timeline here in case it helps anyone else (he's gone through L2 visa waiver process):

Timeline -
Embassy appointment - 30 March
Email to submit passport + international money order - 20 April
Passport dropped off at DX - 16 May (we had issues to find a money order as requested, so I had to buy one in the US and take it to London, hence the delay to drop off the passport)
Passport received at embassy - 17 May
Status changed to Administrative Processing - 24 May
Email saying passport has been released to DX - 06 Jun
Passport collected - 07 Jun

Old Jun 8th 2022, 11:24 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MM2022
My husband got his passport back in time for our wedding trip! Updating our timeline here in case it helps anyone else (he's gone through L2 visa waiver process):

Timeline -
Embassy appointment - 30 March
Email to submit passport + international money order - 20 April
Passport dropped off at DX - 16 May (we had issues to find a money order as requested, so I had to buy one in the US and take it to London, hence the delay to drop off the passport)
Passport received at embassy - 17 May
Status changed to Administrative Processing - 24 May
Email saying passport has been released to DX - 06 Jun
Passport collected - 07 Jun
glad it worked out in the end! Is the money order only for sending? Can‘y you pay in person, or is that only off your approved while there?
Old Jun 18th 2022, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

EmmaN is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone

I hope that you are all well xx

couple of quick questions..........

how long are peoples waivers taking at the moment to come back? i know that when the embassy first reopened it was super quick but i wondered if the backlog has built back up again now and is getting longer?

also, i have to travel up from devon and there are no trains early enough to get me there in the morning so am gonna drive up and stay with a relative in croydon the night before. Is there parking near the embassy or would I be better off getting a taxi ? I dont really have any idea about public transport up there or how to get there so any advice would be gratefully received

many thanks xx
Old Jun 18th 2022, 10:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmmaN
Hi everyone

I hope that you are all well xx

couple of quick questions..........

how long are peoples waivers taking at the moment to come back? i know that when the embassy first reopened it was super quick but i wondered if the backlog has built back up again now and is getting longer?

also, i have to travel up from devon and there are no trains early enough to get me there in the morning so am gonna drive up and stay with a relative in croydon the night before. Is there parking near the embassy or would I be better off getting a taxi ? I dont really have any idea about public transport up there or how to get there so any advice would be gratefully received

many thanks xx
I don't think there are reasonable parking options near the embassy. East Croydon station into Victoria (possibly Vauxhall) won't be too bad at all and probably a better choice than trying to taxi across the south of London at that time of day.

Waivers don't seem to be getting longer, anywhere from 3-6 weeks is the norm as you'll see from reviewing the last 20-30 posts in this thread.
Old Jun 22nd 2022, 4:06 am
Just Joined

lm47 is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anyone help reassure me

Applied for 2nd visa, previous one issued in less than 1 month
appointment 10 may
email to send passport for ' visa issuance' received 10 june
visa status page says ' send documents' on first page and still says refused
passport hand delivered to dx office 11 June
DX site updated on 14 June to say passport delivered to embassy on 15 june.
DX confirmed update was internal only, but did email on 15 to say delivered to embassy
visa status site still not shaowing any changes

Im worried my passport is now missing

Last edited by lm47; Jun 22nd 2022 at 4:14 am.
Old Jun 22nd 2022, 5:02 am
Forum Regular

LondonAlb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lm47

appointment 10 may
DX confirmed update was internal only, but did email on 15 to say delivered to embassy

These were my timesframes if that's any help....

Attended US embassy - 8th April 2022
Email to submit passport - 9th May 2022
Passport dropped off at DX - 10th May 2022
Passport recieved at embassy - 11th May 2022
Email confirming visa issued and passport dispatched - 24th May 2022
Passport collected at DX Chancery Lane - 25th May 2022

No changes showed on my tracker
Old Jun 22nd 2022, 5:07 am
Just Joined

lm47 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LondonAlb
These were my timesframes if that's any help....

Attended US embassy - 8th April 2022
Email to submit passport - 9th May 2022
Passport dropped off at DX - 10th May 2022
Passport recieved at embassy - 11th May 2022
Email confirming visa issued and passport dispatched - 24th May 2022
Passport collected at DX Chancery Lane - 25th May 2022

No changes showed on my tracker

thank you for the update, if someone else didn’t have any updates on the tracker that helps. It’s just frustrating with the not knowing
Old Jun 27th 2022, 9:40 pm
Just Joined

RM2022 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lm47

appointment 10 may

Hello was just wondering if you had got your passport back as I'm in a similar position. Here are my time scales

Embassy appointment 8th May - referred for waiver
Email from embassy to send passport for visa issuance 7th June
Passport dropped off on 8th June to DX
Tracking information showing that passport delivered to embassy on 9th June
Visa status changed to administrative processing on 16th June

​​​​​As of today still not received passport or notification that visa has been issued/sent back to me.

Hope it comes soon

Old Jun 28th 2022, 1:07 am
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

It seems the actual sticking of the visa into the passport is taking a fair bit longer than it used to, several people had this now.
Old Jul 4th 2022, 4:30 am
Just Joined

RM2022 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just updating timeline for anyone else.

Embassy appointment 8th May - referred for waiver
Email from embassy to send passport for visa issuance 7th June
Passport dropped off on 8th June to DX
Tracking information showing that passport delivered to embassy on 9th June
Visa status changed to administrative processing on 16th June
Email from embassy on 1st July passport is with DX
DX delivered passport to home address on 4th July

Was just wondering what happens next when i get to America and show my waiver, do i get interviewed? Was reading further back in this thread that this could be the case, unsure if this information remains correct though? Any words of reassurance would be great. Thank you.
Old Jul 4th 2022, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

sevorg is an unknown quantity at this point

You will almost certainly be sent for secondary screening but this is nothing to worry about.I have gone to secondary five times now and only once did they actually speak(interview)me and they only asked if I had a return ticket This time it took only 5 mins but it very much depends on how many are waiting
Old Jul 4th 2022, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Yes, secondary is par for the course with anyone that has a waiver. Bring a book, not an electronic device. It can take several hours.
Old Jul 6th 2022, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

LondonAlb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shiversaint
Yes, secondary is par for the course with anyone that has a waiver. Bring a book, not an electronic device. It can take several hours.
Do you go in by yourself or does the party you are travelling with also come in? I'll be with my wife and two babies and I'm also the driver of our rental car so she wouldn't be able to do much if she goes through without me and then she'll have two young babies by herself.
Old Jul 6th 2022, 6:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LondonAlb
Do you go in by yourself or does the party you are travelling with also come in? I'll be with my wife and two babies and I'm also the driver of our rental car so she wouldn't be able to do much if she goes through without me and then she'll have two young babies by herself.
By yourself - always by yourself. I have only seen children in secondary when a parent was up for question. Unless your wife needs to goto secondary, she won't be coming with you.

You will not be able to contact your partner while you are in secondary, they are extremely strict about electronic devices.

The experience does vary a bit and depends on how busy the terminal you fly into is. If you are LAX T3 with Virgin Atlantic, for example, it's a very quiet terminal and you can be out of secondary within 15-30 minutes of being sent to it. Tom Bradley International Terminal at LAX however is very busy and my average wait there was about an hour, the longest I experienced was 5 hours. JFK has always been on the lower end for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.