Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Jul 17th 2017, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

Noodler is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Just checking the status on the CEAC website using my application number.

Have tried emailing them and my lawyer sent a letter but no reply.
Old Jul 18th 2017, 12:15 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonnos73
I have been completely honest, is there anyway to find out, what the status is?
No... none whatsoever. There is no way to find out how long the process will take; there is no way to find out where you are in the process; and there is no way to find out how much longer you have to wait. There is absolutely nothing you can do but wait. The good news is that if you were recommended for a waiver, you will almost surely get it.

I have meetings in the USA and have been postponed twice and our MD is not very happy and i don't want to lose my job?
Waivers are currently taking an average of about 6 months to process. Perhaps you should start looking for another job... just in case!

What i cant understand is a girl at work whose boyfriend has 2 convictions in the last 3 years for ABH and GBH, whose going on holiday and his visa was received / approved within 3 weeks of his application.
My guess - he lied on the application.

Have you been chasing the embassy and what have they said?
The Embassy (well, US Consular Service really!) is not involved at this point. All waiver applications are sent to the US for processing. When the application is approved, they'll notify the US Consular Service who will subsequently contact you to submit your passport.

Ian
Old Jul 18th 2017, 12:17 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tambling
I'm now really worried that mine is not being processed at all.
You're right - it's currently not being processed. Right now it's sitting in a huge pile of waiver applications and it's waiting to come to the top of that pile. Once it does, it'll be processed in about 10 minutes. It'll take about 6 months or so to come to the top of that pile.

Ian
Old Jul 18th 2017, 12:20 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Noodler
Have tried emailing them and my lawyer sent a letter but no reply.
It doesn't matter how many times you call, email, or send letters. The only response you'll get is that your application is in administrative processing. That is the only answer they can give... because they, themselves, have no idea where in the process you are.

Ian
Old Jul 18th 2017, 12:24 am
Forum Regular

Ian,

Why is Tambling still sitting at Refused and mine has changed to AP. Is that just down to some changing the status?

Mine changes to AP 3 weeks after my appointment. Is it likely that is when it was sent to be processed.

Why is Belfast processing in 14 weeks and London taking so much longer?
Old Jul 18th 2017, 12:38 am
Account Closed

Why is Tambling still sitting at Refused and mine has changed to AP. Is that just down to some changing the status?
Pretty much - yes. It comes down to the guy whose job is to update the website. At the best of times, the online system is a crap shoot.

Mine changes to AP 3 weeks after my appointment. Is it likely that is when it was sent to be processed.
That's entirely possible... and a reasonable assumption. To my knowledge, they send the applications to the US in batches... not one at a time.

Why is Belfast processing in 14 weeks and London taking so much longer?
My guess - there are far fewer applications made via Belfast.

I'll be honest here - I'm not sure anybody knows for certain what the process is except for those who do the processing... but, over time, you can glean tidbits of information and put 2+2 together.

Ian
Old Jul 18th 2017, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the reply and good to pull on the knowledge you have gained over the years.

For such a strict procedure to go through it all seems very uncertain with very little clarity.

You mention London taking 6 months but lots of people seem to be getting them back now in 18 weeks. I am taking the assumption that Belfast get them out quicker and therefore the overall time is shorter.
Old Jul 18th 2017, 3:10 am
Just Joined

Frang28 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noodler;
You mention London taking 6 months but lots of people seem to be getting them back now in 18 weeks.
My dad has waited over 6 months already from London x
Old Jul 18th 2017, 3:19 am
Just Joined

Frang28 is an unknown quantity at this point

Iv just checked dads status on ceac page and it says application refused?

So 6 months later no word either way isn't right is it??

Looks like no wedding for me this year 😩😭 x
Old Jul 18th 2017, 4:22 am
Account Closed

You mention London taking 6 months...
To be fair, the average is 6 months... taken over, say, the last 5 years. There will always be applications that are processed faster for some reason, and others that are slower for some reason. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the different timelines.

I am taking the assumption that Belfast get them out quicker and therefore the overall time is shorter.
If that assumption makes you feel better - great... but I don't know of any evidence to suggest that's actually true.

Ian
Old Jul 18th 2017, 4:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
To be fair, the average is 6 months... taken over, say, the last 5 years. There will always be applications that are processed faster for some reason, and others that are slower for some reason. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the different timelines.

If that assumption makes you feel better - great... but I don't know of any evidence to suggest that's actually true.

Ian
You look at the list they publish they are regularly at 14-16 weeks so they must do something. Can't see how they get any priority when they get to the US so can only assume they get them out the door quicker than London due to lower volume.
Old Jul 18th 2017, 4:27 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Frang28
Iv just checked dads status on ceac page and it says application refused?
Generally, the application will always show refused up until the moment the waiver is approved... however long that takes.

So 6 months later no word either way isn't right is it??
There's really no way to know whether it's right or not. All I know for a fact, is that you can't do anything about it.

Ian
Old Jul 18th 2017, 4:28 am
Just Joined

Tambling is an unknown quantity at this point

I called dhs and was told application under review, nothing more nothing less, just glad it's in the process after my status is still at refused.

Now my question is what does Under Review means? Anyone. Thanks
Old Jul 18th 2017, 4:32 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Tambling
Now my question is what does Under Review means?
It's just a fancy term that means it's still in Administrative Processing. As I mentioned earlier - they can't say more than that because they don't know.

Ian
Old Jul 18th 2017, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

I am taking the assumption that Belfast get them out quicker and therefore the overall time is shorter.
There's no credible evidence for that. All waiver applications end up in the same place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.