Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Apr 27th 2016, 6:32 am
Just Joined

Tuatara is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Ah, that might explain it then.

What might one have to do to be banned for 20 years? I'm sure an interesting novel could be written on the background stories to some of our waiver applications!
Old Apr 27th 2016, 8:27 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tuatara
What might one have to do to be banned for 20 years?
If you click on someone's user name, you can link to all of their prior posts.

Ian
Old Apr 27th 2016, 9:52 pm
Just Joined

FeMcD is an unknown quantity at this point

hellooo

So Im a long time lurker and got lots of useful information via this forum while my boyfriend was going through the visa process. Just thought I would let you know our experience.

He had been a silly boy in his younger years and had multiple convictions some which were involving moral turpitude.
His first visa, in 2014, was for 1 year multiple visits, took 22 weeks.
He went for his appt in Belfast for his 2nd visa on 10.12.15. In and out in 20 minutes (not everyone's experience, i know)
Got a letter on Tuesday 26th April saying he has been approved a 5 year visa from 21.4.16. 19 weeks exactly from appt to approval.
He has until the end of July to send his passport in.
We were originally going to Florida in July but had to postpone to next year (29th April) due to me being made redundant 5 weeks ago. So glad it was a 5 year visa or he wouldn't have used a 1 year one at all!

Last edited by FeMcD; Apr 27th 2016 at 11:28 pm.
Old Apr 28th 2016, 12:08 am
Just Joined

sunshine2013 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sunshine2013
Hi all
Just thought I'd let you know my husband had his interview on the 9th November. Received email yesterday at 9.24am to request passport. (23weeks 1day)
Sent passport off yesterday. Will let you know how long it takes to come back.
Good luck to everyone else waiting for theirs.
Update
Sent my passport off last Tuesday and received it back yesterday.
This was for a 3rd visa and it is now for 5 years. (The 1st 2 were both a year each) really pleased. Good luck to everyone else.
Old Apr 28th 2016, 6:57 am
Just Joined

n1kkie is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=n1kkie;11926595]Great news - I received my email requesting passport at 09.25am this morning 19/04/16

Timeline:
Interview was October 20th 2015 so 26 weeks in total for receipt of email, I guess I was one of the lucky ones to receive it in less than 8 months - I was 1 day short of 6 months.
Still obviously need to wait now for passport to come back.
Good luck to the rest of you still waiting - hang in there.

Update: Dropped passport to DX courier last Wednesday (20/04/16) received an email from Embassy yesterday (one week later)to say they had processed & returned to courier - collected today (8 days after dropping it off)
This was my first application & I am thrilled to say it's valid for 5 years!! So just over 27 weeks.

For information:
I just checked the CEAC web page & it states 'Issued', so it doesn't change until they have actually 'issued' it.

It has been great to read others experiences on here, it's a great site.

Last edited by n1kkie; Apr 28th 2016 at 7:01 am.
Old Apr 29th 2016, 2:14 am
Just Joined

Mistyknight17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello there and Happy Friday.

I'm currently on my second B2 visa (exp Dec 16) with waiver accompanying E1 partner.

With an idea to hold our civil wedding in May in the USA and a pending interview at US embassy in London in June, I wanted to ask if I can still apply for a B2 as a cohabiting spouse as opposed to partner.

I do not intend to work in the USA, simply to accompany and Cohabit.

If I had to change status at interview is it still the same process as the previous 2 years interviews for waiver.

Will changing classification complicate anything?! Is it better to stay engaged until returning home to uk. One has to consider options when requiring a waiver

If I need to change status can I attend my interview for waiver for new classification and return to the USA on the current valid B2 visa (is there a timeframe allowed to change status)

As always many thanks for any advice.
Old Apr 29th 2016, 2:25 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mistyknight17
I wanted to ask if I can still apply for a B2 as a cohabiting spouse as opposed to partner.
I don't think so because you'd be a spouse and not a partner. Even if you could, why on earth would you want to? You'd be eligible for a derivative E visa as a spouse and wouldn't need to keep renewing your visa every 6 or 12 months. And, if you wanted the option to work or go to school you could.

Ian
Old Apr 29th 2016, 2:38 am
Just Joined

Tuatara is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

Well, a bit of a surprise - I just received my email (2 actually) from the [email protected] email address (you may want to put that address on a safe-sender list to ensure it doesn't go to spam) indicating "Please submit passport for visa issuance".

Seems I may have been granted a visa.

Interview was 17 November, so about 25 weeks. Things seem to be going quicker than expected.

Outside of the country for two weeks so will submit my passport and give an update of the timeframes and length of visa then.

Good luck all.
Old Apr 29th 2016, 3:00 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I don't think so because you'd be a spouse and not a partner. Even if you could, why on earth would you want to? You'd be eligible for a derivative E visa as a spouse and wouldn't need to keep renewing your visa every 6 or 12 months. And, if you wanted the option to work or go to school you could.

Ian

Hi Ian. Thank you. I know it sounds crazy but ultimately I'd like to remain here without having to sit outside the USA for however long the process would be. If I apply for the E visa as spouse then I'm told my existing B2 visa would possible be revoked at interview, meaning I wouldn't be able to travel back and wait the process time with my partner as opposed to applying for a B2 visa and coming back.

My partners assignment is only a couple more years. Having to wait outside possibly another 7-8 months would not be something that we would ideally want, hence needing to assess options.

I'm fine with not working. We have 2 year old twins to keep me super busy !
Old Apr 29th 2016, 3:07 am
Account Closed

If I apply for the E visa as spouse...
You can apply for a change of status while you're in the US. Also, you are allowed to have multiple valid visas in your passport.

I'm told my existing B2 visa would possible be revoked at interview...
Who told you this?

Ian
Old Apr 29th 2016, 4:30 am
Just Joined

crash85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, i know this is british blog, im from South America, just wanted to share because i used to read lot of this forum and it was so helpful for me. Today ive got my passport back from the embassy.

Took almost 5 months form the day of the interview, I was granted for 1 year visa multiple entries. This was my second attemp, the first one was denied because they told me i need more time since the time of conviction. Anyway on my second attemp finally i was granted.

Thanks
Old Apr 29th 2016, 7:51 am
Just Joined

You can apply for a change of status while you're in the US. Also, you are allowed to have multiple valid visas in your passport.

Who told you this?

Ian
If I apply for change of status within the US, I believe that I then can't leave without submitting the application to come back. We visit home twice yearly, so a change of status doesn't appear to be a solution as ultimately I will still be shut out?!

We asked questions to an immigration lawyer who said he believed 'it was highly likely when attending interview in uk for a new e visa with waiver, that the B would be cancelled, as I would no longer be valid to travel under that classification' ?
Old Apr 29th 2016, 7:55 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

If I apply for change of status within the US, I believe that I then can't leave without submitting the application to come back. We visit home twice yearly, so a change of status doesn't appear to be a solution as ultimately I will still be shut out?!

We asked questions to an immigration lawyer who said he believed 'it was highly likely when attending interview in uk for a new e visa with waiver, that the B would be cancelled, as I would no longer be valid to travel under that classification' ?
Anything is possible and it could happen with an immigrant visa, seen that. But this is just another non immigrant visa.
Old Apr 29th 2016, 8:01 am
Account Closed

I agree with Boiler - this is just another non-immigrant visa. It would be unusual for your B-2 visa to be cancelled. It would be more unusual to apply for a B-2 visa as the spouse of an E-1 visa holder.

I'm not sure there's a good solution here - you can't have it both ways!

Ian

Last edited by ian-mstm; Apr 29th 2016 at 8:05 am.
Old Apr 29th 2016, 9:09 am
Just Joined

I agree with Boiler - this is just another non-immigrant visa. It would be unusual for your B-2 visa to be cancelled. It would be more unusual to apply for a B-2 visa as the spouse of an E-1 visa holder.

I'm not sure there's a good solution here - you can't have it both ways!

Ian
Thanks Boiler & Thanks Ian.

You are right, can't have both ways !!

Definitely won't apply for B then If we married before the Interview which I think better to hold off.

Definitely prefer the E visa but not willing to take a risk of 'maybe' and be separated again.

Lean toward attending already booked interview in June as partner. A new ds160 application means a new date not available before July and with I94 ending shortly before Interview, need to fly anyway.

Waivers definitely complicate matters but 'it is what it is'

I will try writing to the Embassy

Always grateful to discuss and have your opinions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.