Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Apr 5th 2022, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

Jr1993 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Hey everyone.

The status on my status checker, originally said, refused after interview where I was recommended waiver. then changed to administrative processing a couple weeks ago, it’s now changed to refused again. Does that mean the whole visa has been refused even though the waiver was recommended ? I haven’t heard anything from them to say the review is complete or anything yet. Could it still be under review ?
Old Apr 5th 2022, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

LondonAlb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jr1993
Hey everyone.

The status on my status checker, originally said, refused after interview where I was recommended waiver. then changed to administrative processing a couple weeks ago, it’s now changed to refused again. Does that mean the whole visa has been refused even though the waiver was recommended ? I haven’t heard anything from them to say the review is complete or anything yet. Could it still be under review ?
Mine was refused in 2019 and the status never changed to administrative processing. I received a letter in the post advising me of the refusal.
Old Apr 5th 2022, 10:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jr1993
Hey everyone.

The tracker is often misleading to be honest, given they kept your passport too, it's even harder for us to speculate what it means.

Of course, a recommendation for a waiver is not tantamount to receiving one, so it's completely possible that DHS have declined to issue you one. Have you emailed the visa unit?
Old Apr 5th 2022, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shiversaint
The tracker is often misleading to be honest, given they kept your passport too, it's even harder for us to speculate what it means.

Of course, a recommendation for a waiver is not tantamount to receiving one, so it's completely possible that DHS have declined to issue you one. Have you emailed the visa unit?
im just hoping that it means the review is complete and I’m about to hear. I haven’t emailed them yet. Turns out I had the passport this whole time. Not sure quite how I managed it but had it in my head they kept the passport for some reason.
Old Apr 7th 2022, 11:56 pm
Forum Regular

Had my interview this morning in the London embassy. They have referred me for a waiver and gave a 2-3 weeks timeframe for a decision. For reference, I applied in Belfast in 2019 and my waiver was rejected. Will come back once I hear anything along with how long the decision took.
Old Apr 10th 2022, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

Just had my email through this morning, interview on the 28th and decision today. 2 weeks on the nose. Amazing.
Old Apr 10th 2022, 11:26 pm
Forum Regular

Just had my email through this morning, interview on the 28th and decision today. 2 weeks on the nose. Amazing.
that’s great news. It would seem some reviews take longer than others, my appointment was march 7th and still waiting to hear. Was quoted 2 weeks at interview as well
Old Apr 10th 2022, 11:37 pm
Forum Regular

EmmaN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ACRO Police certificates

Hi

Sorry quick question I have got my Police certificate through and know that there is an accompanying form that I need to complete a (VC1 form or something) but cannot remember the exact title cannot find it on the website and dont know where to find it. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Emma
Old Apr 10th 2022, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: ACRO Police certificates

Originally Posted by EmmaN
Hi

Sorry quick question I have got my Police certificate through and know that there is an accompanying form that I need to complete a (VC1 form or something) but cannot remember the exact title cannot find it on the website and dont know where to find it. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Emma
If you google vcu1 form us visa it should be the first pdf file
Old Apr 11th 2022, 12:03 am
Forum Regular

amazing thank you so much. I couldnt for the life of me remember the form title xxx

is processing still 4 weeks?
Old Apr 11th 2022, 12:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by EmmaN
amazing thank you so much. I couldnt for the life of me remember the form title xxx

is processing still 4 weeks?
I had my appointment on friday and was told around 3 weeks but by the looks of previous messages, some are 2 weeks and some are 5
Old Apr 11th 2022, 1:09 am
Forum Regular

well either way its a damn sight quicker than the 6 months ive had before x
Old Apr 11th 2022, 9:59 am
Just Joined

graham8219 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by graham8219
Hi All,

After a bit of advice.

Attended interview for 2nd Visa - referred for Waiver on 17th Feb 2022. (1st Visa was multiple entry 5 years which ran out in Feb)
Emailed on 9th March to send Passport for Visa Issuance
Handed into DX on 11th March
Received at Embassy on 16th March

And nothing since, the website states 3-7 days for visa issue but mine has exceeded this. I've checked the status from DS-160 and still shows refused and the last action on 23 Feb.

Just wondering how long other people have been waiting recently when they have submitted their passports?

TIA

Still awaiting my passport back from the Embassy. I have emailed twice but I get a standard response without actually answering my questions.

The https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/niv site says to "send documents" which I did on 11th March following my email asking me to submit my passport for visa assurance on 9th March.

Its been a total of a month without my passport, the emails from the webform team say my case is under review, but surely if asking for my passport it would appear my case has been reviewed. I get a feeling its "lost" in the process somewhere and without the ability to speak to someone, I keep getting this response.Embassy records show that your application remains under review at this time. Please note, no expedite service is available and there is no mechanism for routine status updates while a review is underway. You can expect to be notified as soon as the review is complete. No additional information or documentation is requested or required from you at this time.

As there is no set period of time that a review may take, we cannot guarantee an outcome by any set date. This is one reason why we advise all applicants against booking tickets or making final travel plans unless they have received their passport containing a valid U.S. visa appropriate for their purpose of travel.

Any advice anyone?

Old Apr 11th 2022, 11:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

What address are you emailing?
Old Apr 11th 2022, 11:31 pm
Just Joined

graham8219 is an unknown quantity at this point

What address are you emailing?
[email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.