Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Jan 4th 2022, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

LondonAlb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by yum2yum
No, not unless they can see thousands of us all on the same day :-)

I imagine what will happen is at some point next year (or who knows when!) we will get an email advising that our "appointment" has been cancelled and to rebook. But that wont happen until services are back to normal and they have cleared through the backlog of what they deem higher priority visa appointments and can thus put some actual availability live on the system. But thats just a guess.
I've got an appointment booked for that date as well but didn't realise it wasn't an actual appointment. I'll need a waiver of ineligibility to travel and originally applied selecting the Belfast consulate but they aren't open for any visas. I got an email a few weeks ago saying they were opening more appointments and to log on at 8am on a certain date to book one. I would have done this if I knew my Nov 22 booking wasn't an actual appointment 🤦🏻‍♀️
Old Jan 4th 2022, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

This was the email:Dear visa applicant,

The U.S. Embassy in London is planning to open further visa application appointments for dates closer than your current appointment. If you want to get an earlier appointment, we encourage you to sign-in to your account (https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/niv/users/sign_in) on date November 23 and around 09:00 (or after) to check availability - select the option "Reschedule Appointment". Please note that there will be a limited number of new appointments and we cannot guarantee you will be able to find an earlier date than you currently have.

US Visa Appointment and Information Services
Old Jan 4th 2022, 1:25 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I believe you should be looking every day. You are not limited to only checking on the date on the email. They release new dates and times often.
Old Jan 5th 2022, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LondonAlb
I've got an appointment booked for that date as well but didn't realise it wasn't an actual appointment. I'll need a waiver of ineligibility to travel and originally applied selecting the Belfast consulate but they aren't open for any visas. I got an email a few weeks ago saying they were opening more appointments and to log on at 8am on a certain date to book one. I would have done this if I knew my Nov 22 booking wasn't an actual appointment 🤦🏻‍♀️
There are B slots open for April right at this moment. Hopefully you see this message.
Old Jan 5th 2022, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shiversaint
There are B slots open for April right at this moment. Hopefully you see this message.
Thank you. Saw it this morning and have moved the appointment
Old Jan 8th 2022, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

I've just seen somebody on the embassy facebook page had an appointment in Feb 2020 whereby they were referred for a waiver of ineligibility and they're still waiting for a decision. Not looking hopefully for us that would need a visa this way and have appointments this year.
Old Jan 10th 2022, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

I've just seen somebody on the embassy facebook page had an appointment in Feb 2020 whereby they were referred for a waiver of ineligibility and they're still waiting for a decision. Not looking hopefully for us that would need a visa this way and have appointments this year.
I wouldn't read too much into this. It entirely depends on that individual's circumstances and there are exceptional ones where waivers take a huge amount of time. Only if we saw multiple instances of this would I believe it is taking excessively long for anyone.

Regardless I don't think we've seen a single waiver case and its timeline discussed here throughout the pandemic. It's unknown territory. Prior to that waits were down to 3-4 months.
Old Jan 13th 2022, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

I wouldn't read too much into this. It entirely depends on that individual's circumstances and there are exceptional ones where waivers take a huge amount of time. Only if we saw multiple instances of this would I believe it is taking excessively long for anyone.

Regardless I don't think we've seen a single waiver case and its timeline discussed here throughout the pandemic. It's unknown territory. Prior to that waits were down to 3-4 months.
That's good to hear. I previously attended my appointment in Belfast in 2019. Was advised the wait times were shorter for waiver decisions and apparently they are seen to be more lenient (how true this is I'm not sure) Anyways, I was recommended for a waiver and then it was denied. I've booked to try again to travel in 2023 but there were only London appointments available and have managed an April 22 date. If I'm not recommended for a waiver in London, then I guess what I've heard would be true, or the fact my last waiver was rejected may go against me.
Old Jan 16th 2022, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

That's good to hear. I previously attended my appointment in Belfast in 2019. Was advised the wait times were shorter for waiver decisions and apparently they are seen to be more lenient (how true this is I'm not sure) Anyways, I was recommended for a waiver and then it was denied. I've booked to try again to travel in 2023 but there were only London appointments available and have managed an April 22 date. If I'm not recommended for a waiver in London, then I guess what I've heard would be true, or the fact my last waiver was rejected may go against me.
Quite unusual for a waiver to be denied after being recommended by the consular officer.

Do you have any more information as to why it was rejected? Would you mind sharing a bit more information about your case?
Old Jan 16th 2022, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

Quite unusual for a waiver to be denied after being recommended by the consular officer.

Do you have any more information as to why it was rejected? Would you mind sharing a bit more information about your case?
To be honest, I was shocked that the application was ever referred as I have an extensive (around 12) CR mainly shoplifting convictions and small amounts of cannabis possession charges with one robbery conviction when I was 16 which resulted in 18 months in a youth offenders prision. When I had my first US embassy appointment in 2019, it had been 6 years since my last conviction. The waiver of ineligibility denial letter, from what I can remember referred to, the recency of the crimes and the amount of them. It will be 10 years since my last conviction by the time I'm looking to travel in 2023 but I obviously can't change how many there are so that will go against me.
Old Jan 19th 2022, 9:00 pm
Just Joined

graham8219 is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone got any ideas when B2 appointments in London will open. I’ve got the 1st November (as many of us have) and hoping things will change now restrictions here in the UK are lifting?

Old Jan 19th 2022, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by graham8219
Anyone got any ideas when B2 appointments in London will open. I’ve got the 1st November (as many of us have) and hoping things will change now restrictions here in the UK are lifting?
I had the 1st November and changed it to April around two weeks ago after checking at 9am one morning. If you check every morning, they should be gradually adding earlier dates.
Old Jan 19th 2022, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

I had the 1st November and changed it to April around two weeks ago after checking at 9am one morning. If you check every morning, they should be gradually adding earlier dates.
thanks, and good luck with your application 👍🏻
Old Jan 20th 2022, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by graham8219
B2's are open as has been mentioned above. I've been checking to try and bring mine forward and the other poster is correct, a block seems to get opened every week or 10 days or so. I think the next block will be end of april/early may appointments.
Old Jan 31st 2022, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

There are some may dates on the appointment system today if you need to move your booked appointments

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.