Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Mar 10th 2020, 6:07 am
Just Joined

Jay1976 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by AP82
Thanks for the update Jay, keep us posted with how you get on & I’ll do likewise really frustrating having no way to get an update If interviewed in London unlike Belfast who provide weekly updates, they are working through case at end of January at minute
Have you heard anything. Still nothing here four months soon.
Old Mar 10th 2020, 6:30 am
Just Joined

AP82 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jay1976
Have you heard anything. Still nothing here four months soon.
I’m afraid we haven’t heard anything either

Only 2 weeks before we fly so it’s just not going to happen for us unfortunately, I really hope you have more time than us to get yours sorted
Old Mar 14th 2020, 4:48 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by AP82
I’m afraid we haven’t heard anything either

Only 2 weeks before we fly so it’s just not going to happen for us unfortunately, I really hope you have more time than us to get yours sorted

Claim there's a travel ban now. Result. Not what you were hoping for I am sure.
Old Mar 17th 2020, 3:50 am
Just Joined

Pointsmeanprizes is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

well we were due to go away to the US during Easter, we haven't contacted the travel firm yet to either a) getting a refund, or b) postponing and re-booking for Easter 2021. I was issued with my 5 years visa in May 2016 and that is due to expire on May 2021. Does anyone know if you can travel to the US with a month (or three weeks) left on your visa (we will be leaving before it actually expires). I have searched high and low and cannot find an answer nor a telephone number to call that could advise.
If anyone knows the answer, can steer me in the right direction, or have a phone number to the correct department, I would most appreciate it!
Old Mar 17th 2020, 3:53 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pointsmeanprizes
Hi

well we were due to go away to the US during Easter, we haven't contacted the travel firm yet to either a) getting a refund, or b) postponing and re-booking for Easter 2021. I was issued with my 5 years visa in May 2016 and that is due to expire on May 2021. Does anyone know if you can travel to the US with a month (or three weeks) left on your visa (we will be leaving before it actually expires). I have searched high and low and cannot find an answer nor a telephone number to call that could advise.
If anyone knows the answer, can steer me in the right direction, or have a phone number to the correct department, I would most appreciate it!
you can enter on the very last day of your visa so you will be fine.
Old Mar 17th 2020, 4:12 am
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

Jay1976 is correct.

Bear in mind you can also re-apply before your current visa expires, so given you have a wait in, if you want to go through the waiver process whilst you do, that's fine.
Old Mar 17th 2020, 5:36 am
Just Joined

Pointsmeanprizes is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shiversaint
Jay1976 is correct.

Bear in mind you can also re-apply before your current visa expires, so given you have a wait in, if you want to go through the waiver process whilst you do, that's fine.

I thought of that, but I am anticipating delays for the issuance of visas on the horizon...
Old Mar 17th 2020, 8:42 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pointsmeanprizes
Hi

The term “visa” is often misused. Even courts tend to confuse with terms of admission or stay. (And this includes the Supreme Cour, but I digress). A “visa” is permission to apply for admission to the United States. In law that goes back to the days of ships, one must commence travel to the US from the origin country of the trip (e.g. a flight from Manchester to Heathrow does not count, but a flight from Manchester Charles De Gaulle does). So it is possible to arrive with an expired “visa” and be admitted for six months.
Old Nov 29th 2020, 7:46 pm
Just Joined

Has anybody had any updates on their waivers. Seems to me certain things are still moving along as someone that has already had their interview I was close to the point of getting a reply when everything shut down.

I emailed the embassy in May to be told it's still in the system.
Old Nov 3rd 2021, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

NeverForget84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, my current b2 visa is scheduled to expire in September 2022. I want to apply for a new as I know they take the best part of a year to be processed. Can anyone please confirm whether I am okay to apply now?

Also, I have kind of forgotten the process to apply for a B2 Visa. Is it fill in the DS160, book an appointment at the consulate and attend with an up to date ACRO and then wait?
Old Nov 8th 2021, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

yum2yum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NeverForget84
Hi all, my current b2 visa is scheduled to expire in September 2022. I want to apply for a new as I know they take the best part of a year to be processed. Can anyone please confirm whether I am okay to apply now?

Also, I have kind of forgotten the process to apply for a B2 Visa. Is it fill in the DS160, book an appointment at the consulate and attend with an up to date ACRO and then wait?
Currently there are no appointments being offered for B2 visa interviews. My own visa has just expired, nothing we can do but wait until they restart non-emergency visa services. I dont know how long that might be!
Old Nov 9th 2021, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by yum2yum
Currently there are no appointments being offered for B2 visa interviews. My own visa has just expired, nothing we can do but wait until they restart non-emergency visa services. I dont know how long that might be!
Hi I managed to book an appointment but it's not UNTIL November 2022. This was after I completed the DS 160. Do you know long prior to your Visa expiring you can visit the USA?
Old Nov 9th 2021, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

Hi I managed to book an appointment but it's not UNTIL November 2022. This was after I completed the DS 160. Do you know long prior to your Visa expiring you can visit the USA?
nov 1st 2022 is just because their system can’t offer you ‘no availability’ but that’s what it really means. That’s the only day showing right?

you can visit right up to your date of expiration as far as I know. And the. Stay as long as granted on entry, usually six months.
Old Nov 9th 2021, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by yum2yum
nov 1st 2022 is just because their system can’t offer you ‘no availability’ but that’s what it really means. That’s the only day showing right?

you can visit right up to your date of expiration as far as I know. And the. Stay as long as granted on entry, usually six months.
Yes that's the date, I actually thought it meant my appointment was booked for then?
Old Nov 9th 2021, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

Yes that's the date, I actually thought it meant my appointment was booked for then?
No, not unless they can see thousands of us all on the same day :-)

I imagine what will happen is at some point next year (or who knows when!) we will get an email advising that our "appointment" has been cancelled and to rebook. But that wont happen until services are back to normal and they have cleared through the backlog of what they deem higher priority visa appointments and can thus put some actual availability live on the system. But thats just a guess.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.