Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Jan 31st 2022, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

PINELLA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Just putting it out there. I was at the London Consulate today and my B1/B2 Visa waiver application was recommended. Just to be clear, the decision on my I-601 waiver application is still pending. The Consular officer did state that my approval for the B1/B2 visa waiver will be much quicker than the decision on my I-601 waiver application.
Old Jan 31st 2022, 10:41 pm
Just Joined

F1 waiver is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PINELLA
Just putting it out there. I was at the London Consulate today and my B1/B2 Visa waiver application was recommended. Just to be clear, the decision on my I-601 waiver application is still pending. The Consular officer did state that my approval for the B1/B2 visa waiver will be much quicker than the decision on my I-601 waiver application.
Did the consular officer give you an estimate for how long it could take for the niv waiver to be approved? I was also recommended for the niv waiver for F1 visa on 14th Jan 2022 and was told it could take from 2 weeks to 1 month. want to know consistent this message is.
Old Feb 1st 2022, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by F1 waiver
Did the consular officer give you an estimate for how long it could take for the niv waiver to be approved? I was also recommended for the niv waiver for F1 visa on 14th Jan 2022 and was told it could take from 2 weeks to 1 month. want to know consistent this message is.
That is insanely quick versus the timelines pre-pandemic.

I really doubt a Consular Officer would put such a short timeline on it without that being somewhat accurate, they've nothing to gain by saying that if the timelines are more like 4-6 months like they used to be.
Old Feb 1st 2022, 2:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by shiversaint
That is insanely quick versus the timelines pre-pandemic.

I really doubt a Consular Officer would put such a short timeline on it without that being somewhat accurate, they've nothing to gain by saying that if the timelines are more like 4-6 months like they used to be.
i just received an email today asking to send my passport for visa issuance. So the consular officer was accurate. Good luck to everyone else waiting!
Old Feb 1st 2022, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

sunshine2013 is an unknown quantity at this point

i just received an email today asking to send my passport for visa issuance. So the consular officer was accurate. Good luck to everyone else waiting!

hi
hope you don’t mind me asking was this for a b1/b2 visa (administrative processing)

many thanks
Old Feb 1st 2022, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

PINELLA is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, he jokingly stated it will be at lightening speed compared to I-601 waiver decision, but then added approx 4 months.....
Old Feb 1st 2022, 2:52 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sunshine2013
hi
hope you don’t mind me asking was this for a b1/b2 visa (administrative processing)

many thanks
This was for an F1 student visa. Maybe thats why it was quick. I am not sure about B1/B2 visas. Sorry!
Old Feb 3rd 2022, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

hi

many thanks
This isn't a thread for people in administrative processing - that's a slightly different situation.
Old Feb 3rd 2022, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Amazing news, congratulations.

Thank you so much for reporting back - it's really useful for other members of the forum.
Old Feb 3rd 2022, 10:40 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by shiversaint
This isn't a thread for people in administrative processing - that's a slightly different situation.
hi thanks for your reply but it has been in the past as I’ve been on it since 2011 and this is where I have messaged previously. If this is not the case now do you know of another chat for it.

many thanks
Old Feb 4th 2022, 9:18 am
Just Joined

Hi was wondering if anyone can help.
my husband had his interview yesterday for a b1/b2 visa. He has been issued 3 in the past.
he was told by the consular official that he would receive an email for when to send his passport for visa issuance which had always been the case before. He was handed a letter which unfortunately he didn’t look at until we got home. The letter states that he has been refused his visa we don’t think he has ever Ben given this letter before so will are now confused as he was told he would be recommended for a visa of ineligibility but the letter says otherwise. We have called every number possible and no one can help us. Has this happened to anyone else before. Many thanks in advance.

This is a copy of the letter he was given.

Old Feb 4th 2022, 10:25 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

hi thanks for your reply but it has been in the past as I’ve been on it since 2011 and this is where I have messaged previously. If this is not the case now do you know of another chat for it.
It looks like you're on the right thread (going on your subsequent post), you've just called it something else - it's a waiver of ineligibility rather than admin processing. So you're in the right place.

Hi was wondering if anyone can help.
my husband had his interview yesterday for a b1/b2 visa. He has been issued 3 in the past.
he was told by the consular official that he would receive an email for when to send his passport for visa issuance which had always been the case before. He was handed a letter which unfortunately he didn’t look at until we got home. The letter states that he has been refused his visa we don’t think he has ever Ben given this letter before so will are now confused as he was told he would be recommended for a visa of ineligibility but the letter says otherwise. We have called every number possible and no one can help us. Has this happened to anyone else before. Many thanks in advance.
Unfortunately, yes it has happened before, hopefully those in the know can help you figure out your next step. What was his conviction for and how long ago was it?
Old Feb 4th 2022, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

sevorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Deleted Did not see where it said not recommend for waiver later in the letter

Last edited by sevorg; Feb 4th 2022 at 11:08 am.
Old Feb 4th 2022, 11:52 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
It looks like you're on the right thread (going on your subsequent post), you've just called it something else - it's a waiver of ineligibility rather than admin processing. So you're in the right place.

Unfortunately, yes it has happened before, hopefully those in the know can help you figure out your next step. What was his conviction for and how long ago was it?

he has been given 3 visas before 2 x 1 year and 1 x 5 year so we can’t understand why he has been given this letter.
his conviction was 16 years ago for theft from employer.
Old Feb 4th 2022, 12:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

he has been given 3 visas before 2 x 1 year and 1 x 5 year so we can’t understand why he has been given this letter.
his conviction was 16 years ago for theft from employer.
IIRC we had a similar case on the forum, the explanation was Trump & his tightening up of policies, maybe that's still the case. But hopefully the waiver pros will be along to help shortly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.