Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old May 11th 2017, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

NeverForget84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Hi all, I have been waiting for nearly months since my interview at the Consulate. As I had not heard anything I contacted the Consulate in March and was informed that the wait was for 8 months and my application was still waiting to be checked. As 8 months passed, I contacted the Consulate again last week. Today I got a response stating that I was sent the email asking for my passport in January and that because I had not responded I would have to log on online and proceed with my application, giving details for my proposed visit to the US and then wait again another 6 months! I have been checking my email like crazy ever since my interview and I have definitely not received this email. Also when I logged on online, I could only see details of my previous successful Waiver issued in 2015 and no trace of my existing application, let alone continue with it. My application on the ceac tracker website says my application has not been updated since the date of my interview last year. I replied back to the email I received today and they duly replied back stating that they can take my itinerary for my proposed visit via email. I provided them with these details but I am guessing I am going to be told I need to wait another six months? I was planning on going to the US in September this year, I'm guessing that I won't be now. If anyone can provide any advice or information then that would be brilliant. Thanks.
Old May 11th 2017, 9:09 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NeverForget84
Hi all, I have been waiting for nearly months since my interview at the Consulate. As I had not heard anything I contacted the Consulate in March and was informed that the wait was for 8 months and my application was still waiting to be checked. As 8 months passed, I contacted the Consulate again last week. Today I got a response stating that I was sent the email asking for my passport in January and that because I had not responded I would have to log on online and proceed with my application, giving details for my proposed visit to the US and then wait again another 6 months! I have been checking my email like crazy ever since my interview and I have definitely not received this email. Also when I logged on online, I could only see details of my previous successful Waiver issued in 2015 and no trace of my existing application, let alone continue with it. My application on the ceac tracker website says my application has not been updated since the date of my interview last year. I replied back to the email I received today and they duly replied back stating that they can take my itinerary for my proposed visit via email. I provided them with these details but I am guessing I am going to be told I need to wait another six months? I was planning on going to the US in September this year, I'm guessing that I won't be now. If anyone can provide any advice or information then that would be brilliant. Thanks.
This situation is unfortunate, but it's not the first time it has happened. I can remember at least one other instance being reported on here a couple of years back. Perhaps you could try searching back through this thread to try and find out what the outcome was back then (if any).
Old May 12th 2017, 8:17 am
Just Joined

Gemsincs is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All, my waits been 25 weeks + 1 day, I check every day hoping that there's a status change.. hopefully won't be too much longer. I feel like it's taking over my life lol.. I emailed yesterday but I probably won't get much of a reply. :-)
Old May 12th 2017, 8:20 am
KTG
Forum Regular

KTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gemsincs
Hi All, my waits been 25 weeks + 1 day, I check every day hoping that there's a status change.. hopefully won't be too much longer. I feel like it's taking over my life lol.. I emailed yesterday but I probably won't get much of a reply. :-)
How do I check the status please?

Thanks
Old May 12th 2017, 10:12 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KTG
How do I check the status please?

Thanks
You can check the status of your application on the CEAC website: https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/

If you applied in the UK, you can log back in to the website where you scheduled your interview appointment and check details of your case there as well: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/niv
Old May 18th 2017, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

Gemsincs is an unknown quantity at this point

I emailed Washington last week and got a reply yesterday basically saying your still in the queue and there Is no time limit to this..i already knew the answer but we live in hope lol
Old May 18th 2017, 2:40 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

There is absolutely no way to find out how long a waiver is going to take. For the US, it's a matter of national security. It'll take as long as it takes. For many years now I have maintained that people should not post their timelines because it gives false hope to others when yours goes through reasonably fast, or it makes other people feel worse for the same reason and they then start thinking that something is wrong with their application. The wheels of immigration turn slowly... but they do turn. I blame the Internet for the unrealistic expectation that everything happens quickly these days!

By the way, this isn't directed at anyone specifically - but at everyone who posts in this thread. Had most people not done something stupid when they were younger, they wouldn't now be in this situation.

I don't expect my position to be popular.

Ian
Old May 24th 2017, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

coatinginspection is just really nicecoatinginspection is just really nicecoatinginspection is just really nicecoatinginspection is just really nicecoatinginspection is just really nicecoatinginspection is just really nicecoatinginspection is just really nicecoatinginspection is just really nice

Attended Visa interview today in London. Was found inadmissible due to CIMT (gbh). All anticipated and no expectations of a Visa grant.

Glad the consular official has recommended me for a waiver and the current lead time on processing is 6 months.

I have a couple of questions though:

1). The official stated to me at the interview that "people in your circumstances would expect a 5 year Visa". I've read up a bit on this thread (been a few years!) and the trend looks like people are only being granted 1 year multiple entry on the waiver. Any people had 5 years or 10?

2). For anyone being granted a 1 year waiver on their first application, any success in having a longwe extension later down the line? I understand these are going to be highly specific to individual circumstance.

A couple of comments on the process today, as it has been 8 years since I last attended the US Embassy in London:

Despite general advice, you can take mobile phones and iPads in. No laptops though. This annoyed me as I'd left my 39 week pregnant wife holed up in a hotel waiting. The g4s girl on reception sent an email on my behalf though as the process was taking forever.

This time round I was on a V###. The queue was turning very slowly, only 1 person on the front kiosks (#1) and two people on the back kiosks. Narurally the interviews where taking much longer for those on "V". I arrived in the queue at 08:15 for the 08:30 appointment block. Had my first interaction at 10:10 and saw the second official at 11:55 for maybe 10 minutes. As before all polite, a little daunting, no documents requests other than my DS 160, ACPO cert and a supporting letter from employer (applied B1/B2 this time round). Was surprises they didnt want my VCU but she said all relevant info was on ACPO cert.

No refreshments available in the waiting room so be prepared for a long boring slog to be seen.

No depth or substance in the interview so it appeared the 2nd bloke was just lookin at it objectively.
Old May 24th 2017, 6:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coatinginspection
Despite general advice, you can take mobile phones and iPads in. No laptops though. This annoyed me as I'd left my 39 week pregnant wife holed up in a hotel waiting. The g4s girl on reception sent an email on my behalf though as the process was taking forever.
Not sure why you were confused because it clearly states this on the London Embassy website and has been mentioned in threads on BE many times.
Old May 24th 2017, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

coatinginspection is just really nicecoatinginspection is just really nicecoatinginspection is just really nicecoatinginspection is just really nicecoatinginspection is just really nicecoatinginspection is just really nicecoatinginspection is just really nicecoatinginspection is just really nice

Originally Posted by MidAtlantic
Not sure why you were confused because it clearly states this on the London Embassy website and has been mentioned in threads on BE many times.
Thanks for your input.
Old May 24th 2017, 7:24 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coatinginspection
Any people had 5 years or 10?
Many people have... a 5-year visa is quickly becoming the norm for all such waivers. You'll never get a 10-year visa... the maximum is restricted to 5 years when a waiver is involved.

Ian
Old May 24th 2017, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Many people have... a 5-year visa is quickly becoming the norm for all such waivers. You'll never get a 10-year visa... the maximum is restricted to 5 years when a waiver is involved.

Ian
Cheers Ian. That would save a lot of effort and financial outlay in future if I'm fortunate enough to bag a waiver.
Old May 31st 2017, 4:32 am
Just Joined

bigdave39 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have searched this thread quite extensively and I have not found any conclusive information about the process of applying for an H1B visa for temporary work in the US with a criminal record. Of course you will have to apply for a waiver but my question is is the processing time as long as the b1/b2 application?

If it takes 6 months then an employer may find this frustrating but do people have any information on internal company transfer, timings, and work in the US?

Thanks.
Old May 31st 2017, 4:38 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Currently taking a bit longer than 6 months, but if the Employer will wait...

L is for internal company transfers. Timing depends on your Employer.
Old May 31st 2017, 6:36 am
Just Joined

bigdave39 is an unknown quantity at this point

I see. So in your understanding is the process of an L1 Visa often more straightforward? I assume that being open and upfront with your company, as I would be, would allow them the opporutnity to say whether they can support or not.

Are you aware of sucessful L1 applications with a record and how they were processed?

Thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.