Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Apr 5th 2017, 6:52 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by Tambling
Thank you for replying, was worried because no way of telling if I have an application because of no reference number. Thanks.
If the consular official at your interview said you were being recommended for a waiver, then you do have an application in process.

Cases in London are currently taking a minimum of 18 weeks to be adjudicated, sometimes longer. You just need to sit back, relax and forget about it for now. The embassy will contact you when they have a decision on your case.
Old Apr 6th 2017, 4:52 am
Just Joined

Tambling is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
If the consular official at your interview said you were being recommended for a waiver, then you do have an application in process.

Cases in London are currently taking a minimum of 18 weeks to be adjudicated, sometimes longer. You just need to sit back, relax and forget about it for now. The embassy will contact you when they have a decision on your case.
Thank you.
Old Apr 9th 2017, 6:46 pm
Just Joined

bigdave39 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys,

This may sounds a little stupid seeing as people go to consulates commonly in Belfast and Dublin. But I live in Shanghai where there is a consulate. Of course many Chinese people get visas and travel to the states. Am I able to apply for a visa here? And does anyone have any experience of expat application with a waiver required in China or elsewhere?
Old Apr 9th 2017, 9:23 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bigdave39
Hey guys,

This may sounds a little stupid seeing as people go to consulates commonly in Belfast and Dublin. But I live in Shanghai where there is a consulate. Of course many Chinese people get visas and travel to the states. Am I able to apply for a visa here? And does anyone have any experience of expat application with a waiver required in China or elsewhere?

You can apply at any consulate within your country of residence.
Old Apr 9th 2017, 9:27 pm
Just Joined

mrkobain is an unknown quantity at this point

You will likely receive a 5 year multiple entry B1/B2, as that is now the default outcome for most applicants.
You were right, granted a 5 year multiple entry b1/b2 today, delighted!
Old Apr 10th 2017, 1:42 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by mrkobain
You were right, granted a 5 year multiple entry b1/b2 today, delighted!

Nice one. Good luck and enjoy your visits to the States.
Old Apr 12th 2017, 5:48 pm
Just Joined

JThomp15 is an unknown quantity at this point

Received our request for passport yesterday it took 18 wks 6 days to process from day of interview. Will be sending passport off today.
Old Apr 12th 2017, 8:12 pm
Account Closed

Just collected my passport from DX and, as expected, have been granted a multiple entry 5 year visa.

Now the trip planning can commence!
Old Apr 13th 2017, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

serenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond repute

Just collected my passport from DX and, as expected, have been granted a multiple entry 5 year visa.

Now the trip planning can commence!

Fantastic news. Enjoy using the visa
Old Apr 17th 2017, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

Peterdk has a reputation beyond reputePeterdk has a reputation beyond reputePeterdk has a reputation beyond reputePeterdk has a reputation beyond reputePeterdk has a reputation beyond reputePeterdk has a reputation beyond reputePeterdk has a reputation beyond reputePeterdk has a reputation beyond reputePeterdk has a reputation beyond reputePeterdk has a reputation beyond reputePeterdk has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys

Anyone who lives or comes frequently for work to the US with a NIV waiver who are a bit worried about the current rhetorics from the administration here? I have a 5 year waiver expiring in 2021 but I do need to renew my work permit end of next year.. it seems like the administration is most after illegal immigrants without documents, but their rhetoric is pretty direct in regards to all with a criminal conviction staying here I feel.. have anyone updates from the DHS when entering on their waiver if they face additional questioning etc. ? Thanks for sharing latest updates view of the new administration.
Old Apr 17th 2017, 1:21 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Peterdk
Hey guys

Anyone who lives or comes frequently for work to the US with a NIV waiver who are a bit worried about the current rhetorics from the administration here? I have a 5 year waiver expiring in 2021 but I do need to renew my work permit end of next year.. it seems like the administration is most after illegal immigrants without documents, but their rhetoric is pretty direct in regards to all with a criminal conviction staying here I feel.. have anyone updates from the DHS when entering on their waiver if they face additional questioning etc. ? Thanks for sharing latest updates view of the new administration.
Watching CNN at the moment and seems WW3 will happen so a waiver issue will be moot.
Old Apr 17th 2017, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

Peterdk has a reputation beyond reputePeterdk has a reputation beyond reputePeterdk has a reputation beyond reputePeterdk has a reputation beyond reputePeterdk has a reputation beyond reputePeterdk has a reputation beyond reputePeterdk has a reputation beyond reputePeterdk has a reputation beyond reputePeterdk has a reputation beyond reputePeterdk has a reputation beyond reputePeterdk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Watching CNN at the moment and seems WW3 will happen so a waiver issue will be moot.
Hi, not certain about your point, but yeah watching CNN gets you anxious with a lot of different issues. Just wondering if they are going to throw us all out soon.
Old Apr 17th 2017, 1:31 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, not certain about your point, but yeah watching CNN gets you anxious with a lot of different issues. Just wondering if they are going to throw us all out soon.
As far as deportations are concerned Trump seems not to be matching Obama so he will really have to up his game before that comes an issue.
Old Apr 17th 2017, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Boiler
As far as deportations are concerned Trump seems not to be matching Obama so he will really have to up his game before that comes an issue.
Let's keep our fingers crossed for that. Just here to do my work and enjoy life. Thanks for sharing thoughts
Old Apr 18th 2017, 12:21 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... it seems like the administration is most after illegal immigrants without documents, but their rhetoric is pretty direct in regards to all with a criminal conviction staying here I feel.
Perhaps this is a conversation best had in a different forum. I understand the two are linked, but your premise deals more with policy and less with waiver applications.

Ian

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.