Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Wikiposts

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Feb 2nd 2017, 10:14 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by westwise
Or perhaps he could just ask , and be offered advice , is that not the point of a discussion forum ?
Yes it is.

And that is why his questions have already been answered; by you, by me and by several other posters.
Old Feb 2nd 2017, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

SethFreakingRollins is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
Yes it is.

And that is why his questions have already been answered; by you, by me and by several other posters.
I apologise. But I'm guessing I'm not the first person to ask a question that's been asked before. But if people didn't ask questions this thread would only be about 10 posts long and wouldn't be as updated as regularly. I'm not trying to kick up a fuss but like the previous poster said, isn't a discussion the whole point of this thread?

Last edited by SethFreakingRollins; Feb 2nd 2017 at 10:30 pm.
Old Feb 2nd 2017, 10:56 pm
Just Joined

ontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond repute

Been to the embassy today and recommended for a 5 year visa. Last year I was given my first visa which was 1 year. Hopefully the dhs will agree with the recommendation.
Old Feb 2nd 2017, 11:08 pm
Just Joined

mrkobain is an unknown quantity at this point

Just went through immigration for the second time with waiver...brought to secondary, a couple of standard questions, how much money I had on me, where do I work and how long was I going for, then given the go ahead...in total it took a maximum of 15 mins
Old Feb 3rd 2017, 12:37 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SethFreakingRollins
I apologise. But I'm guessing I'm not the first person to ask a question that's been asked before. But if people didn't ask questions this thread would only be about 10 posts long and wouldn't be as updated as regularly. I'm not trying to kick up a fuss but like the previous poster said, isn't a discussion the whole point of this thread?
Periodically, I ask the moderator to archive the oldest posts in this thread because, as has been noted, the process has changed. So far, that hasn't happened. In light of this kerfuffle, perhaps everything prior to 2015 can be archived and the newer posts split off.

Ian
Old Feb 3rd 2017, 12:59 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ontherox
Been to the embassy today and recommended for a 5 year visa. Last year I was given my first visa which was 1 year. Hopefully the dhs will agree with the recommendation.
What was your experience of entering USA with your first Waiver?
Old Feb 3rd 2017, 1:01 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mrkobain
Just went through immigration for the second time with waiver...brought to secondary, a couple of standard questions, how much money I had on me, where do I work and how long was I going for, then given the go ahead...in total it took a maximum of 15 mins
Hopefully mine goes as smoothly. Not entered the US on my waiver yet but will be in 4 weeks time.
Old Feb 3rd 2017, 4:08 am
Just Joined

ontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SethFreakingRollins
What was your experience of entering USA with your first Waiver?
Originally Posted by ontherox
Not sure what you mean by conditions but as Ian says it is when you receive the visa you will find out the length of the visa.

For entry you will stand in the same queue as everyone else. I was and when I got to passport control was asked general questions as everyone is and had my fingerprints taken. But then was took to a second room full of other people. I know one guy was there because a number didn't match between passport and visa (don't think he was from an esta country).

I was only there about 15 mins tho. Wasn't asked any questions. Just given my passport back. I assume my visa was just double checked
Old Feb 9th 2017, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

James2014 is an unknown quantity at this point

Been busy so this is a bit of a delayed update, but I received my Passport back a couple of weeks ago and was granted a 5 year Visa with multiple entries.

My previous Visa in 2014, was a one year multiple entry Visa.

All in all, a good result, and a quicker process overall than 2014.
Old Feb 9th 2017, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

serenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by James2014
Been busy so this is a bit of a delayed update, but I received my Passport back a couple of weeks ago and was granted a 5 year Visa with multiple entries.

My previous Visa in 2014, was a one year multiple entry Visa.

All in all, a good result, and a quicker process overall than 2014.
Great news James x
Old Feb 10th 2017, 8:50 am
Just Joined

graham8219 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Picked up my 1st Visa today, 5 year multiple entry.

Just thought id share my timeline
[LIST][*]Interview in London 29 Sept '16[*]Email to send passport 1st February '17[*]Passport sent 2nd February '17[*]Passport collected from local DX Courier 10 Feb '17

Good luck to all awaiting.
Old Feb 11th 2017, 1:08 am
Forum Regular

serenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by graham8219
Hi all,

Picked up my 1st Visa today, 5 year multiple entry.

Just thought id share my timeline
[LIST][*]Interview in London 29 Sept '16[*]Email to send passport 1st February '17[*]Passport sent 2nd February '17[*]Passport collected from local DX Courier 10 Feb '17

Good luck to all awaiting.

Thank for sharing your news and timeline Graham.
Old Feb 17th 2017, 1:58 am
Forum Regular

ireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really nice

Hi All,

I just wanted to ask a quick question. We are thinking of going to florida again in 2018. So i know that with me having to get a B2 visa each time, and the length of time it takes for the visa to come back from DHS after being sent over for a waiver of ineligibility, ill be applying this may for my interview in london, and then it should come back around december.

However my passport expires next may 2018. So do i need to renew my passport now ready for when i apply this may 2017, or should i just renew my passport when it expires (may 2018) and take my old passport with me with my new visa in and my new passport?

Thanks for the advice in advance

Mark.
Old Feb 17th 2017, 2:28 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ireallywannago
... ill be applying this may for my interview in london, and then it should come back around december.
Good plan!

So do i need to renew my passport now ready for when i apply this may 2017, or should i just renew my passport when it expires (may 2018)...
I suggest you renew it when it expires and then travel with both passports. Much simpler I think.

Ian
Old Feb 17th 2017, 4:01 am
Forum Regular

ireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really nice

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Good plan!

I have listened to yours and other knowledge.

I suggest you renew it when it expires and then travel with both passports. Much simpler I think.

Ian
Cool thank you. I'll wait till next year then take the both passports with me.

Many thanks.

Mark.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.