Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Feb 19th 2017, 6:00 am
KTG
Forum Regular

KTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Anybody used Dublin pre-clearance with a waiver?

I know they process all visa's but reading their guide they say for US citizens and ESTA can you the self service kiosks for scanning fingers prints etc. I guess separate queue for others then and difference process?

Just wanted to know the process as nervous about getting seperated from husband and like to know what I could be faced with.
Old Feb 25th 2017, 4:27 am
Just Joined

mrkobain is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KTG
Anybody used Dublin pre-clearance with a waiver?

I know they process all visa's but reading their guide they say for US citizens and ESTA can you the self service kiosks for scanning fingers prints etc. I guess separate queue for others then and difference process?

Just wanted to know the process as nervous about getting seperated from husband and like to know what I could be faced with.
Yes I have been through twice, both times very smoothly, brought to secondary on both occasions for about 10-15 mins, asked some standard questions and sent on my way. Don't think you can check in at the kiosk initially but never tried either so not sure...expect questions like, how long are you going for, how much money have you on you and they might ask about the reason for having a waiver but think it's just a double check on the info you would have given during the interview process
Old Mar 4th 2017, 2:51 am
KTG
Forum Regular

KTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I have my interview at 8am on Monday. Can anyone advise what time I should get there for? Shall I just go and queue early?

Also bit confused about taking the 2x passport pics. Had an email to say only needed if the photo I uploaded was not ok, but this meet requirements when I submitted?

If I have 2 photos ready anyway but these are standard uk size and apparently that is not right. Where do I get there's done?

Finally can you take in water and snacks?

Thanks
Old Mar 4th 2017, 2:57 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KTG
Hi

I have my interview at 8am on Monday. Can anyone advise what time I should get there for? Shall I just go and queue early?

Also bit confused about taking the 2x passport pics. Had an email to say only needed if the photo I uploaded was not ok, but this meet requirements when I submitted?

If I have 2 photos ready anyway but these are standard uk size and apparently that is not right. Where do I get there's done?

Thanks
I wouldn't get there too early because you'll just be standing outside queueing. OK if you don't mind standing in line in all weathers.

You can get US size passport photos done at a lot of "PhotoMe" booths these days. Or you can get them at Gould's Pharmacy, just up the road from the embassy. Or there are two photo booths inside the embassy you can use (these are actually £1 cheaper than Gould's Pharmacy too).
Old Mar 4th 2017, 3:04 am
KTG
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
I wouldn't get there too early because you'll just be standing outside queueing. OK if you don't mind standing in line in all weathers.

You can get US size passport photos done at a lot of "PhotoMe" booths these days. Or you can get them at Gould's Pharmacy, just up the road from the embassy. Or there are two photo booths inside the embassy you can use (these are actually £1 cheaper than Gould's Pharmacy too).
Thanks very much. I will just her them in there
Old Mar 4th 2017, 3:08 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KTG
Thanks very much. I will just her them in there
As far as taking snacks and water inside goes, the embassy website says that only glass bottles are prohibited.

Bear in mind that there is no longer a kiosk inside the waiting area, so you can't buy anything to eat or drink once inside the building.
Old Mar 4th 2017, 10:02 pm
Just Joined

mrkobain is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KTG
Hi

Thanks
I had my interview at the same time and because I had to get to work after I decided to get there early and wait...I got there at 715 which was probably too early really, the next person arrived to the que around 730...but I got in and out first and there was a big que behind me when I was finishing up...personally I didn't mind waiting and getting it over with quickly...just bring an umbrella!
Old Mar 5th 2017, 2:05 am
Just Joined

amac320974 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Quick question. I finally got my visa in June, after waiting around 6 months from my London interview. I got a 5 year multiple entry visa.

Question is, can someone just clarify that this is all I need to travel? I don't need to fill in any additional forms, Like Esta etc? My travel agent suggested double checking as she thought some of the rules may have changed this year.

I'm travelling to Florida for a 2 week holiday 😊
Old Mar 5th 2017, 2:35 am
Forum Regular

ireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really nice

You don't need anything else. The esta is for people who don't need visa.
Old Mar 5th 2017, 2:40 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amac320974
My travel agent suggested double checking as she thought some of the rules may have changed this year.
The rules haven't changed for many years. Perhaps you need a new travel agent.

I'm travelling to Florida for a 2 week holiday 😊
The visa is all you need.

Ian
Old Mar 5th 2017, 3:50 am
Just Joined

SethFreakingRollins is an unknown quantity at this point

Using my waiver for the first time tomorrow. Travelling to New York with my wife and friends

Hopefully my experience goes as smoothly as everyone else's on here
Old Mar 5th 2017, 3:52 am
Just Joined

amac320974 is an unknown quantity at this point

Great, thanks for your prompt reply.

I've been told that once I arrive in America, I'll probably get "interrogated" as I'm traveling with a criminal conviction.

Is there any truth in this?

Surely since I've went through the proper process to get my visa I shouldn'thave too much hassle going through customs?
Old Mar 5th 2017, 5:35 am
Account Closed

Great, thanks for your prompt reply.

I've been told that once I arrive in America, I'll probably get "interrogated" as I'm traveling with a criminal conviction.

Is there any truth in this?

Surely since I've went through the proper process to get my visa I shouldn'thave too much hassle going through customs?
You are likely to be taken to secondary processing and asked some extra questions when you arrive. This could take anywhere from a few minutes up to an hour or more if the facility is busy and you have to wait to be seen.

Just think of it as an extension to the interview you had at the embassy, answer the questions truthfully and relax.
Old Mar 5th 2017, 6:54 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Probably true, yes.

Generally true. However, visas are issued by the US Department of State, and the CBP officer at the port of entry works for the US Department of Homeland Security. Two completely different agencies... therefore CBP conducts its own investigation on the spot. CBP are not obligated to abide by anything the DoS has done... which is why even if you have a visa, you can still be turned away at the border. The DoS is responsible for vetting people... the CBP is responsible for keeping non-US citizens out of the US.

Ian
Old Mar 5th 2017, 8:02 am
KTG
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mrkobain
I had my interview at the same time and because I had to get to work after I decided to get there early and wait...I got there at 715 which was probably too early really, the next person arrived to the que around 730...but I got in and out first and there was a big que behind me when I was finishing up...personally I didn't mind waiting and getting it over with quickly...just bring an umbrella!
Thanks. I just want it over now. Will they take my iPad and phone off me? If they do I assume I will get it back after?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.