Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Jan 3rd 2017, 2:24 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by KTG
... for the purposes of this form, does abuser mean the same as user?
No, it does not.

Ian
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 4:36 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by P72
All information inc dates, court etc were given too the embassy along with ACRO information.
And, it seems they want it again along with a sworn statement as to what happened.

... but more of a statement from my husband?
Correct.

Ian
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 7:57 pm
P72
Just Joined

P72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Would there be any reason at this late stage of waiver application, when DHS evaluate each case, that a waiver could be refused?

We were lead to believe that if the US Embassy in London passed you for a waiver then it was just the formality with DHS to process your application?
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

James2014 is an unknown quantity at this point

Email received asking requesting passport for visa issuance.
16 weeks and 2 days from my appointment at the London based embassy.

Much quicker & much easier than my first visa application, probably in part due to the fact that I knew what I was up against this time and had nothing pre-booked.

Right, time to look at US holidays now...
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 11:13 pm
KTG
Forum Regular

KTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by James2014
Email received asking requesting passport for visa issuance.
16 weeks and 2 days from my appointment at the London based embassy.

Much quicker & much easier than my first visa application, probably in part due to the fact that I knew what I was up against this time and had nothing pre-booked.

Right, time to look at US holidays now...
Great news - hope you get a 5 year one!
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 11:24 pm
Forum Regular

James2014 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KTG
Great news - hope you get a 5 year one!
Me too!

My previous visa was a 1 year (multiple entries) and the guy who interviewed me this time said he was proposing a 2 year (multiple entries) which was the best he could do under the circumstances.

He did say however that recently they have been granting visa durations in excess of what has been proposed by the embassy. Not sure if that was true, but fingers crossed.
Old Jan 4th 2017, 1:00 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by P72
Would there be any reason at this late stage of waiver application, when DHS evaluate each case, that a waiver could be refused?
Yes... and there is no such thing as a "late stage". For the DHS, each waiver application is brand new... although you, personally, may have been involved in the process for many months. By the way, it only takes a few minutes to approve/deny a waiver application. The many months of wait time is simply how long it takes for your application to come to the top of the pile.

We were lead to believe that if the US Embassy in London passed you for a waiver then it was just the formality with DHS to process your application?
It is, most certainly, not a formality. The DHS can deny the waiver for just about any reason they want in the interest of national security. However, in the vast majority of cases, if you are recommended for a waiver, you'll most likely get it.

Ian
Old Jan 4th 2017, 1:09 am
P72
Just Joined

P72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank You Ian. We have sent the requested information and hope that the waiver will be processed...fingers crossed.
Old Jan 8th 2017, 10:34 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by James2014
Me too!

My previous visa was a 1 year (multiple entries) and the guy who interviewed me this time said he was proposing a 2 year (multiple entries) which was the best he could do under the circumstances.

He did say however that recently they have been granting visa durations in excess of what has been proposed by the embassy. Not sure if that was true, but fingers crossed.
The FAM was revised within the last year or two and consulates are now routinely recommending 5 year waivers of ineligibility - even for first time applicants; so it will be interesting to see how your case turns out.
Old Jan 8th 2017, 11:02 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I posted a link to the changes at the end of last year on this thread.
Old Jan 9th 2017, 12:20 am
Forum Regular

Jo3ler is an unknown quantity at this point

What's up guys! I was approved for an ineligibility waiver around 18months ago and traveled to NYC & Connecticut last Feb which was awesome!

I was granted a 1 year multi entry visa previously which has now expired, now about to go through the process again but just moving house so waiting until that's sorted. Hopefully I can get another one, and perhaps even a longer one this time! Great to see some stories that the wait time has reduced, but I'm sure it changes all the time. Will post details of my application/interview and other dates should it be of interest to anyone.

Thanks & good luck to all who are waiting!
Old Jan 9th 2017, 3:31 am
Just Joined

mrkobain is an unknown quantity at this point

So I've been asked to go on a business trip in early February, my visa expires on the Feb 22nd but plan to be well back by then...will be traveling on a new passport and using the visa from my old one...have reapplied for my second waiver in the meantime in December so waiting on decision for that...my question is, would there be any reason to be refused entry so close to the expiry of my current visa and given the fact that I've reapplied for a visa, which shows as denied on the embassy website before I get a waiver decision?
Old Jan 9th 2017, 6:52 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by mrkobain
... would there be any reason to be refused entry so close to the expiry of my current visa...
If you are denied entry, it will have nothing whatsoever to do with the upcoming expiry of your current visa. So long as your current visa is valid you can travel to the US and seek permission to enter. As always, the CBP officer has complete discretion over whether or not to admit you.

... given the fact that I've reapplied for a visa, which shows as denied on the embassy website before I get a waiver decision?
This is irrelevant. You currently have a valid visa.

Ian
Old Jan 9th 2017, 6:55 am
Just Joined

mrkobain is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
If you are denied entry, it will have nothing whatsoever to do with the upcoming expiry of your current visa. So long as your current visa is valid you can travel to the US and seek permission to enter. As always, the CBP officer has complete discretion over whether or not to admit you.

This is irrelevant. You currently have a valid visa.

Ian
Ok thanks for the advice!
Old Jan 11th 2017, 12:21 am
Just Joined

Sarahculling is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, hoping for some advice, my partner went for his interview on Monday and was turnt down for a visa, the lady he saw said ' you have been denied a visa but may be eligible for a waiver of ineligibility ' she handed his paperwork back and that was that. My question is.. How do we know if she then applied for it or if she was just advising him that he may be eligible? No paperwork other then the sheet that underlines why he was denied was given to him. Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.