Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Oct 26th 2012, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

sue329 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

only 4 weeks till travel and they have had to go ahead and book....it's the lack of info/transparency and moving goalposts that are the the frustrating things....i had thought that once i finally got permission to email that things would move forward but apparently not.....looks like i'll be home alone
Old Oct 26th 2012, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

bubble123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well i really hope you hear soon.. 6 months is kinda 26 weeks anyway isnt it? where are your family going? i hope you hear in the next week or so, so you can book yourself up..
what are you going to do once you get the email? would you book before you get the visa back? in our past experience its taken 12 days from the day we recieve the email, courier arrives next day etc.. Im keeping my fingers crossed for you..
Old Oct 27th 2012, 2:11 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bubble123
what are you going to do once you get the email? would you book before you get the visa back? in our past experience its taken 12 days from the day we recieve the email, courier arrives next day etc..
The most cautious approach would be to wait until the passport and visa have been returned. That would be my advice. There's always a risk of the waiver decision being reversed or something untoward happening with the courier in the mean time.
Old Oct 27th 2012, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

Yeah i would certainley not make this mistake again.. You think when its the 4th time would be ok.. I have no idea why they have gone from 14 - 16 weeks to the now advised 6 months.. Its definatley safer to wait to book, i just wondered what she was going to do..
We`ll have to change our flights for a fee this time or loose all our money.. so thats what we will do this time..
Old Oct 31st 2012, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

Hi all, the plan was Orlando but it's now 27 weeks and still nothing....'sposed to travel in 3 weeks so it looks like I'm staying home....all that stress and money for nowt
I wouldn't dare book till the passport with visa was in my hand...can't afford to lose that sort of money!
Old Oct 31st 2012, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

I feel terrible for you.. I really hope it comes for you really soon!! Even if you could get a flight out there a few days later & come back on the same flight as your family.. well thats one option to consider.. Im keeping my fingers crossed still for you..
Old Oct 31st 2012, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the support x
Old Oct 31st 2012, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

No problem.. I know how you feel.. Ive resigned to the fact theres no way were going to be able to go.. we were due to travel 3 weeks saturday.. and were behind you on the waiting list!! Lol.. still what will be will be..
Old Oct 31st 2012, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

It would be really helpful if they could give accurate guidance on timescales wouldn't it!!
Old Oct 31st 2012, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah sure would.. In the past when ive emailed them they have allways said your husband will be notified nearer your intended date of travel which made me think they let us know about 1 - 2 months before we were due to go, this was the case on his last 3 applications.. regardless of when he applied.. this one though, has certainley opened my eyes more.. im thinking about sending him to apply for 2014 allready, Lol..
Old Nov 1st 2012, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

Finally got my email!!! Need to phone DX in the morning to collect. Do I need to put anything in the envelope....and do I just address it to the VPU??
8)
Old Nov 1st 2012, 9:28 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sue329
Finally got my email!!! Need to phone DX in the morning to collect. Do I need to put anything in the envelope....and do I just address it to the VPU??
8)
You don't need to do anything. The courier brings a plain envelope with them. You slip your passport inside, seal it up and hand it back to them. They do the rest.

Well done on finally getting the news you were after all this time.
Old Nov 1st 2012, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you 8)
Old Nov 1st 2012, 9:40 pm
Account Closed

The courier will also give you a receipt for your fee, which will have instructions on how to track your passport to/from the embassy while in transit.
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 5:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sue329
8)
Wow.. That is awesome news.. so pleased for you.. Orlando here you come!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.