Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Apr 18th 2012, 6:23 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by marbella-james
... what documents do i need to take with me at the interview.
You should take any document that demonstrates your need to leave the US when your visit is over... a letter from your employer with a specific date that you are expected to return, a copy of your lease or mortgage, and the like.

Ian
Old Apr 18th 2012, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

GinGino has a spectacular aura aboutGinGino has a spectacular aura aboutGinGino has a spectacular aura about

You would need lots of info to prove you have no reason to stay in USA. This could include mortgage details, bank accounts, proof of income and wage slips to prove you have a job etc...
Old Apr 18th 2012, 6:30 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marbella-james
Hi Guys, im new to the forum and have been reading this post with interest. I am in a similar position to some of you on here. Having had US visa´s before, i made the mistake of overstaying 2 weeks on my last one and foolishly walking in to customs to ask about it at the airport-the result was 3 weeks in a detention center and a VD. So now i need a wavier to go with the B1/B2 visa as advised by CBP in Rome; my question is this:-what documents do i need to take with me at the interview.
I live in spain and would be going back to the embassy in Madrid. I am also a UK passport holder.
Did you overstay a visa, or the VWP? Did you get voluntary departure, or a VWP Removal?

Unless it was a VWP Removal, I don't see why you would need a waiver for a 2 week overstay and a VD. You likely only need to convince them that you are a visitor and will not violate the rules again.
Old Apr 18th 2012, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

marbella-james is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by crg
Did you overstay a visa, or the VWP? Did you get voluntary departure, or a VWP Removal?

Unless it was a VWP Removal, I don't see why you would need a waiver for a 2 week overstay and a VD. You likely only need to convince them that you are a visitor and will not violate the rules again.
I overstayed a visa last july and i had to go see an immigration judge(bloomington, mn) after spending 2 weeks in a detention center. I was given a VD with a $500 bond(has never been returned) and of course i left well within the time given.
I´m not eligible for the VWP or ESTA. I was told by CBP in Rome that i needed an annotated wavier and all the research leads me to this.
Old Apr 18th 2012, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

GinGino has a spectacular aura aboutGinGino has a spectacular aura aboutGinGino has a spectacular aura about

Why did u have a visa if u have a british passport?

Do u have proof of strong ties to your country?
Old May 14th 2012, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

multiwick is an unknown quantity at this point

Can I just ask the people that have actually received their visas about the issue dates on them.
If you have waiting for 20+ weeks for the visa to come, is the visa issued from the date of your interview or from when they made the decision to give you one?
Thanks
Old May 14th 2012, 5:04 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by multiwick
Can I just ask the people that have actually received their visas about the issue dates on them.
If you have waiting for 20+ weeks for the visa to come, is the visa issued from the date of your interview or from when they made the decision to give you one?
Thanks
From the date they approve the visa....could be the date of your interview, could be a later date.

Rene
Old May 15th 2012, 4:37 am
Forum Regular

Ours was the date we recieved the email. Interview was sept but visa date is march.
Old May 29th 2012, 11:21 am
Just Joined

platypusfighter is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys!

Stumbled on this site looking for info on the Visa Waiver Of Ineligibility as I had an interview last Friday and was recommended for one and have read through the 10 pages, but still have some questions.

1. Am I correct in thinking that if you have 20-22 weeks it will take that amount of time and no earlier?

2. I havent got a reference number how do I get hold of one

3. Will they email me or write to me. The letter and consulate lady told me write to me in the post.

Many Thanks
Old May 29th 2012, 2:25 pm
Just Joined

Speedysteve is an unknown quantity at this point

I believe they will e-mail you if you provided details ( or at least that is what I was told by the consulate officer ) I was originally advised there would be a 16 week delay and am now into week 21, I did not recieve a reference number and I believe that is intentional so that they do not have everyone constantly phoning to chase the process up, it will happen when it happens and not a minute earlier...

My US attourney has a contact within the Waiver department and has been calling on a monthly basis the responce is alway "we have a large backlog, your case has not yet been adjudicated"

Any timescale you are given is a guideline and most likely an optomistic one.

As I suggested before don't make any plans till you have your visa in your hands otherwise you will probably be dissapointed..
Old May 29th 2012, 2:43 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by platypusfighter
I had an interview last Friday...
For what visa?

... and was recommended for one
Why do you need one?

Ian
Old May 29th 2012, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

It could potentially be earlier but probably won't be we were told 14 to 16 weeks and it took 25, they will not respond to any email or give you a reference until you have at least waited the length of time you have been told. You will be contacted by email, again we were told they would phone or write but they won't. The method of communication is email.
Good luck though
Old May 29th 2012, 4:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
For what visa?

Why do you need one?

Ian
It was for a B2 visa and a holiday to see an old friend who lives there.
Old May 29th 2012, 5:22 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by platypusfighter
It was for a B2 visa and a holiday to see an old friend who lives there.
Sorry, I wasn't asking why you needed the visa, but why you needed the waiver. Were you arrested for or do you have a conviction for a CIMT offense?

Ian
Old May 29th 2012, 5:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Sorry, I wasn't asking why you needed the visa, but why you needed the waiver. Were you arrested for or do you have a conviction for a CIMT offense?

Ian
Ah ok. Sorry. It was an arrest and charge and due to a conviction including Moral Turpitude...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.