Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Oct 19th 2012, 5:39 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by Cosmogal32
Hey,

Just a quick update to let you know visa received today, it's valid for 1 year with multiple entries.

I'm going to book holiday on Monday

Tracy
Great news for you, and thanks for letting us know.

Have a wonderful time in the US.
Old Oct 20th 2012, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

sue329 is an unknown quantity at this point

now that I have emailed the Londonconsular address anyone got any idea how long they will take to respond??
Old Oct 20th 2012, 3:31 pm
Just Joined

Cosmogal32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sue329
now that I have emailed the Londonconsular address anyone got any idea how long they will take to respond??
Hey sue,

I think I got a reply after 24 hours!

Tracy
Old Oct 24th 2012, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

Now 26 weeks ...... 5 working days since I emailed.....still nothing....
Old Oct 24th 2012, 6:11 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry you've had no news yet. It's tough trying to stay patient with all your plans on hold. Hope something comes through for you soon.
Old Oct 24th 2012, 11:18 pm
Just Joined

Craig5789 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

I'm hoping to travel to New York for a week for with my girlfriend next December. I'm eligible for the VWP, however, my girlfriend has 2 minor theft convictions from 2010 (no jail time, just small fines).

As this counts as a CIMT, I'm guessing she would have a visa application rejected & need to apply for a visa ineligibility waiver. Does anybody know if she would be granted this? Or should we just drop the idea?

Thanks
Craig
Old Oct 24th 2012, 11:22 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Craig5789
Hi guys,

I'm hoping to travel to New York for a week for with my girlfriend next December. I'm eligible for the VWP, however, my girlfriend has 2 minor theft convictions from 2010 (no jail time, just small fines).

As this counts as a CIMT, I'm guessing she would have a visa application rejected & need to apply for a visa ineligibility waiver. Does anybody know if she would be granted this? Or should we just drop the idea?

Thanks
Craig
Convictions in 2010 may be too soon for the waiver to be approved. The person needs a significant period of time where she is off probation or similar in order to show that she has been rehabilitated. Unless there is no other place to visit, I'd wait a few more years.

Last edited by crg; Oct 24th 2012 at 11:25 pm.
Old Oct 24th 2012, 11:23 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Craig5789
Does anybody know if she would be granted this?
I know that if she never applies for the visa, she'll never find out whether or not she can get a waiver. Other than time/money, there's almost nothing to lose by trying.

Ian
Old Oct 25th 2012, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

bubble123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Normally they would have replied by now, did you put the CIU code in the subject line?
Hope you have some good news soon.. Were approaching week 20 & are due to travel in 4 weeks!!
We shall hold out for a miracle in the next few weeks.. Then i will cancel our hotel & change our flights..
Old Oct 25th 2012, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

I did.... And I got the confirmation email....I phoned and it could be upto 10 working days for them to reply....rest of family have now booked without me
Old Oct 26th 2012, 4:26 am
Forum Regular

Oh no thats horrible!! I really hope you hear something soon.. I know its what we have to do but i really do think this wait time is way too long.. but we wait it as we love going, just one of those things i guess.. keep us posted..
I want to change our flights now as im not really excited anymore as i have convinced myself we will not be able to go this time.. but you know where you have that feeling if i do we will get the email.. Lol..
Old Oct 26th 2012, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

Reply email.....your case is still under review....currently taking 6 months ....but no timescale can be guaranteed.....
Old Oct 26th 2012, 12:57 pm
Account Closed

Reply email.....your case is still under review....currently taking 6 months ....but no timescale can be guaranteed.....
Probably not the news you wanted, but at least you have an answer now.
Old Oct 26th 2012, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

Ive just got the same.. 6 months.. oh well give it a few more weeks & i will change our flights..
when do your family travel sue?
Old Oct 26th 2012, 6:00 pm
Just Joined

Switch486 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone
Just joined this forum in the hope to understand this Visa process we have to go through if you need a waiver of ineligibility. I had absolutely no idea it would take this long and have learnt a lesson never to take things for granted and not to have any expectations as it only leads to frustration.

I'm currently applying for a H1b visa and now into week 26 after being told it would take weeks not months when I had the interview back in the beginning of May. Although on the paper it told me 20-22 weeks.
The frustrating thing is, I already had a year left on my L1 blanket Visa and only came back to upgrade after living there for 2 years I was never told of my permanent inadmissibility originally when I applied! And so foolishly moved over there kitchen sink and all.
The expectation to think it would be a quick stamp and go was wrong. I still have a car,apartment, bills, still coming out and now a very disgruntled company wondering what the hell is going on as I can't come back to the states without a visa.
Looking at all the posts has given me some hope as I know I'm not on my own and is another lesson to get yourself well informed before you apply.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.