Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Nov 15th 2012, 4:25 am
Forum Regular

bubble123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Yeah sounds about right.. who are you flying with?
Old Nov 15th 2012, 4:28 am
Forum Regular

sue329 is an unknown quantity at this point

virgin is the plan!
Old Nov 15th 2012, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

Ive rang them this week & changed our flights as there was no hope for us to make our flight..
It`ll be worth every minute once you have your visa back & can book.. Its just a shame you cant enjoy the excitement of looking forward to it as much as others..
you know about once you land you normally go off in to another room to be questioned dont you? i wouldnt want you to worry, as this appears to be normal with waivers..
Old Nov 15th 2012, 6:17 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bubble123
you know about once you land you normally go off in to another room to be questioned dont you? i wouldnt want you to worry, as this appears to be normal with waivers..
Secondary processing.
Old Nov 15th 2012, 6:21 am
Forum Regular

Yes thats the one.. i must say i was glad i knew of it before we arrived, otherwise i would have worried what was going on, lol..
Old Nov 15th 2012, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

sue329 is an unknown quantity at this point

No I didn't! How long does that take? Thanks for the warning tho
Old Nov 15th 2012, 7:59 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sue329
No I didn't! How long does that take? Thanks for the warning tho
Secondary processing at the POE can take as little as 10 minutes or as much as 2 hours...just no way of knowing in advance. Depends how many people are ahead of you, how fast they are processing each person, how complicated your case is, etc. I'd say about half an hour to an hour is reasonable.

Rene
Old Nov 15th 2012, 10:02 am
Just Joined

Cosmogal32 is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't know about that either! Glad I do now.

Am travelling with my little girl though, do you know if they will allow her to stay with me?

sue I hope you get your passport back soon.

Tracy

Last edited by Noorah101; Nov 15th 2012 at 11:44 am.
Old Nov 15th 2012, 11:44 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cosmogal32
I didn't know about that either! Glad I do now.

Am travelling with my little girl though, do you know if they will allow her to stay with me?
Yes, she will stay with you.

Rene
Old Nov 15th 2012, 7:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Yes, she will stay with you.

Rene
That's a relief, thank you was starting to panic. We go in 3 weeks can't wait to just get there now.

Tracy
Old Nov 16th 2012, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

Ah im glad i mentioned it now.. I was happy i knew about it when we arrived otherwise that short while waiting would be horrible wondering whats going on..
We have never waited long, id average it on 10 - 15 minutes each time.. they have only ever asked the same as at immigration desk aswell.. I have allways stayed with my husband except in arrival at LAX i had to wait outside.. All good though..
I hope you all have fab holidays!! Im now counting down the new weeks to ours..
Old Nov 16th 2012, 8:05 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Ah im glad i mentioned it now.. I was happy i knew about it when we arrived otherwise that short while waiting would be horrible wondering whats going on..
We have never waited long, id average it on 10 - 15 minutes each time.. they have only ever asked the same as at immigration desk aswell.. I have allways stayed with my husband except in arrival at LAX i had to wait outside.. All good though..
At Houston the actual secondary processing itself only took about 15 minutes but I had to wait 25 minutes beforehand and this was on top of the 1 hour queue at the immigration desk immediately after a 10 hour flight!
Old Nov 16th 2012, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

Wow.. Like you say everyone is different.. I wasnt counting the time queueing before hand just in the room.. To be fair were allways off the plane pretty quick as we normally purchase the exit seats right by the doors..(for the legroom not to get of quick, lol) and on our way to san fran last year we got to sit in the bubble.. so again we were some of the first ones off.. I cant think that we have ever waited over an hour in total.. To be honest im just happy were there!!
Old Nov 16th 2012, 8:24 am
Just Joined

Thank you for the info, it's so scary not knowing what will happen, so it's refreshing to hear other people experiences.

I'm going with my mum, dad and my daughter so am hoping we can stay together as worrying I will lose them (I'm such a worrier lol)

Like you say I will just be so pleased to finally get there, it's a surprise for my little one, she will be so excited when she knows where we are going

Hope you have a fab time too
Old Nov 16th 2012, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

We stayed together when we arrived in orlando.. they just stamped me in at the desk then they said to my husband you need to be processed through there.. someone came & took his passport & walked us down.. sat in a room for a few minutes & then another immigration official came & said come through.. i said shall i come or wait here? he laughed & said come, wait whichever.. so i went.. Lol.. I like to know whats happening.. You can pretty much see the baggage claim area from where you are anyway.. so you wouldnt loose your parents if they wanted to collect the suitcases..
I know everyones experiences are different. I just like to share ours. I have allways found them to be nice. Also dont forget as your arriving on a visa you need to fill out the white form.. I-94 i think.. The lady at check in didnt realise my husband was travelling on a visa last time & he needed to fill one out for arrival.. Dont want you to get to immigration & not have it.. as you worry like me!! & then you will do the customs form 1 per family..

Last edited by bubble123; Nov 16th 2012 at 8:47 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.