Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Nov 16th 2012, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

bubble123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Yeah it makes sense.. You`ll have such a lovely time & the parks will all be decorated for christmas.. Im excited for you!! Lol.. I hope my husbands visa arrives in time for ours.. We were due to travel 1 week today but ive changed it now.. So im on with the new countdown!! Lol..
Old Nov 17th 2012, 12:37 am
Just Joined

Cosmogal32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bubble123
Yeah it makes sense.. You`ll have such a lovely time & the parks will all be decorated for christmas.. Im excited for you!! Lol.. I hope my husbands visa arrives in time for ours.. We were due to travel 1 week today but ive changed it now.. So im on with the new countdown!! Lol..
Thank you

What's your new date? Got my fingers crossed for you
Old Nov 17th 2012, 12:54 am
Forum Regular

March 1st.. I tried for later but our tickets expire & we have to be back in the uk by 17th.. Gives us an extra 15 weeks..
Old Nov 17th 2012, 1:03 am
Just Joined

March 1st.. I tried for later but our tickets expire & we have to be back in the uk by 17th.. Gives us an extra 15 weeks..
That's not too much longer, march will come before you know it

How long has it been since his interview?
Old Nov 17th 2012, 2:48 am
Forum Regular

23 weeks tomorrow.. I really hope it comes in time..
Old Nov 17th 2012, 6:08 am
Just Joined

23 weeks tomorrow.. I really hope it comes in time..
I'm sure it will, mine was 26 weeks and then about 10 days after I sent passport back, so you will be ok I recon
Old Nov 17th 2012, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

sue329 is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine was 27 weeks till the email...and my passport has been gone 13 days...will let u know when it arrives back. The website currently states 4 days for issuing the visa but they have had mine at least 9...you should be safe for March though
Old Nov 17th 2012, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

ooh i really hope so.. I hope you get yours back asap for your holiday sue..
Old Nov 19th 2012, 3:12 am
Forum Regular

TranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond repute

Am I reading this correct? You guys have been waiting 26 weeks from date of interview for the Waiver email to send off passport?

If that the current time im standing to lose a few thousand (again).....

2 years ago 6 week
last year 16 weeks.

Now 26? Wow they need to sort that out.
Old Nov 19th 2012, 3:33 am
Forum Regular

Well were at week 23.. Lol.. But advisory is 6 months.. so still 3 more weeks for us
when do you travel?
Old Nov 19th 2012, 3:39 am
Forum Regular

TranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond repute

More like when "would" I have travelled.

Flight booked April 13th. My logic was 6 then 16 weeks on previous 2 applications would leave plenty of time.

Still not sure why I applied logic to them, there is none. If there was any they would realise someone who has had a visa 2 times previously and the criminal record is exactly the same as previous should not need a referral to DHS.....
Old Nov 19th 2012, 4:30 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TranceMaster

Flight booked April 13th. My logic was 6 then 16 weeks on previous 2 applications would leave plenty of time.

Still not sure why I applied logic to them, there is none. If there was any they would realise someone who has had a visa 2 times previously and the criminal record is exactly the same as previous should not need a referral to DHS.....
You screwed yourself over, just the same as a few other people here have done. The guidelines state don't book anything until you definitely have a visa in your passport.

I suggest you read this: http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/87150.pdf
Old Nov 19th 2012, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

sue329 is an unknown quantity at this point

well apparently my passport took from the 5th till the 7th to arrive at the embassy...despite the website saying 4 days for the embassy to issue I have just spoken to them and it can take 10 working days...they were closed on the 12th?? so that doesn't count...that gives them till the 21st plus one day to deliver it back according to dx...and that's the day i'm supposed to fly....i've never experienced anything so expensive or misleading as this process not to mention stressful grrrr
Old Nov 19th 2012, 4:49 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sue329
well apparently my passport took from the 5th till the 7th to arrive at the embassy...despite the website saying 4 days for the embassy to issue I have just spoken to them and it can take 10 working days...they were closed on the 12th?? so that doesn't count...that gives them till the 21st plus one day to deliver it back according to dx...and that's the day i'm supposed to fly....i've never experienced anything so expensive or misleading as this process not to mention stressful grrrr
You'll know better next time though. Never believe anything on the website. And don't go by the previous experiences of yourself or other people. The process takes as long as it takes. Simple as that.
Old Nov 19th 2012, 5:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TranceMaster

Yes i guess. can you change your flight? You never know things may change.. As other people say one application is different to the next.. We all make mistakes in thinking things will be ok..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.