Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Let's talk about cars

Let's talk about cars

Old Oct 10th 2013, 1:43 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's talk about cars

Originally Posted by Bob
My mum is mates with the husband who was lead designer of the Civic R Type a few years back and you'd never believe he'd designed a boy racer. Was the definition of a tweed wearing Don type person
Did you never see Jim Marshall? You'd never have imagined what the man behind "the Marshall stack" looked like.
Old Oct 10th 2013, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Jonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
My mum is mates with the husband who was lead designer of the Civic R Type a few years back and you'd never believe he'd designed a boy racer. Was the definition of a tweed wearing Don type person

Those were the bane of our club for a while.
A damn good car but cheap enough so a lot of the saxo/nova boys could upgrade to one and bring that same philosophy with them.
Shame as the Breadvan itself was and still is a good car.
Luckily those same kids have grown up and matured for the most part.
Now they blend in with all us other grandparenty type Honda drivers.
Old Oct 10th 2013, 12:31 pm
Fort Collins, Colorado

yukichon will become famous soon enoughyukichon will become famous soon enough

Does anyone have experience of the 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee as the wife has shown an interest in them?
Old Oct 10th 2013, 12:35 pm
Mions' a point.

MostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond repute

I worked with a company that supplied parts to Chevy, there were having a problem, the metal bit that goes under the front door window sills was too similar between the coupe and sedan, they wanted them color coded. The manager says 'Oh we can do it, but it'll be expensive' with a very sneaky look on his face

An acquaintance of mine runs a very large online Acura parts store. He said, the Japanese cars have high tolerances and spec many parts for 300k miles, but they don't take abuse - don't tow etc. Whereas 'domestic' vehicles may not be spec'd for 300k but often have greater overall strength.

Pete
Old Oct 10th 2013, 1:57 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
a motorized cardboard box Citroen 2CV. We went over to talk to the driver, and it was in immaculate condition, an '83, which he had imported from France seven years ago.
Guy I worked for in the late 80s had one, but when he ran out of garage space and the next oddity came along, it was gone.
Old Oct 10th 2013, 2:12 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

So my MX-5 has appeared for sale now.

I thought Carfax was meant to be a great tool for buying a car. I guess not because the one shown for my (ex) car is bollocks.

Old Oct 10th 2013, 2:21 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Citroen 2CV.
I used to date a girl with one of those....nice and curvy, not fast, but got you where you wanted to be, not very sophisticated, but great fun and awesome with the top open.
Old Oct 10th 2013, 2:22 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
I used to date a girl with one of those....nice and curvy, not fast, but got you where you wanted to be, not very sophisticated, but great fun and awesome with the top open.
Old Oct 10th 2013, 2:25 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Did you never see Jim Marshall? You'd never have imagined what the man behind "the Marshall stack" looked like.
He looks exactly how I expect him to look like. All those great British amps, the Marshalls and the VOX AC30 were all designed by engineers, so I'd never expect them to look like The Who
Old Oct 10th 2013, 2:27 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, a lot of girls are that way.

Regards, JEff
Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
... not very sophisticated, but great fun and awesome with the top open.
Old Oct 10th 2013, 2:39 pm
Rootbeeraholic

Bink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yukichon
Does anyone have experience of the 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee as the wife has shown an interest in them?
Firm ride. They're a lot better quality than they used to be on the interior though, especially the higher end models (overland etc)
Old Oct 10th 2013, 2:47 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

I am picking up my new wheels Friday a 2008 Range Rover sport supercharged...not for everyone but I think I will have some fun in it!
Old Oct 10th 2013, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
I am picking up my new wheels Friday a 2008 Range Rover sport supercharged...not for everyone but I think I will have some fun in it!
Congrats.
Old Oct 10th 2013, 2:55 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek
Congrats.
Thanks hun...been looking for months for the right one, won't be smiling when I am filling the tank up
Old Oct 10th 2013, 2:55 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
You'll be opening the bonnet a lot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.