Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Old Jul 4th 2008, 12:35 pm
Banned

JAG SIDHU has a spectacular aura aboutJAG SIDHU has a spectacular aura aboutJAG SIDHU has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

It's 2.30am and I've just rolled in, I'm chilling with a glass of Rioja. Just like to say thank you to everybody for the good wishes.

To those of you who have been down for a bite to eat or a drink thank you for your support and I am glad that you enjoyed yourselves. I look forward to meeting many more from the forum. If you can't see me when you come in, I'll probably be in the kitchen pulling my hair out (or the cook's).

But seriously, your patience is very much appreciated during this teething period.

Once again thanks for all your good wishes and support.
Old Jul 4th 2008, 9:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by JAG SIDHU
It's 2.30am and I've just rolled in, I'm chilling with a glass of Rioja. Just like to say thank you to everybody for the good wishes.

To those of you who have been down for a bite to eat or a drink thank you for your support and I am glad that you enjoyed yourselves. I look forward to meeting many more from the forum. If you can't see me when you come in, I'll probably be in the kitchen pulling my hair out (or the cook's).

But seriously, your patience is very much appreciated during this teething period.

Once again thanks for all your good wishes and support.
Hi Jag,
See your still working the long hours,we asked our friends to pop in this week hope they said hello?, Joey n Michelle.

Here's some pics from the football final night.

Cheers Ken.
Attached Thumbnails COSTA ESURI  - AYAMONTE-appt-014.jpg   COSTA ESURI  - AYAMONTE-appt-015.jpg   COSTA ESURI  - AYAMONTE-appt-016.jpg   COSTA ESURI  - AYAMONTE-appt-017.jpg   COSTA ESURI  - AYAMONTE-appt-020.jpg  

Old Jul 4th 2008, 10:32 pm
Banned

John and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi all,

Has anyone seen any golf played on the new course yet I believe it opened on Thursday and there is a competition played today. Anybody over there with a camera could take some picies and post them on here please!
We got back on Tuesday after a very hot but extreamly pleasant 10 day break. 35+ degrees in the shade every day, so a bit hot for Golf.

The second course is open to members on Tuesday's, Thursdays & Saturdays, but these days can change at short notice. We managed to borrow a buggy and take a drive round Golf II and took plenty of photos. As you will see from the photos, there are more horses playing the course than humans!!

1st time uploading photos, so here goes...
Attached Thumbnails COSTA ESURI  - AYAMONTE-spain-june-08-040.jpg   COSTA ESURI  - AYAMONTE-spain-june-08-041.jpg   COSTA ESURI  - AYAMONTE-spain-june-08-055.jpg   COSTA ESURI  - AYAMONTE-spain-june-08-056.jpg   COSTA ESURI  - AYAMONTE-spain-june-08-063.jpg  

Old Jul 4th 2008, 10:36 pm
Banned

John and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud of

Well that seemed to work OK so here are a few more...
Attached Thumbnails COSTA ESURI  - AYAMONTE-spain-june-08-067.jpg   COSTA ESURI  - AYAMONTE-spain-june-08-068.jpg   COSTA ESURI  - AYAMONTE-spain-june-08-072.jpg  
Old Jul 4th 2008, 10:40 pm
Banned

And a few more...

Oh and forgot to mention..from what I saw, you will need plenty of spare balls to get round this one. This takes target golf to another level....??

Enjoy!!
Attached Thumbnails COSTA ESURI  - AYAMONTE-spain-june-08-073.jpg   COSTA ESURI  - AYAMONTE-spain-june-08-074.jpg   COSTA ESURI  - AYAMONTE-spain-june-08-077.jpg  
Old Jul 4th 2008, 11:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

marisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teed Up
Hi Marisol,
John did mention he had met up and said how nice you were.
Not sure were your place is in the photo have some more though so might have taken a picture of your place by mistake,are you near John?
Hi Teed Up
We, Fer and me, had a very very good time with Kim & Nigel and Jon & Catherine. We really enjoyed that day and I am looking forwards to meeting all again and share another bottle of wine
My house is very near John, is just in front of him.
regards,
marisol
Old Jul 4th 2008, 11:27 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teed Up
Fadesa are having a launch of the new commercial centre at the golf clubhouse 11 July,so presume its still on target to open this year?.

welldone Spain was out for all the games fantastic atmosphere (except the night we watched the second half in the club house they turned the tv off at 10.30 even though the game went to extra time and penalties),it seems odd that even now in the summer they still want to shut early missing out on good business?.

Hi to Jag/John Bxl and ears who we met by chance while out there all great company and really enjoyed the nights spent in bar street, taxi's are no problem its 10 euro's into town and can get one home upto about 3 in the morning!!.

We were there for 10 days this time and it was fantastic weather unreal the place just keeps getting better.we overlook the new East course so seen quite a few playing looks very good bit to hot for golf though.

They were bringing some pipeline into the site from the shed end work still going on its a big job temp lights at either end not sure what its for though?.

Took some pics of various things on CE so enjoy.

Thanks 'Teed up' for all the time together last week and also for putting up with our 'lads weekend' as well.... it was great to meet you both. Looks like you got home safely....

We had a great time and the atmosphere of Spain winning both the Semis and final was fantastic and added a great cherry on the cake for our annual lads get together.

Id like to recommend a good place to eat as well. its the beach next to Praia Verde that everyone knows. Praia Verde is excellent of course, but if you want a bit more down to earth eating, there are 2 restos on the beach there. Sem Espinhas and O pescador. Sem's weve tried several times and get great service right on the beach... Next week we try O pescador. Take the 2nd exit after the bridge direction Monte Gordo. At the main road T junction turn left. Pass Praia verde on the right, and take the NEXT right towards Cabeco signposted on a brown sign. Keep going straight following the red/blue Sem Espinhas signs, even when the road gets rough in a development.. keep on the road till you get to the beach....

Back to the footie, we saw the semis with Teed-up in Jags great new place. But the final had to be in a local Spanish bar - where we got early to get a place. What a laugh we had, and no trouble at all - just a lot of people having fun.

See photo's...

Weather fantastic, hot but there is often a breeze/wind that helps.. and great food in Spain/Portugal.

Having a blast here and I think it can only get better over the next few years, even with the recession

Regards
Jon

PS sorry for any portugesew mis-spellings
Attached Thumbnails COSTA ESURI  - AYAMONTE-1st-half-lads-0608-51-.jpg   COSTA ESURI  - AYAMONTE-2nd-half-lads-0608-56-.jpg   COSTA ESURI  - AYAMONTE-2nd-half-lads-0608-73-.jpg   COSTA ESURI  - AYAMONTE-2nd-half-lads-0608-75-.jpg   COSTA ESURI  - AYAMONTE-2nd-half-lads-0608-77-.jpg  

Old Jul 4th 2008, 11:36 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fortaleza
It's Puerta Nueva on c/ Medico Rey Garcia, the street with the theatre, market and where the old Port Tavern used to be.

The bar used to be a cerveceria with beer taps on every table. These are now gone as he needed the room. Well worth the visit, and by his own admission, he's starting slow so as to build up the menu to what he wants. However, if that's the quality of a 'slow' start, I can't wait to see it when it's firing on all cylinders.

He will soon be doing deliveries which is good news.
Id like to add my recommendation for Jags new bar/resto.

The curries are genuine Indian curries made from his mum-in-law's recipes. You should also try the samosas and chana as well...

He also keeps a Spanish Tapas menu to keep a good mix of locals as well..

Also the cooks are morrocan - Jag tried the lunches they made for themselves and realised that they should also be on the menu.. so he plans a dailyu morrocan special as well... Im the first for a good lamb tajine, loads of garlic and tomato.... hmmmmmmmmmm!

Hes in start up phase about to launch a new menu and soon a take away too.... Im sure all will work out well.

I was also priviledged to meet his family there too so had a very pleasant evening over beer and curry over there....

Good luck Jag + see you soon, thanks

Jon
Old Jul 4th 2008, 11:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

marisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Thanks 'Teed up' for all the time together last week and also for putting up with our 'lads weekend' as well.... it was great to meet you both. Looks like you got home safely....

We had a great time and the atmosphere of Spain winning both the Semis and final was fantastic and added a great cherry on the cake for our annual lads get together.

Id like to recommend a good place to eat as well. its the beach next to Praia Verde that everyone knows. Praia Verde is excellent of course, but if you want a bit more down to earth eating, there are 2 restos on the beach there. Sem Espinhas and O pescador. Sem's weve tried several times and get great service right on the beach... Next week we try O pescador. Take the 2nd exit after the bridge direction Monte Gordo. At the main road T junction turn left. Pass Praia verde on the right, and take the NEXT right towards Cabeco signposted on a brown sign. Keep going straight following the red/blue Sem Espinhas signs, even when the road gets rough in a development.. keep on the road till you get to the beach....

Back to the footie, we saw the semis with Teed-up in Jags great new place. But the final had to be in a local Spanish bar - where we got early to get a place. What a laugh we had, and no trouble at all - just a lot of people having fun.

See photo's...

Weather fantastic, hot but there is often a breeze/wind that helps.. and great food in Spain/Portugal.

Having a blast here and I think it can only get better over the next few years, even with the recession

Regards
Jon

PS sorry for any portugesew mis-spellings
Hi Jon!!!!
I saw you in one of the pictures and you looked very fanny, like always.
Un abrazo muy fuerte
marisol
Old Jul 5th 2008, 12:04 am

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by marisol
Hi Jon!!!!
I saw you in one of the pictures and you looked very fanny, like always.
Un abrazo muy fuerte
marisol
I think you may want to check your spelling Marisol!
Old Jul 5th 2008, 12:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Same Difference
I think you may want to check your spelling Marisol!

Thank you Sam Difference
I just wanted to say funny
I am always putting my foot in it
I hope Jon has understood what i really wanted to say and forgive me
sorry Jon
Old Jul 5th 2008, 12:58 am
BE Positive

Thank you Sam Difference
sorry Jon
Hi Marisol

Is that whats called a 'Fredian Slip' Ive been called many things but never that - had a good laugh when I saw that!

Its too hot in Madrid Marisol, you both should be here having that bottle of wine at our place, this time. Kim and Nigel will be here soon as well..

Hope you are well
Jon
Old Jul 5th 2008, 1:15 am

Thank you Sam Difference
sorry Jon
You didnt put your foot in it at all Marisol and I bet you brought a few smiles to peoples faces when they read your post
Old Jul 5th 2008, 2:11 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Same Difference
You didnt put your foot in it at all Marisol and I bet you brought a few smiles to peoples faces when they read your post
That was nearly as good as misspelling the Spanish word for chicken .
Old Jul 5th 2008, 2:18 am

Originally Posted by jdr
That was nearly as good as misspelling the Spanish word for chicken .

I sent Marisol karma for her spelling mistake cos I didnt half laugh when I read her post!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.