Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

I think today I've gone 'troppo' - help!

I think today I've gone 'troppo' - help!

Old Mar 29th 2013, 4:02 pm
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I think today I've gone 'troppo' - help!

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
So glad we found each other too! Hope we all get to meet someday. Can you imagine us lot taking over a pub for the night
You know I fully intend to on my travels round the UK - taking over a pub??!! Sounds brill, I can just see we are going to get on famously ha ha ha!!!

That's fantastic re your daughter, so young yet so much potential, she sounds like she's got a good head on her shoulders! I'm sure she is going to do very well for herself
Old Mar 29th 2013, 9:12 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Miss Betty, bless your little cotton socks! Thank you so much. We are proud of her, and she is graduating Magna Cum Laude (also known as high honours when it's at home). She is getting a BA in Psychology, with a minor in Child Development, then going on to get a nursing degree so she can work in neo-natal care, preferably in an underdeveloped country. And she's only 21

He can stuff it. I don't really have much contact with him and his permanently sour-puss-faced wife, just obligatory stuff because we are "family." I have a better relationship with other family members, so I do think I will cut him loose and just tell the others when we are visiting. He's bound to find out and will be left scratching his head as to why we didn't let him know

Congratulations and well done to your daughter. You must be so proud of her.
Old Mar 29th 2013, 9:13 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kampaicharger
As I write this, I am looking at a plaque on the wall of my house that says:

"Friends welcome anytime, relatives by appointment"

Congrats to your daughter!!!
Brilliant!
Old Mar 30th 2013, 12:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone. Cheered me up no end. I think we all have some good friends here
Old Mar 30th 2013, 12:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
I wouldn't know where to start lol. It's more soap opera material lol
Oh go on, we all like stories around here
Old Mar 30th 2013, 12:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Snap Shot
What a rude pig. That's him not you ! He's going to some lengths to not give you his address. I'm almost embarrassed for him. Scan and send it anyway as technically he's asked for it but your strategy of, 'you know, I really can't do this anymore' would be a good one to follow.

Back to thread proper Plus some for you both. (Please just see it as cake even though it's not either of your birthdays) Whadya mean cake never solved anything. Have some more, you've got no staying power !
Thank you Snap Shot. Actually he did give the address but it was definitely with reluctance as it was immediately followed by the...but why can't you just scan it. Daughter says she has already addressed everything and is ready to send. I told her if she could find another envelope she should readdress it to someone else and scan his. As it happens we have run out and have thought of someone else who would appreciate one.
Old Mar 30th 2013, 1:58 am
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Oh go on, we all like stories around here
Old Mar 31st 2013, 4:53 am
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

The next scream you hear will probably be mine...... LOL. I just found out at 10.00pm last night that my friend is having his family over for Sunday dinner (Easter of course). So guess who's doing the cooking and the washing up?? No!! I refuse !!!! I did Thanksgiving, I did Christmas !!!!!!! I'm on strike!! LOL I wonder if anyone would say anything if I just stayed here in my comfy chair, laptop on my knee and didn't make a move??

Ok, so I did make some effort by clearing off the dining table, because room mate and son have a tendency to just dump things on there and not move them...so there is unopened mail from 2 weeks ago, college books, ipods, junk mail etc etc. No sooner do I tidy it up, in 24hrs it's back to being a mess again.

No! I'm on strike !!! LOL
Old Mar 31st 2013, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

The next scream you hear will probably be mine...... LOL. I just found out at 10.00pm last night that my friend is having his family over for Sunday dinner (Easter of course). So guess who's doing the cooking and the washing up?? No!! I refuse !!!! I did Thanksgiving, I did Christmas !!!!!!! I'm on strike!! LOL I wonder if anyone would say anything if I just stayed here in my comfy chair, laptop on my knee and didn't make a move??

Ok, so I did make some effort by clearing off the dining table, because room mate and son have a tendency to just dump things on there and not move them...so there is unopened mail from 2 weeks ago, college books, ipods, junk mail etc etc. No sooner do I tidy it up, in 24hrs it's back to being a mess again.

No! I'm on strike !!! LOL
Oh wow, just saw this, did you cook the dinner?
Old Mar 31st 2013, 9:10 am
Yorkshire Lass

Oh wow, just saw this, did you cook the dinner?
Nope! LOL Nobody has arrived yet and estimate time of arrival is 4pm. Friend has gone to bed after working night shift, finishing at 8am, getting home at 9am, going to church at 10am, so I'm just sitting here waiting to see what happens...

I know Christmas was a disaster almost because friends daughter was over and started cooking her bits and pieces and took over the stove so I couldn't get our stuff done until hers was finished and so dinner was late

Expecting similar disaster today
Old Mar 31st 2013, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Nope! LOL Nobody has arrived yet and estimate time of arrival is 4pm. Friend has gone to bed after working night shift, finishing at 8am, getting home at 9am, going to church at 10am, so I'm just sitting here waiting to see what happens...

I know Christmas was a disaster almost because friends daughter was over and started cooking her bits and pieces and took over the stove so I couldn't get our stuff done until hers was finished and so dinner was late

Oooh, well good luck with that
Old Mar 31st 2013, 9:13 am
Yorkshire Lass

Oooh, well good luck with that

Thanks!
Old Mar 31st 2013, 9:25 am
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Sartre was right when he said "Hell is other people!" don't do it, you're not a servant FFS! Aren't you flying back April 10th anyway?
Old Mar 31st 2013, 9:33 am
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by MissBetty
Sartre was right when he said "Hell is other people!" don't do it, you're not a servant FFS! Aren't you flying back April 10th anyway?
April 9th, but what's a day between friends? Okay, so I have NOT put the ham into the oven and I have NOT just prepared the veggies..
Old Mar 31st 2013, 10:13 am
Practical Paramedic

Lol! Well let me tell you about my Easter weekend to cheer you up! Are you sitting comfortably? Let me begin..................

So I get called out code one (bells and whistles) to a 48 year old female who has collapsed and is semi conscious. Can't get into house until pts hubby turns up, panting, sweating and panicking to let me in. Up 2 flights of stairs I go with ALL my resus equipment to find a fat sniveling woman lying on the floor of the bathroom crying down the phone to the 000 operator. Whats wrong with her? Tummy pains for an hour, feels sick and oh she has period pain too - sigh. Obviously I am also delighted to see she has no knickers on - how nice!

She's wailing like a banshee saying "last time the paramedics gave me morphine!" for period pain? Really? Hubby tells me they have just moved up here - great. So I check her over find nothing wrong but offered her a jab for the nausea and 2 panadol. She then gets up pushes past me, sits on the loo and proceeds to have a huge s*** in front of me. I walk out and SLAM the door while she is yelling out at me "now I've got diarrhoea!" Grrrrr!

The other crew arrive, see my face and start to chuckle and I tell them that under NO CIRCUMSTANCES WHATSOEVER is this woman getting a carry chair to which they agree. Finally she is calling me back in, I give her a jab of Maxolon and two panadol, she throws them to the ground and demands morphine I say NO and asked her if she wouldn't mind flushing the bloody toilet. I tell her take the panadol I say to her hubby get her some knickers and a sanitary pad get her dressed and let me know when you are done, back out I go - face like thunder.

So she comes out, finally dressed, see the boys and throws herself on the bed saying she can't walk. I ask them all to leave the room and then I let her have it, both barrels. They come back in and down the stairs she walks, crying all the way, calling me a bitch and saying she is going to complain, go ahead I tell her, feel free, we are here to save your arse NOT kiss it.

Onto the stretcher she goes, in the back I go with her and she SCREAMS like a 5 year old, throwing herself around for a full 20 minutes all the way to ED. I am busy typing my notes and fighting the urge to slap her! At ED she starts carrying on again and the nurse (my mate!) gives her what for as does the doctor lol! An hour later she is discharged - with some panadol - ha!

I have 8 weeks to go today, please please please Lord give me patience as its kinda wearing thin today!

Last edited by MissBetty; Mar 31st 2013 at 10:20 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.