Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

I think today I've gone 'troppo' - help!

I think today I've gone 'troppo' - help!

Old Apr 8th 2013, 7:35 am
BE Enthusiast

aries has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I think today I've gone 'troppo' - help!

Originally Posted by MissBetty
Lol! Ain't that the truth!!! Now another $130 poorer - arrgghh!!! I think it's highly likely I've walked over an ancient aboriginal burial ground or something ha ha ha!!!!! By the time I'm ready to leave I'm sure I'll be an alcoholic or in the loony bin with all of my nutjob patients. I'm a paramedic GET ME OUTTA HERE!!!!!!!!!
Convert your payments into the GBP, they will seem less. Your tyre is therefore about £88 . . . only two digits
Old Apr 8th 2013, 7:48 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks FB, I need a hug today!

Its weird. I've survived the past 5 years, all alone in a foreign country, work place bullying, a disasterous relationship, loneliness, moving house 6 times now etc etc and yet I'm cracking it now over my car of all things! My Nan always said if its got tyres or testicles then you are always going to have trouble with it!!!!

Maybe its true what they say about straws and camel's backs eh? I think what with the long hours at work, constant stressing and those damn lists I'm exhausted - feel like I could sleep for a month right now!

Love your Nan's saying. Sorry about all the trouble you are having with your car. It will be all over soon and then you catch your breath again.

When we were moving back, the local consignment store were taking some of our furniture. They dinged a piece of furniture whilst moving it (very minor and easily repaired) but my OH just went off the deep end. His reaction was completely over the top and I put that down to the accumulation of stress building as we got closer to our moving date. Sometimes the little things set us off during times of stress and in normal times we would just take them in our stride.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 7:56 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lf1
Love your Nan's saying. Sorry about all the trouble you are having with your car. It will be all over soon and then you catch your breath again.

When we were moving back, the local consignment store were taking some of our furniture. They dinged a piece of furniture whilst moving it (very minor and easily repaired) but my OH just went off the deep end. His reaction was completely over the top and I put that down to the accumulation of stress building as we got closer to our moving date. Sometimes the little things set us off during times of stress and in normal times we would just take them in our stride.
Moving house is one of the most stressful times, and causes more family arguments etc than most things.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 9:50 am
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aries
Convert your payments into the GBP, they will seem less. Your tyre is therefore about £88 . . . only two digits
Lol!
Old Apr 8th 2013, 10:03 am
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fulwood
It's stress Miss Betty. When my brother was ill and dying of cancer I broke a glass once. I bawled my bloody eyes out over something so insignificant. My stress levels have not reduced much I have to bloody take medication to lower my anxiety. it will pass but for now have to do what I have to do. you have a lot on your plate. the car is symptom of your stress..it too shall pass..
God that must have been awful, you just take so much and then one thing just makes you snap, hope your anxiety starts to abate soon mate.
I met my friend today for lunch and the first thing I did was burst into tears right in the middle of the shopping centre. She marched me to the coffee shop, sat me down and bought me a drink. I was going on about the tyre and swearing my head off and she was looking at me in amazement and I said "Whats up? Oh sorry for swearing mate" and she said "Its not that, I've been your friend for so long now and I have never seen you cry, its just a shock!" I can't believe I was in such a mess over nothing, I'm normally pretty tough, I think I've just lost the plot today!

Originally Posted by lf1

Yeah it just drives you mad when things keep going wrong! I'm never. ever moving again and if ONE more person says to me "Oh maybe its a sign you should stay in Australia?! I swear to God I will punch them!!!

Last edited by MissBetty; Apr 8th 2013 at 10:12 am.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=MissBetty;10645984]God that must have been awful, you just take so much and then one thing just makes you snap, hope your anxiety starts to abate soon mate.
I met my friend today for lunch and the first thing I did was burst into tears right in the middle of the shopping centre. She marched me to the coffee shop, sat me down and bought me a drink. I was going on about the tyre and swearing my head off and she was looking at me in amazement and I said "Whats up? Oh sorry for swearing mate" and she said "Its not that, I've been your friend for so long now and I have never seen you cry, its just a shock!" I can't believe I was in such a mess over nothing, I'm normally pretty tough, I think I've just lost the plot today!

Miss Betty, don't come apart at the seams You are almost there Before too long you will be serenading us with tales of being back in your beloved home. Hang in there, love! How many more shifts?
Old Apr 8th 2013, 11:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah it just drives you mad when things keep going wrong! I'm never. ever moving again and if ONE more person says to me "Oh maybe its a sign you should stay in Australia?! I swear to God I will punch them!!! [/QUOTE]

Maybe it's a sign to never own a car again
Old Apr 8th 2013, 11:22 am
Practical Paramedic

I'm trying I swear PHS I'm just so ill and so bloody tired all the time! I have no energy, no motivation and everyone I know seems to have an opinion on me going which tends to be negative - so irritating!!!!!!! I'm grumpy, bloated, nauseous, covered in a red blotchy stress rash, I have conjuctivitis (which keeps coming back) and constant headaches/neck aches/backache. They shoot horses don't they??!!!! Lol!!

Only 24 more shifts to go and, believe me, if I didn't have to do shift work I wouldn't bother getting a car ever again!!!!!

Last edited by MissBetty; Apr 8th 2013 at 11:25 am.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

I'm trying I swear PHS I'm just so ill and so bloody tired all the time! I have no energy, no motivation and everyone I know seems to have an opinion on me going which tends to be negative - so irritating!!!!!!! I'm grumpy, bloated, nauseous, covered in a red blotchy stress rash, I have conjuctivitis (which keeps coming back) and constant headaches/neck aches/backache. They shoot horses don't they??!!!! Lol!!

Only 24 more shifts to go and, believe me, if I didn't have to do shift work I wouldn't bother getting a car ever again!!!!!
My Brit friend who is upping sticks and leaving as soon as her house and shop sell is in exactly the same place as you. Everything and everyone is pissing her off. She is normally happy go lucky, with a killer sense of humour, but right now we are being visited by her doppleganger from hell

I've sent her some Eddie Izzard you tubes to watch but nothing works. We went to the gym yesterday to work off some stress, but she couldn't stay focused enough, and kept jumping from one machine to the other every 2 mins! Guess that didn't work either
Old Apr 8th 2013, 11:45 am
Practical Paramedic

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
My Brit friend who is upping sticks and leaving as soon as her house and shop sell is in exactly the same place as you. Everything and everyone is pissing her off. She is normally happy go lucky, with a killer sense of humour, but right now we are being visited by her doppleganger from hell

I've sent her some Eddie Izzard you tubes to watch but nothing works. We went to the gym yesterday to work off some stress, but she couldn't stay focused enough, and kept jumping from one machine to the other every 2 mins! Guess that didn't work either
Ok that really made me laugh!!!!! You know I just don't like being so sick -its pissing me off along with everything else. I'm hardly ever ill, due to the constant stream of patients coughing in my face, touching me with their grubby paws and generally sneezing/vomiting/peeing/pooing in my vicinity I'm pretty sure my immune system could normally take on squirrels in the back yard and win hands down!

My best friend CJ (Crazy Jamaican) will be here in exactly one week, I'm very excited to see her and its giving me something to look forward to. She is bringing duty free goodies, smuggling in Jaffa Cakes and we are going to plan a cheeky little holiday for July once my course is over

I will have to snap out of the grumps as a) its her holiday and b) she is highly likely to belt me one and tell me to stop being a pussy!

Last edited by MissBetty; Apr 8th 2013 at 12:01 pm.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Ok that really made me laugh!!!!! You know I just don't like being so sick -its pissing me off along with everything else. I'm hardly ever ill, due to the constant stream of patients coughing in my face, touching me with their grubby paws and generally sneezing/vomiting/peeing/pooing in my vicinity I'm pretty sure my immune system could normally take on squirrels in the back yard and win hands down!

My best friend CJ (Crazy Jamaican) will be here in exactly one week, I'm very excited to see her and its giving me something to look forward to. She is bringing duty free goodies, smuggling in Jaffa Cakes and we are going to plan a cheeky little holiday for July once my course is over

I will have to snap out of the grumps as a) its her holiday and b) she is highly likely to belt me one and tell me stop being a pussy!
Only possible reason that a normally healthy person like you is sick is stress. I think the best thing for you is seeing your best bud - so good timing there. Bet you'll be feeling better in no time
Old Apr 8th 2013, 2:02 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

God that must have been awful, you just take so much and then one thing just makes you snap, hope your anxiety starts to abate soon mate.

Yeah it just drives you mad when things keep going wrong! I'm never. ever moving again and if ONE more person says to me "Oh maybe its a sign you should stay in Australia?! I swear to God I will punch them!!! :frown:
Breathe ! LOL Definitely stress, but I'm glad you have a mate coming over who will help get you out of the funk you're in and I hope you're feeling better soon. Nothing is worse than being ill, down in the dumps, full of stress, working too hard and putting up with the cretins that seem to abound and yet still trying to keep your sanity.

I too have had that 'maybe it's a sign' speech !!! It's so darn annoying ! Thankfully I didn't punch anyone..but I did go and punch the bedroom wall. Now there's a hole and I have bruised knuckles but i feel much better !!!
Old Apr 8th 2013, 4:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

There is an ancient old remedy that you can buy in pharmacies in Cape Town SA which is called "rescue remedy" little white pills which you put under your tongue and they calm you down. They are based on flowers or something but not drugs of any sort so do not affect the body just a calming effect. Can you get those over there? They are sold over the counter. I remember when I left Cape Town for UK and I had to find a home for my dogs and leave my job and family and I was a mess, kept blubbering all the time even though I had instigated the move! These little pills kept me sane!
Old Apr 8th 2013, 4:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

vikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond repute

MsB draw some comfort knowing that those of us who are also extremely stressed about big decisions get a lot of peace from reading your posts I suggest keep trawling YouTube for some good comedy. I know you posted Al Murray who has been invaluable to me in the last few weeks when I have been tearing my own hair out, I still have mine though not so sure after all this decision making by this time next year )
Anyhow you probably have already seen or heard of her but if not this comedian is one of my favs at the moment:

http://youtu.be/B-uwhLHxT0A

There are lots of clips and even an Australian one ☺
Sorry to hear about your car. Tell ‘Herbie’ to get his act together.

And if nothing else have a good laugh at the irony of my situation All that west country accent practice not much call for it in So. CA !!
Old Apr 8th 2013, 9:05 pm
Practical Paramedic

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
Breathe ! LOL Definitely stress, but I'm glad you have a mate coming over who will help get you out of the funk you're in and I hope you're feeling better soon. Nothing is worse than being ill, down in the dumps, full of stress, working too hard and putting up with the cretins that seem to abound and yet still trying to keep your sanity.

I too have had that 'maybe it's a sign' speech !!! It's so darn annoying ! Thankfully I didn't punch anyone..but I did go and punch the bedroom wall. Now there's a hole and I have bruised knuckles but i feel much better !!!
I'm trying to breathe I swear but I think my knicker elastic is just too tight lol!! Thanks for the good wishes though, maybe I WILL just go out and punch something ha ha ha!!!

I just feel so cross that a week ago I had saved a bit more money and had nothing on my credit card now I have $900 on it and still have more to pay out - grrrrrrrrr! Car stuff always irritates me beyond belief, having to keep going to the mechanics/tyre place etc and sit in a poky office somewhere being patronised and then ripped off and knowing I can't do anything about it.

I'm really looking forward to my mate coming over, she was very upset when I moved here and she's excited I'm moving home. We already have a few things planned for when I'm back, we've had many adventures together and our conversations are always "OMG do you remember when..................!!!" I love that feeling of familiarity, shared history and friends. We went running with the bulls in Pamps a few years ago, we used to go shopping in NYC once a year and I've lost count of the nights we've danced our butts off, done shots and shared a good laugh over a greasy fry up in the morning!!!!

Right now I think I am just feeling the strain. I'm a really feminine woman and off duty I'm always in a frock and make up but I've never been an airhead. I'm more than capable of painting a wall, taking charge of an accident scene, travelling the world alone and maintaining my own car. I'm not asking for the sun, the moon and the stars but all I want right now is for someone to say to me "Ok, lets drop the car off Weds to be fixed, I'll bring you home, you put your feet up and relax and I'll make you a cuppa. once its done I'll take you down to pick it up ok?" thats it. Instead its going to be me taking the car in, walking a couple of kms in the rain into town (no buses, taxis too expensive) wasting the whole day wandering aimlessly around the dreary shopping centre full of kids (school hols here) then walking all the way back sweating and cursing to part with $420 of my hard earned money and it really gives me the shits!!!!

Last edited by MissBetty; Apr 8th 2013 at 9:08 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.