Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

I think today I've gone 'troppo' - help!

I think today I've gone 'troppo' - help!

Old Mar 26th 2013, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

kampaicharger will become famous soon enough
Default Re: I think today I've gone 'troppo' - help!

Jeez Miss Betty, I think we musta run over the same Chinaman (at least you could take him straight to hospital) It was nine weeks on the countdown clock for me last Friday and I copped the following...

1: A $176.00 speeding fine for a tyre shredding, screaming, lair-rising, hooning 54 kmh in a 50 km zone.

2: A $70.00 fine for not voting in a local council election in a place I left 6 months ago.

3: A $100.00 fine for parking in a secure gated cark park for which I have a gate pass and a permit.

And then last it came to me as I lay in bed wondering if the temperature was gunna drop to the point where I can actually get some sleep....

Big brother is reading BE, seeing that we are on our way out and hitting us up for money any way they can.

As Alfred E Neuman would say: "what, me worry?"

Now if you will excuse, I have to have a conversation with a parking officer.

Note to self: breath deeply and slowly, don't use big words, speak slowly.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 12:18 pm
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kampaicharger
Jeez Miss Betty, I think we musta run over the same Chinaman (at least you could take him straight to hospital) It was nine weeks on the countdown clock for me last Friday and I copped the following...

1: A $176.00 speeding fine for a tyre shredding, screaming, lair-rising, hooning 54 kmh in a 50 km zone.

2: A $70.00 fine for not voting in a local council election in a place I left 6 months ago.

3: A $100.00 fine for parking in a secure gated cark park for which I have a gate pass and a permit.

And then last it came to me as I lay in bed wondering if the temperature was gunna drop to the point where I can actually get some sleep....

Big brother is reading BE, seeing that we are on our way out and hitting us up for money any way they can.

As Alfred E Neuman would say: "what, me worry?"

Now if you will excuse, I have to have a conversation with a parking officer.

Note to self: breath deeply and slowly, don't use big words, speak slowly.

I feel your pain, I just had to fork out $148.00 yesterday to renew my driving licence as its runs out March 31st - damn.

Not long to go now, realistically I don't need a car after April 25th as my house sitting will be over, Gay Boss will be back and, being the sweetie that he is, will lend me his car for any emergencies i.e. grog run to Dan Murphy's So I just might get away with not having to fork out $360 for the rego - fingers crossed!

I just want to know which Chinaman it was? Jimmy Choo, Jimmy Chow, Jimmy Dong, Jimmy Long, Jimmy Pong or Jimmy Bong?!!!!
Old Mar 26th 2013, 1:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

happyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aries
I agree! It is also sheer madness for the streets here to be cluttered with wheelie bins for every conceivable use. Where I am living we each have a bin for personal garbage, then separate community ones for food waste, paper, cardboard, plastic, plastic bottles, and glass and cans.

We have to do the sorting, yet in South Australia I had just 2 bins, one for general garbage including food, and another for recycle. The council employed a contractor to sort it all out, and my rates were lower than here.

So where does the money go, even the roads are full of potholes.
You should try Vancouver property taxes, enough to make your eyes bleed when you get the bill. Luckily (????) for me there's no way I could ever have bought a place here.

BTW we have four receptacles for each house, it's a pretty cool system - rubbish bin, garden waste bin, box for glass, plastic and tins, bags for paper. Once you get in the groove you just don't think about it.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 1:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

happyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond repute

Crikey, that's rubbing salt into the wounded bank account! Isn't moving countries expensive enough? My sympathies, reckon you must be owed some GOOD financial luck now
Old Mar 26th 2013, 1:46 pm
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Ok in the interest of fun and for anyone who is feeling a wee bit fed up in Oz/NZ or the US today have a butchers at this - Al Murray on national anthems tormenting the Aussies, Kiwis and Yanks. Bit of &*$@# swearing in it but very very funny!!!!

http://youtu.be/bc47Wcso3hU
Old Mar 26th 2013, 2:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

vikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MissBetty
Ok in the interest of fun and for anyone who is feeling a wee bit fed up in Oz/NZ or the US today have a butchers at this - Al Murray on national anthems tormenting the Aussies, Kiwis and Yanks. Bit of &*$@# swearing in it but very very funny!!!!

http://youtu.be/bc47Wcso3hU
Yes thats a good one, like Al Murray very clever stage persona. As for the national anthem I usually just smile wrly every 4th of July safe in the knowledge that the star spangled banner music is based on a very old English drinking song 'To Anacreon in Heaven' and 90% of the dim s...ts don't even know it

http://youtu.be/ydAIdVKv84g
Old Mar 26th 2013, 2:19 pm
Practical Paramedic

Originally Posted by vikingsail
Yes thats a good one, like Al Murray very clever stage persona. As for the national anthem I usually just smile wrly every 4th of July safe in the knowledge that the star spangled banner music is based on a very old English drinking song 'To Anacreon in Heaven' and 90% of the dim s...ts don't even know it

http://youtu.be/ydAIdVKv84g
He is hilarious isn't he? So funny and very clever, your clip cracked me up - that's gold! Betty (Beautiful British name ha ha!!!)
Old Mar 26th 2013, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

kampaicharger will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by MissBetty
I just want to know which Chinaman it was? Jimmy Choo, Jimmy Chow, Jimmy Dong, Jimmy Long, Jimmy Pong or Jimmy Bong?!!!!
Jimmy POO: A 5' 6" chinaman standing in a 5' 7" cesspit (on his toes).
Old Mar 26th 2013, 2:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

vikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond repute

Jimmy POO: A 5' 6" chinaman standing in a 5' 7" cesspit (on his toes).
Your forgetting the twin cousins Jimmy Woo and Who, woo who!
Old Mar 26th 2013, 3:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Now you have me watching Al Murray, here is a classic, apologies not wishing to offend anyone:

http://youtu.be/EX98LGnvc1E
Old Mar 26th 2013, 3:26 pm
Practical Paramedic

Originally Posted by vikingsail
Now you have me watching Al Murray, here is a classic, apologies not wishing to offend anyone:

http://youtu.be/EX98LGnvc1E
The Geordie 'wail' song ha ha ha!!!!!
Old Mar 28th 2013, 12:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Miss Betty, I have found the ambulance for you
Attached Thumbnails I think today I've gone 'troppo' - help!-winebulance.jpg  
Old Mar 28th 2013, 12:14 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
Brilliant!!! I want one of those. What do I need to do to qualify as a Winemedic?
Old Mar 28th 2013, 12:15 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
I forgot to ask, where did you get that picture? Was the vehicle parked outside of your house?
Old Mar 28th 2013, 12:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lf1
I forgot to ask, where did you get that picture? Was the vehicle parked outside of your house?
Don't I wish! No, someone posted it on facebook.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.