Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

I think today I've gone 'troppo' - help!

Wikiposts

I think today I've gone 'troppo' - help!

Old Mar 28th 2013, 12:21 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I think today I've gone 'troppo' - help!

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
Don't I wish! No, someone posted it on facebook.
It's from the UK, an off-license in Selsey.

more info here..

http://jacksonvillewineguide.com/201...ce-the-sequel/
Old Mar 28th 2013, 1:46 am
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Miss Betty, I have found the ambulance for you
Ha ha ha! That's brilliant, happy to drive that any day - and let's face it I DO need a job!!!! Never fear Barmaid Betty is here lol!
Old Mar 28th 2013, 1:54 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MissBetty
Ha ha ha! That's brilliant, happy to drive that any day - and let's face it I DO need a job!!!! Never fear Barmaid Betty is here lol!
Just a reminder, if you need one that is, but on Monday we start another month...getting closer!
Old Mar 28th 2013, 2:06 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Web site for the Selsy off licence is here, and the winebulance is a registered trade mark.

http://www.theselseyofflicence.co.uk/
Old Mar 28th 2013, 2:16 am
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Just a reminder, if you need one that is, but on Monday we start another month...getting closer!
Yay!!! 8 weeks on Monday - tempus fugit!!!! Oh and I got asked tonight by a doctor from the US if I wanted a job, he runs his own paramedic company. I'll put the story up tomorrow cos I'm crawling into bed right now - something might come of it?! Til tomorrow!!!
Old Mar 28th 2013, 2:32 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Web site for the Selsy off licence is here, and the winebulance is a registered trade mark.

http://www.theselseyofflicence.co.uk/
I see that they have franchising opportunities available
Old Mar 28th 2013, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Yay!!! 8 weeks on Monday - tempus fugit!!!! Oh and I got asked tonight by a doctor from the US if I wanted a job, he runs his own paramedic company. I'll put the story up tomorrow cos I'm crawling into bed right now - something might come of it?! Til tomorrow!!!
Oooh sounds promising
Old Mar 28th 2013, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lf1
I think you may just have to get one yourself then
Old Mar 28th 2013, 10:20 pm
Practical Paramedic

Oooh sounds promising
Ok so last night I'm dealing with an elderly lady, she calls us out a lot but she is a real sweetie and I think she just gets lonely bless. So I get backed up by this miserable medic who is on overtime and he is whining that he is off in 20 mins and how unfair as he wants to go to the pub that night with his mates - blah blah blah. I ask him to follow me to the ED as I need assistance with the stretcher so he does and as soon as we are there he tells me he is leaving................... cue me losing my temper.

I pull him to one side tell him what an idiot he is and tell him he WILL help me get the patient into a bed, he will clean and remake the stretcher and then, and only then, may he leave. I'm so tired of this slack attitude and this unprofessional behaviour in front of patients and the worst thing? He is English, told him I expected better of him quite frankly! Anyways he does as he's told but he calls me a bitch, I shrug and tell him its Miss Bitch to you and he stomps off - only 20 mins late off so hardly a crisis!!!!!

I go off to do my paperwork not realising this whole heated exchange (outside in the corridor) was overheard by one of the new senior doctors here. He comes in and introduces himself (he's American) and tells me he 'likes my style' which really makes me laugh!!!! We get chatting and I tell him that I am leaving in 8 weeks and want to work privately, he then tells me he runs a private medical company in the US and he is now looking to recruit Australian paramedics. I start to laugh even more and tell him I am actually British, he tells me he LOVES the UK and did his training in Cambridge. 45 mins later we are still chatting and he has shown me his website so I ask for his card and he asks me to send him my CV - result!

It may or may not come to anything but you never know!

Last edited by MissBetty; Mar 28th 2013 at 10:27 pm.
Old Mar 28th 2013, 10:26 pm
Practical Paramedic

Originally Posted by lf1
You know I should get a franchise, get a pink ambulance uniform and dispense wine in my 'famous' catheter bags and shots in test tubes etc. I could even make up 'care packs' for the day after you know like paracetamol and hydration fluids etc. I would also wear some Jimmy Choo boots to complete the look - I think I might be onto a winner here ha ha ha!!!!!
Old Mar 28th 2013, 10:36 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok so last night I'm dealing with an elderly lady, she calls us out a lot but she is a real sweetie and I think she just gets lonely bless. So I get backed up by this miserable medic who is on overtime and he is whining that he is off in 20 mins and how unfair as he wants to go to the pub that night with his mates - blah blah blah. I ask him to follow me to the ED as I need assistance with the stretcher so he does and as soon as we are there he tells me he is leaving................... cue me losing my temper.

I pull him to one side tell him what an idiot he is and tell him he WILL help me get the patient into a bed, he will clean and remake the stretcher and then, and only then, may he leave. I'm so tired of this slack attitude and this unprofessional behaviour in front of patients and the worst thing? He is English, told him I expected better of him quite frankly! Anyways he does as he's told but he calls me a bitch, I shrug and tell him its Miss Bitch to you and he stomps off - only 20 mins late off so hardly a crisis!!!!!

I go off to do my paperwork not realising this whole heated exchange (outside in the corridor) was overheard by one of the new senior doctors here. He comes in and introduces himself (he's American) and tells me he 'likes my style' which really makes me laugh!!!! We get chatting and I tell him that I am leaving in 8 weeks and want to work privately, he then tells me he runs a private medical company in the US and he is now looking to recruit Australian paramedics. I start to laugh even more and tell him I am actually British, he tells me he LOVES the UK and did his training in Cambridge. 45 mins later we are still chatting and he has shown me his website so I ask for his card and he asks me to send him my CV - result!

You know I should get a franchise, get a pink ambulance uniform and dispense wine in my 'famous' catheter bags and shots in test tubes etc. I could even make up 'care packs' for the day after you know like paracetamol and hydration fluids etc. I would also wear some Jimmy Choo boots to complete the look - I think I might be onto a winner here ha ha ha!!!!!
Miss Betty, That does sound very promising and if it doesn't pan out your plan B sounds like a real winner. No point in having those Jimmy Choo's collecting dust.
Old Mar 28th 2013, 10:44 pm
Practical Paramedic

Originally Posted by lf1
Miss Betty, That does sound very promising and if it doesn't pan out your plan B sounds like a real winner. No point in having those Jimmy Choo's collecting dust.
Lol! Too true!!! Speaking of which the ship with all my worldly possessions arrives in the UK today!!! Ooh you know I just got a little buzz of excitement typing that!!!! Should all be realised from Customs soon

I arranged to cancel my phone and cable tv contrats today and my car goes in for its road worthy certificate next week so I can put it up for sale first week of April. All the work is nearly finished on my UK flat, just the cooker needs to be installed now and my new dining set delivered

I'm getting there!
Old Mar 28th 2013, 10:49 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

Lol! Too true!!! Speaking of which the ship with all my worldly possessions arrives in the UK today!!! Ooh you know I just got a little buzz of excitement typing that!!!! Should all be realised from Customs soon

I arranged to cancel my phone and cable tv contrats today and my car goes in for its road worthy certificate next week so I can put it up for sale first week of April. All the work is nearly finished on my UK flat, just the cooker needs to be installed now and my new dining set delivered

I'm getting there!

That is so exciting and your time left in Oz is dwindling fast.
Old Mar 28th 2013, 10:54 pm
Practical Paramedic

Originally Posted by lf1
That is so exciting and your time left in Oz is dwindling fast.
Yes I know - hurrah!!! Today I was reading this book and it was all about enjoying the simple pleasures in life, you know, kind of taking time to smell the roses and being grateful for little things. I will never take my life in the UK for granted again, its not perfect by any means but its a darn site better than my life here and its HOME

Last edited by MissBetty; Mar 28th 2013 at 11:03 pm.
Old Mar 29th 2013, 4:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Well you sure like being overheard, don't you? This does sound like a fab opportunity though. So I think you can learn something from this: don't ever keep your big mouth shut And even if it comes to naught, you do have that plan B like if1 says. I like the way you are diversifying the merchandise

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.