Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

I think today I've gone 'troppo' - help!

I think today I've gone 'troppo' - help!

Old Apr 1st 2013, 11:14 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: I think today I've gone 'troppo' - help!

Originally Posted by MissBetty
Doubled up with laughter here!!!!!!
Me too !
Old Apr 1st 2013, 11:15 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

That's why I love my BE family. Who else can I talk to?? My house mates bolt for the door the minute I mention the word PASSPORT LOL I won't even tell you what they do as soon as I mention the UK... LOL

Thanks for listening to me rant and rave !
Old Apr 1st 2013, 11:17 pm
Yorkshire Lass

Do it! You know you want to ....................
float like a butterfly....sting like a bee !!!
Old Apr 1st 2013, 11:20 pm
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
That's why I love my BE family. Who else can I talk to?? My house mates bolt for the door the minute I mention the word PASSPORT LOL I won't even tell you what they do as soon as I mention the UK... LOL

Anytime love, we are all in the same boat! I had a whinge on Facebook yesterday and got another British girl (with a partner, baby on way) saying "Oh I think its so sad you hate it here so much!" Patronising cow lol! Anyway I NEVER said I hated it here I just miss my family and the UK whats wrong with that? I shall keep my ranting to BE in future - lesson learnt!

Right I'd better get off my butt and do some work - good luck with the passport - laters!
Old Apr 1st 2013, 11:21 pm
Yorkshire Lass

Anytime love, we are all in the same boat! I had a whinge on Facebook yesterday and got another British girl (with a partner, baby on way) saying "Oh I think its so sad you hate it here so much!" Patronising cow lol! Anyway I NEVER said I hated it here I just miss my family and the UK whats wrong with that? I shall keep my ranting to BE in future - lesson learnt!

Right I'd better get off my butt and do some work - good luck with the passport - laters!
Thanks love....stay safe out there! xx
Old Apr 1st 2013, 11:58 pm

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

Typical government!!!! So I wait !!!!
Sounds like a Jobs Worth. Remember when Esther Rantzen used to give out Jobs Worth caps on That's Life?
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 12:15 am
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by Cardienscarf
Sounds like a Jobs Worth. Remember when Esther Rantzen used to give out Jobs Worth caps on That's Life?
It sure does lol
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 1:10 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Then probably end up in hospital with something broken....
Yeah, and you know what the ambulance crews round your way are like Miss Betty !

Old Apr 2nd 2013, 1:22 am
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by Snap Shot
Yeah, and you know what the ambulance crews round your way are like Miss Betty !

Well there is only one Miss Betty and she's in Australia lol. I doubt I could get a chuckle from the paramedics here in the US lol
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 1:24 am

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

Well there is only one Miss Betty and she's in Australia lol. I doubt I could get a chuckle from the paramedics here in the US lol
Not unless it's covered on your health insurance.
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 1:26 am
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by Cardienscarf
Not unless it's covered on your health insurance.
No that's in the ultra SMALL print - no chuckles allowed or patient pays extra lol
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 1:29 am
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snap Shot

Lol! You know this is so funny - Gay Boss did all the stats before he went on hols and he said "Oh do you realise that I literally do DOUBLE the calls you do?" "Really?!" says I, eyes wide feigning innocence, "fancy that!"

The thing is Gay Boss is a lovely, sweet man but he is waaaaaay too soft on our muppet population up here in Loony Town. I'm pretty sure people know when he is on duty and call him out more than me as they know he will pander to them when they are being silly/drunk or sooky, ha ha ha!!!!

Last edited by MissBetty; Apr 2nd 2013 at 1:46 am.
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 2:56 am
Forum Regular

kampaicharger will become famous soon enough

Me and the missus had no problems getting the UK passports but the missus is having a hell of a time getting the Aussie one.

I know it's frustrating, just remember to speak slowly and don't use big words.
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 4:13 am
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by kampaicharger
Me and the missus had no problems getting the UK passports but the missus is having a hell of a time getting the Aussie one.

I know it's frustrating, just remember to speak slowly and don't use big words.
Ahhh so THAT'S where I've been going wrong??

The silly part is I'm the opposite.. I could get an Aussie passport a lot easier than I can getting my UK one and I wasn't born in Australia.. Don't ask me why !
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 4:15 am
Yorkshire Lass

Lol! You know this is so funny - Gay Boss did all the stats before he went on hols and he said "Oh do you realise that I literally do DOUBLE the calls you do?" "Really?!" says I, eyes wide feigning innocence, "fancy that!"

The thing is Gay Boss is a lovely, sweet man but he is waaaaaay too soft on our muppet population up here in Loony Town. I'm pretty sure people know when he is on duty and call him out more than me as they know he will pander to them when they are being silly/drunk or sooky, ha ha ha!!!!
That's because he's a pushover and gives them what they want or tells them what they want to hear..YOU on the other hand tell it to them straight and they don't like that... I guess it takes a muppet to know a muppet...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.